Champion Spotlight - Carnage [CORRECTED]

Comments

• CuteshelfCuteshelf Posts: 747 ★★★
    The most important question is.... when I can I use him as my profile pic?

• sfu_koraxsfu_korax Posts: 236
    eXtripa69 wrote: »
    He has low stats. Probably the worst ones in the game. That should have been stated more clear somewhere.

Anyways ... the only good point that I see on Carnage is his Bleed abilities. Althought they are weak bleeds, he can buff them with Deep wounds.
    After a 4-hit combo (ending with a light attack), he will have a precision passive. If he uses a sp1 right after that, then the crit rate goes even higher. And, since sp1 does 7 hits, he can cause up to 7 bleeds with only that special.
    Also, you could potencially build up fury buffs to increase the bleed damage. But that would only be useful in longer battles

This only happens with lucky, since his base crit rate is very very very freaking low.
    Unless I'm missing something, this champion is a disappointment for me

He has so low stats only because you have to increase them by mutating and acquiring permanent buffs=stat boosts in every battle. Seems kind of a pain to play with. I think I prefer venom's random buffs.
  • ARKANG3L_2099ARKANG3L_2099 Posts: 129
    Carnage may have a low attack but i think his power will lay within his buffs.
    So long as he has Bleed, Evade, Fury and Regen he will not only be a great comic book adaption but a great person for any team.
  • Vdh2008Vdh2008 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    Carnage may have a low attack but i think his power will lay within his buffs.
    So long as he has Bleed, Evade, Fury and Regen he will not only be a great comic book adaption but a great person for any team.

He doesnt have evade or regen that I can see... So you're going to be disappointed.
  • DrHoaxDrHoax Posts: 2
    And No! Carnage's Passive Buffs do not trigger Mystic Dispersion when they change because they are passive! They will trigger it if they are Nullified, or Counter Spelled, etc.

Can you clarify this? Technically, Dr Strange's buffs are "passive", yet they still trigger MD when they "change".
  • DrHoax wrote: »
    And No! Carnage's Passive Buffs do not trigger Mystic Dispersion when they change because they are passive! They will trigger it if they are Nullified, or Counter Spelled, etc.

Can you clarify this? Technically, Dr Strange's buffs are "passive", yet they still trigger MD when they "change".

Carnage doesn't have buffs. Only passives.
    Those passives can be turned into permanent buffs.
  • UPDATE: A number of you have asked about the PI Rating of Sig 99 Carnage. It was erroneously listed as higher than it should have been, and has now been corrected. The correct PI value of 4-Star Carnage at Sig Level 99 is 4778.

It was originally listed at 4855.

We are very sorry for any confusion this may have caused.
  • DrHoaxDrHoax Posts: 2

So they'd work more like, say, Joe fixit's Gamblers Ruin (he gets different benefits from the different poker suits, and changing these suits doesn't trigger MD)? But then Miike says that they can trigger MD if they are nullified/counter spelled, etc... would he mean that they can trigger MD if they are converted to permanent buffs and get nullified/counter spelled after that, or will these be "passives" that aren't "buffs" but can still be nullified/counter spelled...?

Lol, I'm confused.
  • DrHoax wrote: »

So they'd work more like, say, Joe fixit's Gamblers Ruin (he gets different benefits from the different poker suits, and changing these suits doesn't trigger MD)? But then Miike says that they can trigger MD if they are nullified/counter spelled, etc... would he mean that they can trigger MD if they are converted to permanent buffs and get nullified/counter spelled after that, or will these be "passives" that aren't "buffs" but can still be nullified/counter spelled...?

Lol, I'm confused.

Yes. The permanent buffs can be nullified and they trigger MD.
    The passive ability "buffs" (not really buffs) can't be nullified
  • DARKLOKIDARKLOKI Posts: 50
    carnage mechanics are confusing but will wait and see, i see no use for him imo
  • DrizzitsDrizzits Posts: 157
    Kabam has been on a trend the last several months of releasing champs with rather unique as styles. I'm excited for carnage personally. I see him being an absolute monster. His bleed coupled with dw will chunk opponent health very quickly, especially if you build him with attack per battle. He'll take some experience and getting used to, but I think he'll have value, especially in the bleed heavy meta.
  • KpatrixKpatrix Posts: 1,032 ★★★
    Are Android users going to get locked out of this arena as well ? Im not even sure I want to try after this latest fiasco and no resolution in site. It would sure be nice to see the last arena repeated or adjusted for our lost time, but obviously there is an iPhone bias here and Android users get punished and stiffed on rewards
  • KpatrixKpatrix Posts: 1,032 ★★★
    The collector has also put a curse on Android users, beware.
  • GargameshGargamesh Posts: 66
    Kpatrix wrote: »
    You need to mutate your phone...dah...
  • BlackenedBlackened Posts: 23
    The bleed on his special 3 isn't scaling with Fury stacks. Is that intentional?
  • This is what I think about him:
    - His base stats are trash. The worst in the entire game.
    You have nerfed them just because we can choose which stat to increase the most? That doesn't make sense. He should have "normal" stats just like everyone else.

-Low HP and low Attack
    Again, this two stats are very low. You could have maked him a glass canon, but he is not anything near to that.

-Bleed damage. Very low and short time
    Since his damage is very low, he should at least benefit from bleed damage right? Well ... he doesn't, since he can only apply bleed with heavy attacks and 3rd specials, which only lasts for 10 seconds. And, his bleed damage is very freaking low to compensate that!
    Also, his 0.5 seconds bleed are useless if he doesn't have Deep Wounds mastery.

Overall he is worst than Joe Fixit, and he should be buffed before this one. He is just useless everywhere
    edited June 2017
    Agreed with @eXtripa69. Whoever thought out these numbers has no clue. For a character focused about bleeds, you gave him one of the worst in the game. His bleed is 1/3 the damage of Wolverines, and can only be applied via heavy?!

If you made his bleed-on-crit apply constantly instead of just when they were already bleeding, he might be okay. But even then, *only* okay.

Edit:

If his sig was reworked to extend bleed duration and apply constant power gain that would also be a solid improvement and could justify his low stats. Even with that change he'd only break even with Wolverine or X-23 for bleed potential.

The whole drive lately seems to be character diversity and having options to tackle various challenges. I get not every champion can be god-tier. But at this point I'd be hesitant to bring Carnage even to quests. It'll never happen, but I urge you guys to consider adjusting him.
  • ARKANG3L_2099ARKANG3L_2099 Posts: 129
    Kpatrix wrote: »

Yeah by allowing people to open crystals and have them land on the 4* featured champion only for the crystal open to someone else!
  • Dok_HolidayDok_Holiday Posts: 23
    Mikeself9 wrote: »
    Is 3671,25 damage over 20 seconds. So, 91,8 damage per tick

That is for his base attack, so that bleed damage will fluctuate as you get attack buffs on him.

I feel like I'm trying to find reasons to be positive because I just really like Carnage? :D

Give it up @Mikeself9. He just sucks. Welcome to the new standard. You'll get the option to buy him for $500 in 2 months

Just saying.
  • DARKLOKIDARKLOKI Posts: 50
    edited June 2017
    whats the point of giving him **** stats then capping his buffs and giving him a weak bleed which only activates on heavies and sp3
    Such a shame.
    I like the way he moves and his L1 is great.
    A bit of tweaking and he could be an amazing champ... but right now I'd rank him lower than spidergwen/IP
  • RehctansBewRehctansBew Posts: 438 ★★★
    Wow, I was excited then realized that in any times fight he is actually a liability. If you have WP on and let my 5/50 sig 20 hit you with a heavy, he bleeds you at a whopping 30 a tic. Allowing to regen at 50 a tic. He is a pure prestige champ to drive the carrot forward. Never will he have a use on any content. sMH
  • ddatmddatm Posts: 21
    To be honest, carnage is very bad. Low health, no regen, low basic stats, poor damage without buffs, mediocre damage with those " awesome" buffs, heavily relies on bleed to cause damage and activate his sig but his bleed is very hard to trigger and the bleed damage is even worse than a 3-star wolverine. Plz do something to let him be a "mid-tier" champion.
    Can we get a Dev to comment on the state of Carnage?

Is he 'working as intended'?
    Or are his base stats bugged?
    Bleed numbers bugged?

A huge portion of the community have been waiting for this champ and you've totally disappointed them.

What content do you expect him to be used in?

I'm struggling in gold master quest with him.... his block damage is phenomenal.
  • So disappointed with Carnage. it's sad. He deserves better.
  • ddatmddatm Posts: 21
    Plz do something to buff him and show some respect to this notorious villain in Marvel history
  • DReckoningDReckoning Posts: 57
    The psychotic and depraved Carnage is making his way to the Contest! Find out everything you need to know about the newest addition to the Contest here: https://playcontestofchampions.com/champion-spotlight-carnage/

REMINDER: Carnage's 5-Star Featured Hero Crystal will be the first to take advantage of the new system: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/57/new-5-star-champion-addition-and-changes-to-5-star-featured-hero-crystals

UPDATE: Carnage's PI at at Sig Level 99 was erroneously listed as higher than it should have been, and has now been corrected. The correct PI value of 4-Star Carnage at Sig Level 99 is 4778.

It was originally listed at 4855.

We are very sorry for any confusion this may have caused.

:(