Why is ICEMAN not immune to coldsnap?

Why is ICEMAN not immune to coldsnap? Just thinking logically, he's made of ICE? how is cold snap going to affect him?

Of course the same logic with Ghostrider being a being of fire who is not immune to incinerate.
«1

Comments

  • Dave_the_destroyerDave_the_destroyer Posts: 981 ★★
    AAAARRRRGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!
  • @DNA3000 It sounds logical but doesn't match at all with the ability description of iceman which says he uses his Cyrokinesis ability to "chill the air around HIM" to freezing temperatures, causing coldsnap.....

    So by the very description of his awakened ability, he causes cold snap on his opponent by chilling the air around himself. So it is logical to assume that he would then be existing within said chilled air that causes coldsnap on opponent but not suffering from it himself in this case.

    4xh5e1qzl9fe.png

    I think we have to allow for some latitude with how the text descriptions "explain" the powers, or very quickly a lot of the powers in the game don't make sense. If cold snap is the literal result of Iceman chilling the air around himself and essentially causing everything around him to feel the effects we associate with cold snap, we'd have cold snap permanently.

    But if we want to get strictly literal, it does say Iceman chills the air *around* him. It does not therefore have to directly affect himself, since his power doesn't say it chills his own body. The effect could be directed only outward.

    The character sheet also says Iceman is composed of "organic ice" and not literal ice, and without knowing what "organic ice" is, it is conceivable that whatever it is, it is not vulnerable to normal incineration effects and immune to poisons (and can't bleed) but is not immune to the weaponized energy manipulation effects Iceman himself can direct to a target.

    Keep in mind, I am not trying to prove that Iceman *should be* vulnerable to cold snap. Nobody can do that. The question is whether it is unreasonable for Iceman to be vulnerable to cold snap, and I think there's enough uncertainty in how these powers work that there are logical avenues to how that *could* reasonably work.
  • The1_NuclearOnionThe1_NuclearOnion Posts: 893 ★★★
    @DNA3000 Yeah, vague descriptions allow for almost anything really. :)
  • @Sungj I block laser beams with my arms all the time. What do you mean?

    He probably doesn't mean the kind your cat chases across the room.
  • The1_NuclearOnionThe1_NuclearOnion Posts: 893 ★★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    @Sungj I block laser beams with my arms all the time. What do you mean?

    He probably doesn't mean the kind your cat chases across the room.

    10 points for you for figuring it out! :)
  • the6ththe6th Posts: 152
    Well,well,well simply kabam logic no scientific explanations here. :lol: Those champs who uses hand and stick can cause bleed while the ones who uses swords doesnt, and some other stuff well that's part of the game.
  • Just because someone has a gun doesn’t mean he is immune to bullets
  • SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,354 ★★★★
    While we are at it how come ghost riders massive hell fire breath does not cause any incineration at all but hyperions lasers and special bullets can?
  • While we are at it how come ghost riders massive hell fire breath does not cause any incineration at all but hyperions lasers and special bullets can?

    Well, you said it yourself: its Hellfire, not fire fire. Hellfire is more of a magical energy than it is combustion, and Ghost Rider uses it for all kinds of things. In the comic books, for example, Hellfire sometimes doesn't burn any material object, but does affect the souls of the people he uses it on. It wouldn't be very useful to use as a punishment for the soul if it also turned the person he used it on into a charcoal brickette. The Hellfire breath attack in MCOC has chance to power drain, suggesting it isn't being used as a normal fire, but as a magical fire that sucks the life out of the target.

    That's why when people say Ghost Rider should be immune to incinerate because he is surrounded by fire they are not describing the character accurately. Ghost Rider isn't surrounded by normal fire and he is not on fire. He is surrounded by magical hellfire which only burns when he uses it as an attack and wants it to burn.

    Ghost Rider is immune to fire in the comics not because he is on fire, but because as the personification of the spirit of vengeance he is pretty much immune to everything.
  • BobomanBoboman Posts: 674 ★★
    I suggest you don't argue with DNA
  • SlayerOfGodsSlayerOfGods Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    You hit Colossus with metal, what happens?
    You use a flamethrower on the human torch, what happens?
    Iceman shouldn't be able to freeze to death, or even get cold.
  • ViciousJViciousJ Posts: 256
    Iceman made of ice .. should be immune to coldsnap .. easy as that ..
  • GogetaGogeta Posts: 57
    edited December 2017
    one more thing why maestro is affected by poison or neurotoxin?everyone knows he's none other than hulk and hulk is immune to poison.
  • GogetaGogeta Posts: 57
    And during mordo's special 3 spiderman falls down to some creature like kraken or whatever,spidey should able to stick to walls but he won't during mordo's special three .And i mean for all spideys
  • GogetaGogeta Posts: 57
    this game defys all logic
  • The1_NuclearOnionThe1_NuclearOnion Posts: 893 ★★★
    BulkHuster wrote: »
    Just because someone has a gun doesn’t mean he is immune to bullets

    Luke Cage has bulletproof skin but is NOT immune to bullets in this game. So Debunked.
  • DiddydiditDiddydidit Posts: 27
    Kabam has to have a way to deplete health even from skilled players so even they must use items to progress. Auto damage dealers, dorm, ice, meph, force players to obtain certain immune champs, increasing their “hype” and units/cash spent acquiring them.

    Get used to more auto damage and auto blocks etc. that will force need for newer champs that can bypass and more items to finish content. As others already stated, effects and immunities are not logical.

    Don’t like auto damage from dorm? Grab a blade, only 50 GMC and you got a decent shot for him!

    Don’t like cold snap? Grab a meph!
  • The1_NuclearOnionThe1_NuclearOnion Posts: 893 ★★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    While we are at it how come ghost riders massive hell fire breath does not cause any incineration at all but hyperions lasers and special bullets can?

    Well, you said it yourself: its Hellfire, not fire fire. Hellfire is more of a magical energy than it is combustion, and Ghost Rider uses it for all kinds of things. In the comic books, for example, Hellfire sometimes doesn't burn any material object, but does affect the souls of the people he uses it on. It wouldn't be very useful to use as a punishment for the soul if it also turned the person he used it on into a charcoal brickette. The Hellfire breath attack in MCOC has chance to power drain, suggesting it isn't being used as a normal fire, but as a magical fire that sucks the life out of the target.

    That's why when people say Ghost Rider should be immune to incinerate because he is surrounded by fire they are not describing the character accurately. Ghost Rider isn't surrounded by normal fire and he is not on fire. He is surrounded by magical hellfire which only burns when he uses it as an attack and wants it to burn.

    Ghost Rider is immune to fire in the comics not because he is on fire, but because as the personification of the spirit of vengeance he is pretty much immune to everything.

    Um. Is it possible you made that up sir? What exactly is your source of reference for Hellfire being any different kind of fire than regular fire at least in its effects? Maybe Marvel's hellfire I suppose?
    Dictionary definition of incinerate - destroy (something, especially waste material) by burning.
    Hellfire as described in the bible is fire that burns things to complete destruction (incinerates).
    Isaiah 33:14, Malachi 4:1, The Dictionary
    That said, we are talking about a make believe universe of Marvel so I guess it doesn't really matter that much.
    OK. You win.
  • jojodeth101jojodeth101 Posts: 456
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Ozzziie wrote: »
    Why is ICEMAN not immune to coldsnap? Just thinking logically, he's made of ICE? how is cold snap going to affect him?

    Of course the same logic with Ghostrider being a being of fire who is not immune to incinerate.

    The fact that Ghost Rider is not a being made of fire weakens your argument substantially.

    But separate from all the balance arguments and other collateral arguments surrounding this one, I've also been confused by why anyone would think that Iceman, just because he is made of ice, would be immune to cold snap. And it just occurred to me this must be because I'm not thinking about cold snap in the same way someone might colloquially think about cold snap.

    Cold is not a thing. There's no such thing as adding more cold to something. Cold is really the absence of heat. Cooling something is subtracting energy from it. We might think of cold snap as damage being done because we are "hitting the target with cold" but that's a meaningless statement, physics-wise. We are actually draining energy from the target which makes it colder. So the question "why is Iceman not immune to cold snap" is really asking this question: should Iceman, just because he is made of Ice, be completely immune to superpowers that drain kinetic energy from their target in such a way that among other things they get colder in temperature?

    Iceman might generally be immune to being exposed to cold because when exposed to low heat environments not much happens to him. But that doesn't mean he is necessarily immune to something that can more directly drain him of kinetic energy. Such a thing would have to be extremely powerful at draining thermal energy to have any effect on Iceman. Like, maybe, Iceman.

    head is hurting ow ow ow
  • JFerg114JFerg114 Posts: 122


    Cold is not a thing. There's no such thing as adding more cold to something. Cold is really

    Cold is actually a thing, living in Chicago for 30 years has taught me as much! However, they immunity should be inferred as it scientifically proven that once a substance or matter achieves absolute zero there isn't anything that can freeze beyond that point. Keep in mind we are talking about mutant powers so this entire conversation is a relative. The simplest answer to the question has little to do with science or mutant powers as it does money. The monetary gain that is achieve by offering a minute amount of counters benefits Kabam. Now of course they will state there are counters besides Memphisto, but in reality why would the offer multiple solutions to a unique encounter when they benefit from it?
This discussion has been closed.