**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

I finally realised why OG Ultron was evading more than AOU Ultron

RotmgmoddyRotmgmoddy Posts: 916 ★★★
Ok, so I know maybe some people already understood this, but only after fighting the OG Ultron in 5.4.6 in my second run, I finally figured out why OG Ultron was seemingly evading more than AOU Ultron, despite both of their abilities saying pretty much the same thing (an evade every 7 seconds). It was an eureka moment for me, and only after finding out, it decreased my revive usage from 9 for the first run, to 4 in the second run, to 0 in the third and fourth run so far.

So, both say an evade every 7 seconds... but you know what's the difference? One evades at intervals of 7 seconds, and one stores an evade every 7 seconds. The latter's your answer. Instead of having a 100% chance to evade at every 7 second interval like AOU Ultron, OG Ultron on the other hand STORES the evade until you throw a hit at him every 7 seconds, capped at 1 stored evade. This is why he seemingly appears to evade more.

So let's say the fight begins, 7 seconds have passed and OG Ultron now has an invisible evade stored, rather than AOU Ultron only having that evade for that 7th second. The stored evade only activates if you throw a hit at OG Ultron. So if you throw a hit at him when 10 seconds have passed, he will evade that hit, and the 7 second timer starts counting down again. This countdown timer is affected by ability accuracy reducers. So let's say he happens to be stunned right before the 7 second invisible timer ticks off, there's a chance he will not store an evade charge.

So why is this so useful to know and how did it help me and how it could help you? By knowing that a guaranteed evade is stored every 7 seconds, you can predict when he is actually going to evade. Count in your head, a rough estimate of 7 seconds since the last evade, and when you reach around 7, be prepared for the evade. To prepare for an evade, you can either immediately block after you throw that hit, quickly dash back (and quickly dash forward if you want to try intercepting him) or if he is in the corner, risk continuing your combo.

Thanks to finding out this information, I was more aware and could predict when he was going to do an evade, which allowed me to prepare appropriately. This helped me tremendously and I was spending no revives on him as compared to my first run of 9 revives. I hope this info helps anyone who has not heard of this before.

Comments

• Options
    Horror_punkHorror_punk Posts: 1,053 ★★★★
    Nicely elaborated mate
    Looking forward to this
  • Options
    Wow. This is amazing to know. Thank you!
    Though, it is frustrating that the game doesn't tell us (if this is indeed how he works). It's preposterous to work agains his evade and be hit right after.

Anyway, thanks again @Rotmgmoddy
  • Options
    KingyakoopaKingyakoopa Posts: 203
    He doesn't evade much at all if you use Nebula...yxmo98oh0owk.jpg
  • Options
    PikachupacabraPikachupacabra Posts: 3
    edited December 2017
    Oh dang, I overlooked that in Nebula's abilities. She might be a decent NC killer too, then.

-edit-
    Gave it a few tries, building up 5 charges and parrying to transfer them is a lot of work for the short time that shock charges linger, but it does make it easier.
  • Options
    gohard123gohard123 Posts: 998 ★★★
    Oh dang, I overlooked that in Nebula's abilities. She might be a decent NC killer too, then.

-edit-
    Gave it a few tries, building up 5 charges and parrying to transfer them is a lot of work for the short time that shock charges linger, but it does make it easier.

ability accuracy against robots not any champs
  • Options
    He doesn't evade much at all if you use Nebula...yxmo98oh0owk.jpg

Yep that's definitely a good counter! No need to worry about evades as long as you don't parry and maintain the shock charges. I'm not too sure of her DPS since I don't have her, but I'm sure the occasional parry and shock infliction could outdamage Ultron's Vigor.
  • Options
    KingyakoopaKingyakoopa Posts: 203
    Yeah I finished it yesterday. I only used Nebula... Ultron gives you at least enough time to build 10 shock charges. And sp2... It's all about timing. I find him so much easier than the collector...
  • Options
    Yeah I finished it yesterday. I only used Nebula... Ultron gives you at least enough time to build 10 shock charges. And sp2... It's all about timing. I find him so much easier than the collector...

Yea he was much less bs than the Collector, the fight actually relied A LOT on your skill (and your intelligence in bringing the right champs).

Just finished exploring that quest, now I got Quests 1-5 to go. I actually decided to explore inversely, I want to clear all the difficult content so I can stop getting heartaches looking at the harder quests I need to explore. :P
  • Options
    SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    Thank you so much for explaining this I just need to complete the mephisto quest (I went to him without my 5 star unduped quake and failed).
    Also are there any more tips for this ultron before I face him such as how to counter or watch out for his power gain or regen and every possible champ that would be good against him. I have a 4 star starlord and hulk as well and my plan was to store quite a few revives and do as much damage as I can with hulk before dying and revive and repeat.
  • Options
    SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    ?
  • Options
    Thank you so much for explaining this I just need to complete the mephisto quest (I went to him without my 5 star unduped quake and failed).
    Also are there any more tips for this ultron before I face him such as how to counter or watch out for his power gain or regen and every possible champ that would be good against him. I have a 4 star starlord and hulk as well and my plan was to store quite a few revives and do as much damage as I can with hulk before dying and revive and repeat.

That "deactivated buff" node of his is very powerful. I think the only tip I can give you for that node is you should NOT inflict a debuff when you see the current inactive node as either regen or power gain. You don't want regen as it is a very strong regen (2000 per tick I believe) and you don't the power gain (or flow, actually) because he goes to L3. Unless you can last a long time with SL, which you can but it is really tough, I think Hulk would be really good since his damage is very high at low health and he'll be able to outdamage Ultron.
  • Options
    Vision_41Vision_41 Posts: 721
    Awesome find!
  • Options
    nameplasnameplas Posts: 240 ★★
    Now figure out black widows evade too please lol. Awesome information!!