**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Is Role Reversal working right?

I'm in Act 5.2 right now, and many of the nodes have Role Reversal. However, when I put a mystic up against a cosmic, the cosmic's stats go down and the mystic's go up. It looks like the normal class relationship.

What's going on?

Comments

• BendyBendy Posts: 3,350 ★★★★★
    Role reversal is opposite so if u have average it's a disadvantage when in the fight
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,874 ★★★★★
    Yep it looks normal but it does actually get reversed.

So against a cosmic, you want to use a Tech champ, it will show them with the advantage but you will have it during the fight
  • LoPrestiLoPresti Posts: 1,035 ★★★
    It works for me, when I fight a "disadvantage" fight, I do way more damage than on a regular fight.

Just wished it showed the "role reversal" working in the pre-fight menu.
  • CassyCassy Posts: 1,071 ★★★
    its intended not to Show pre fight. They said that many times by release.

its a node at least. nodes will not be counted in, in pre fight menue calculations.
  • JasonMBryantJasonMBryant Posts: 301 ★★
    That's very confusing. Basically the game is telling you one thing in one place and the opposite in a different place.
  • GunnesGunnes Posts: 32
    Bringing up a buried thread here but yeah, especially when other nodes are like increased health and attack
  • The_beast123The_beast123 Posts: 2,050 ★★★★
    edited February 2021
    I had some doubt about BANE. It reads it ticks around X % health of for some amount of time. But it seems to me like it takes more of health when on us rather when on the defender.
  • Prakhar_82Prakhar_82 Posts: 713 ★★★
    Gunnes said:

Bringing up a buried thread here but yeah, especially when other nodes are like increased health and attack

Seriously? @Gunnes he might have left the game?
  • Prakhar_82Prakhar_82 Posts: 713 ★★★

I had some doubt about BANE. It reads it ticks around X % health of for some amount of time. But it seems to me like it takes more of health when on us rather when on the defender.

It say x% of base health, opponents have modified health (due to +100% health/attack nides), they have really low health in comparison to modified health, hence it ticks far less.
    @The_beast123
  • The_beast123The_beast123 Posts: 2,050 ★★★★
    Thank you @Prakhar_82 !
  • BrianZ76BrianZ76 Posts: 3
    I’m in Act 5 chapter 2, “The Don”. Went up against Ant Man (science) with my strongest 5 star mystic and I hit him over 58 times and his meter only went down to 85%. He hit me 11 times and knocked me out. I don’t see the role reversal. What am I missing?
  • TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
    BrianZ76 said:

I’m in Act 5 chapter 2, “The Don”. Went up against Ant Man (science) with my strongest 5 star mystic and I hit him over 58 times and his meter only went down to 85%. He hit me 11 times and knocked me out. I don’t see the role reversal. What am I missing?

well first, you're new to the forums so i'll advise you it's not a good idea to comment on old threads that aren't active. second, what champ did you use against antman?
    edited March 2021
    Oh, my apologies...I didn’t realize that was not ok. I’m using a 5 star Mordo.
    BrianZ76 said:

if he is rank 1 or rank 2, he might not do a lot of damage. if you have better champs such as Corvus Glaive, Ghost, or Doctor Doom, they will do more damage

BrianZ76 said:

if he is rank 1 or rank 2, he might not do a lot of damage. if you have better champs such as Corvus Glaive, Ghost, or Doctor Doom, they will do more damage
    He’s rank 4 lvl 122, but I’ll see if I have the others you mentioned.
    BrianZ76 said:

BrianZ76 said:

He’s rank 4 lvl 122, but I’ll see if I have the others you mentioned.
    you don't necessarily need a good champ, but you could have some long fights. just practice and read the abilities of your champ, and the champ you're facing to make fights go quicker and to have less mistakes
  • FlyGalaxyBombFlyGalaxyBomb Posts: 777 ★★★
    @TheBair123 If he's new to forums, how would he know about old threads? Cut him some slack, like cmon. @BrianZ76 it will show that you have class disadvantage but in reality you don't. Have fun gaming my dude :)

@TheBair123 If he's new to forums, how would he know about old threads? Cut him some slack, like cmon.

he didn't and that's why i told him Confused Nick Young | Know Your Meme

• CassyCassy Posts: 1,071 ★★★
    He might have used the mysterious search Funktion.
    Like he would in most other forums.