**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

tips for beating Modok in Master quest

Looking for tips on beating Modok in Master quest. This will be my first attempt at Master and will fun duped 4/40 champs at him. Thank you in advance.

Comments

• Options
    Titan_A97Titan_A97 Posts: 179
    Modok is different from most other champions in that he requires patience to beat, meaning the usual parry, 5 hit, special attack combo won't work on him. Don't try to rush him.

The key to fighting this giant head is to hit him with 4 hit combos as opposed to 5 hit combos since there is a high chance of him retaliating with a combo himself. Also, close range specials are also quite risky so I'd recommend using SP3.

Alternatively you could use a good ability reductionist like a dupe BW (who has a really convenient class advantage), AA, X-Bones or even GP. If you're more comfy with a direct approach, then this is the option for you.

And one last note, don't forget to evade and bait his specials lol.

• Options
    Ricky_G1Ricky_G1 Posts: 47
    Thanks @Titan_A97 . My AA is not duped but 5/50 with deep wounds level 2 he is great for aq. What do you think of the Witch of DS for defuffing him?
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,245 ★★★★★
    I used Hulk. You have to be quick because he has a Block and whiff style. Like was stated, use 4-Hit Combos. Make sure you get Parry in quickly and Stun before trying a Combo. Spent an obscene amount of Resources because he Blocks, then whiffs quickly. The majority of the Fight he's Blocking.
  • Options
    I ended up taking out Taskmaster with my hulk with sp1 and constant stun
  • Options
    I used this team:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivS7xZZ7UFg

I would bait his special 1, use a champ with bleeding skills, make a 4 hit combo and try to parry only when u r 100% sure that it will work.
  • Options
    SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    This is amazing advice no suggestions of just using the highest god tier champs such as "stark spidey rank 4 5 star was the one for me". This is proper advice and good to read, thanks guys.
  • Options
    Dark89PhoenixDark89Phoenix Posts: 166
    I found that Daredevil Classic is a great option to beatbox him. I have him duped at level 23 & he never gets hit 🤷🏾‍♂️
  • Options
    Yeah this has been a good discussion. I think I will make a few runs through Heroic with several options.
  • Options
    High duped BW, Thor- parry, heavy, parry heavy, until you get s2, parry, s2 should take off chunks.
    Or use AA and apply neurotoxin, also Sparky works if you keep your combo to 4 hits only.