The Next Realm Event....

KinglerKingler Member Posts: 11
What do you guys think the next realm event is gonna be?

Comments

• dr2wsdr2ws Member Posts: 263 ★★
    Incursions are next I think.
  • shield311shield311 Member Posts: 687 ★★★
    edited October 24

shield311 said:

I have a few ideas..

- arenas
    - incursions
    - level up/rank up

I'd love arenas, especially if they load it with units. We do also have saga incursions coming up soon, so incursions wouldn't surprise me (if they do another realm event that quickly).
    I'd personally love units and a ton of artifacts, I'm chasing namor since forever and still haven't pulled him so decided to try my luck with the incursion crystals, would love to get him and dupe him
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Member, Guardian Posts: 12,589 Guardian
    Suggestion..
    Arena, with multiple additions to reflect the Star versions max that people have had to use over the 10 years.

1/2* (2015 Throwback Arena)
    2/3* (2016 Throwback Arena)
    3/4* (2017 Throwback Arena) (not sure if those years correspond roughly to being able to a max out those * champs or not)

But with each of above “throwback” arena's giving much higher points for using the lower of the 2 allowed Star versions.
    So getting into Streak, and continuing past that too, would be using (example) your 2* champs against what would eventually be teams of 3* opponents (for the 2/3* arena), if you wanted to get the higher points toward Realm Event (and Arena Milestones).

Similar to some of the 1*/2* special ones we’ve had before.
  • JackTheSnackJackTheSnack Member Posts: 410 ★★

shield311 said:

I have a few ideas..

- arenas
    - incursions
    - level up/rank up

I'd love arenas, especially if they load it with units. We do also have saga incursions coming up soon, so incursions wouldn't surprise me (if they do another realm event that quickly).
    This would actually be a great segway to the banquet if they load it with units. People can stack units for the banquet all while doing the realm event
  • BigBlueMadness11BigBlueMadness11 Member Posts: 9
    I expect it will be something tied to the anniversary everest content that is comming up.
  • Greed_ExodusGreed_Exodus Member Posts: 385 ★★★
    If the next realm event is arena, I’m lobotomizing myself with the wooden stick from a corndog
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Member Posts: 5,802 ★★★★★

If the next realm event is arena, I’m lobotomizing myself with the wooden stick from a corndog

Arena is still faster than BGs though.
  • startropicsstartropics Member Posts: 828 ★★★★
    edited October 24
    ooh arena would be cool but i doubt it, it's a game mode they won't really benefit from. i can see incursions...
  • This content has been removed.
  • Crys23Crys23 Member Posts: 822 ★★★★
    I doubt they can do an Arena based realm event because of the arena bots. They would have to remove them all and keep them out.
    If they can do that, then yeah, I'd love an arena realm event. I might even try for Bastion title.
  • FurrymoosenFurrymoosen Member Posts: 3,619 ★★★★★
    edited October 24
    Crys23 said:

I doubt they can do an Arena based realm event because of the arena bots. They would have to remove them all and keep them out.
    If they can do that, then yeah, I'd love an arena realm event. I might even try for Bastion title.

It could also be a good way to identify and weed out more bots (not that they couldn't do that already). We would just have to wait for the ranked rewards.
  • PT_99PT_99 Member Posts: 4,387 ★★★★★
    Kill 1 billion enemies in incursions 😵
  • Chuck_FinleyChuck_Finley Member Posts: 1,193 ★★★★★

shield311 said:

I have a few ideas..

- arenas
    - incursions
    - level up/rank up

In theory I would too. But if it followed the current trend: all individual milestones would be removed eliminating double dipping, the community milestones would require more rounds than completing all unit milestones for the month currently, and the forums would be full of “I quit!” and “Quit being LAZY!” threads.
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 8,966 ★★★★★
    Arena realm events with rewards focussed more on units gold and battlechips would go hard before cyber Monday and banquet events. And kabam is unlikely to do a pro ftp move.
  • Chuck_FinleyChuck_Finley Member Posts: 1,193 ★★★★★
    I would like something in line with the death counter of necropolis: but this time, it’s defender intercepts.

If the defender light intercepts you in any game mode you are awarded points. Getting special intercepted grants you even more points.

The average community response:

“Son of a… the BG AI is terrible!!! Oh well, at least I got the community some more points”

(The only issue might be server load with how many points need tabulated consistently)
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 8,966 ★★★★★

I would like something in line with the death counter of necropolis: but this time, it’s defender intercepts.

If the defender lA eght intercepts you in any game mode you are awarded points. Getting special intercepted grants you even more points.

The average community response:

“Son of a… the BG AI is terrible!!! Oh well, at least I got the community some more points”

(The only issue might be server load with how many points need tabulated consistently)

Or

A event would that would immediately stop defenders from attempting light intercept, like how the AI is willing to intercept in VT meta but goes passive in GC one. So it's a Win Win situation
  • EakomoEakomo Member Posts: 121
    an arena realm event just sounds like a terrible idea in general, even if you find a situation to track that isn't too bad like lets say total damage done. The time investment for arena is just not worth it, personally not going to touch arena even if theres a realm event.

Incursions potentially could be a good place for a realm type event, just not for enemy defeats, because that's just going back to spending an eternity farming incursions for no reason, but damage can easily spiral in incursions which would be very easy to ramp