Why do people forfeit in Battleground ?

kikiFurieuxkikiFurieux Member Posts: 251 ★★★
I'm sorry but it doesn't make sense... Why would you do that? You lose your points in solo/ally events and now in the general event as well.

Comments

• dr2wsdr2ws Member Posts: 272 ★★
    Do you mean during the champion ban section or when they’ve lost?
  • kikiFurieuxkikiFurieux Member Posts: 251 ★★★
    dr2ws said:

Do you mean during the champion ban section or when they’ve lost?

Yeah, I should have mentioned it, "rage quit"
  • 01000100 Member Posts: 65
    I've never Forfeited willingly.

I've been force-quited out of matchups, then I check the BG history saying I "Forfeited", regardless if I was barely winning or performing perfectly.
  • Awesomep12Awesomep12 Member Posts: 1,194 ★★★

I'm sorry but it doesn't make sense... Why would you do that? You lose your points in solo/ally events and now in the general event as well.

"The only thing they fear...is you"
  • MalchaeisMalchaeis Member Posts: 226 ★★
    Well if they do forfeit, I wish it would stop your match and say something like ...you win opponent ran away. Instead of you winning your match quickly and watching the timer click all the way down to zero. Once it goes down past 10 seconds, then you know your opponent forfeited and wasted your time as well.
  • Giantwalrus56Giantwalrus56 Member Posts: 969 ★★★★

You might've inflicted cowardice debuff

Ahhh. The dreaded cowardice debuff. Breaker of wills...
  • CROSSHAIRSCROSSHAIRS Member Posts: 250
    They forfeit because they have a severe case of skill issue syndrome
  • NightheartNightheart Member Posts: 2,101 ★★★★
    They have the coward node on themselves but ended up dying due to holding back to damage themsleves
  • BringPopcornBringPopcorn Member Posts: 4,966 ★★★★★

They have the coward node on themselves but ended up dying due to holding back to damage themsleves

They should follow the game being buggy and treat intimidate as a taunt and fight on.
  • PikoluPikolu Member, Guardian Posts: 7,611 Guardian
    Malchaeis said:

Well if they do forfeit, I wish it would stop your match and say something like ...you win opponent ran away. Instead of you winning your match quickly and watching the timer click all the way down to zero. Once it goes down past 10 seconds, then you know your opponent forfeited and wasted your time as well.

If they forfeit, then you get the win results the second you finish your match. I've played many rounds where the opponent forfeited in the middle of my match (they used torch vs iceman) and when I finished my match, it showed I won.
  • Stupid91Stupid91 Member Posts: 32

You can have all the skill in the world, but a 5 star ascended champ won't do anything vs a 7 star r3 while the opponent has to face a 6 star r2 with an ascended 6 star r5
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Member Posts: 2,401 ★★★★★
    Why go through the motions and waste play time just to lose? You might as well forfeit, then you can try for another fight that might be more in your favor.

I feel like some people are being dorks about this, because it's not that deep. If I've got limited time/gaf to play, I'm not wasting a chunk of it on a sure loss.
  • TerminatrixTerminatrix Member Posts: 2,887 ★★★★★
    We have players from various lifstyles/circumstances that play this game, and have to forfeit for whatever reason that we can't see.

Some players have young children. Their baby could be sound asleep one minute, and the player could jump on the game thinking they have time to play, then next thing you know the baby is wide awake and crying it's lungs out.

Some of us have jobs, and might try to get some gametime in during downtime, lunch break, or whenever. I definitely hop on the game when I have downtime, but then that sometimes change quickly and I'll forfeit out.

I think we have some firefighters that play too. If they're doing a fight and then get a call, they have to forfeit that fight.

If I lose early in the matchup, and the opponent has already been declared the winner, I'll sometimes forfeit to avoid hearing the clock counting down and rubbing the loss in my face. The ticking agony of defeat is soooo unecessary. Lol.

I do think a lot do rage quit though lol

• CROSSHAIRSCROSSHAIRS Member Posts: 250
    Stupid91 said:

You can have all the skill in the world, but a 5 star ascended champ won't do anything vs a 7 star r3 while the opponent has to face a 6 star r2 with an ascended 6 star r5
    3 words " class based matchmaking"
  • Stupid91Stupid91 Member Posts: 32

Stupid91 said:

3 words " class based matchmaking"
    Yeah there's nothing I can do ab it. At least I am learning how to fight annoying defenders
  • Grootman1294Grootman1294 Member Posts: 898 ★★★★

You might've inflicted cowardice debuff

Better make that a passive since those types of people can't seem to shrug it off lol