**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Ice Phoenix

Can someone please explain to me how does ice Phoenix puts so much damage from her cold snap. When you into the fight her cold snap is doing 456 per tick. That is x2 per second for 12 seconds which the total number of damage is 10944. When you go on to her info it is stated in there that her signature level and rank she is supposed to do 4375.56 total. Now if you read her buffs it does not says anything about her cold snap being stronger or supposed to put out more damage. Can someone please explain to me what's going on here or what is it that I'm missing.

Comments

• Options
    Drewbe14Drewbe14 Posts: 122
    Buff on the node
  • Options
    Donrey422Donrey422 Posts: 40
    What buff?
  • Options
    GrimmbearGrimmbear Posts: 639 ★★★
    Coldsnap(and other DoT) will scale according to the nodes the champ is on. For example, if Iceman would normally do 4000 dmg at the beginning of a fight non-boosted, with a 100% attack boost he would do 8000 dmg at the beginning of a fight.

Tl;dr- It scales with the node
  • Options
    ViciousJViciousJ Posts: 256
    Uncollected ice Phoenix is fun to play especially when it lags
  • Options
    If that is the case how are we supposed to take her down without having to spend . The only champ that don't get damage from the cold snap is memphisto and not all of us have the luck of having him. 10k+ cold snap plus her 10k+ hit that will kill you from blocking what's the trick.
  • Options
    QwertyQwerty Posts: 636 ★★★
    Donrey422 wrote: »
    If that is the case how are we supposed to take her down without having to spend . The only champ that don't get damage from the cold snap is memphisto and not all of us have the luck of having him. 10k+ cold snap plus her 10k+ hit that will kill you from blocking what's the trick.

don't block.
  • Options
    Also in case that kabam hasn't notice we're having problems with Parry evading and blocking which equals to instant death. I know and understand that this challenges are made to be difficult but this takes the cake. Not all of us have the time to sit down and crying for days and hours to be able to have a bunch of units to buy all the revives and heals just to be able to take down one champ.
  • Options
    DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMfEXhWg5eM&feature=youtu.be

8:45-10:45 mark shows 5/50 Star Lord soloing Uncollected Ice Phoenix. Too bad Star Lord was no match for Kabam's servers.
  • Options
    Drummer16Drummer16 Posts: 324 ★★
    I agree with you OP.

A nodes buff should not change flat value damage in something like a signature ability. E.g. if it was Drax and his % chance to add fury stacks adding +150 damage, it shouldn't become +300 damage on a node with +100% attack and health. The whole point of the +% attack and health node buff is that it augments their base attack (the number next to the swords) and their max HP by the specified %.

It should not go modifying abilities on top of that. If it was, then why was the % system dropped? The % system would have had a multiplicative effect because bonuses like fury and damage in signature abilities were written as a % bonus off the champions base damage.

Sounds like we went through all that painful conversion to flat values for no reason.