Champion Spotlight - Carnage [CORRECTED]

Comments

• Lambda1Lambda1 Posts: 200 ★★
    UPDATE: A number of you have asked about the PI Rating of Sig 99 Carnage. It was erroneously listed as higher than it should have been, and has now been corrected. The correct PI value of 4-Star Carnage at Sig Level 99 is 4778.

It was originally listed at 4855.

We are very sorry for any confusion this may have caused.

Question is : when are you gonna remove that prestige system? This is totally useless. Why should I prefer ranking up X-23 instead of Wolverine? They are pretty similiar but I'd better up X-23 only for prestige...

All champs should have same basic prestige and prestige should be bigger at higher level/rank and depend on masteries.
  • Eos_Nano_XEos_Nano_X Posts: 304
    Cuteshelf wrote: »
    Any chance we'll see anything with 14.0 update, Miiike?

Not yet. We are going to take a look at him soon, but we don't know when that will be yet.

So hopefully all our cries have been heard and Carnage will be worthy of his own name.
  • 35six735six7 Posts: 31
    Any update for carnage?
  • Fel_95Fel_95 Posts: 347 ★★
    35six7 wrote: »
    Any update for carnage?

If by update you mean "they forgot about him as new champs were released and it's time consuming to rework a bad champion", yes they did
  • RafitasRafitas Posts: 65
    Keep waiting for some answer from mod.
    Carnage is the joke of contest :)
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    Any chance of Carnage getting looked at for version 15.0 or next month's update?
  • I stopped using my 3/45 5* cause he just sucks so damn bad. Took me 15 hits against a 1100 pi champ when my carnage was 7700 pi. Spidy took 2 hits to beat him. ridiculous. He needs a rework badly.
    Any mod can update this?
  • Jonrdz1Jonrdz1 Posts: 201
    I just R4 hoping for The best..... But it's sad that a super villain like him hits so weak and I have Deep wounds maxed out and it doesn't help at all just wasted resources I hope some day he gets a make over it would be great I'll definitely spend more money when he is stronger and make him my Top champ!
  • Jonrdz1Jonrdz1 Posts: 201
    Make those claws deadly something like Gwen pool bleed or Wolverine he needs to live up 2 his name as a super Villain
  • He needs his base stats raised and he needs to add regen buff into the mix and his bleed should be better than gwenpools
  • Vdh2008 wrote: »
    neb wrote: »
    The real problem is designing and properly testing a new champ every 2 weeks doesn't give them enough time to get it right. They don't have time to fix a champ once it's released because they only have 2 weeks to bang out the new rushed champion. Maybe they're understaffed?

I'd rather see 1 new AWESOME champ a month than 2 turdburgers like Carnage.

Exactly. The more time they spent up front on a champ, the less likely they need to do something about it in the future ( CW, elektra, etc), and those rework won't make Kabam money. 1 new champ a month keeps the cash flow coming.

We understand ability designing is both fun and challenging, but as an example champs that just do damages without touching anything is getting old real fast. Is best to work within the capacity.
  • DucimusDucimus Posts: 27
    I'm just trying to amalgamate some of the suggestions for Carnage. Here's a summary of what I found in reading this forum:

Problem: Time to buff up is too long.
    Proposed Solution: reduce the time or make the current buff apply upon landing a special attack.

Problem: Base stats for attack and defense are too low.
    Proposed Solution: Acknowledging that Carnage is meant to buff up, focus only on either reducing his base attack or base defense, but not both.

Problem: No HP regen.
    Proposed Solution: Have regen trigger when Carnage is bleeding.

Problem: Opportunity to apply bleed is too limited.
    Proposed Solution: Have every hit potentially apply bleed like Black Panther.

Problem: Bleed damage amount is too low.
    Proposed Solution: Have his heavy attack and Special Attack 3 apply either a longer or stronger bleed debuff, or both.

I had an idea in mind but didn't see it in the forums, so I would like to add:
    Problem: His heavy attack is too slow to be reliable.
    Proposed Solution: Speed up the animation or having him cover more range.

Hope this helps speed up the process of balancing Carnage.
    Cheers!
    edited July 2017
    Since the bleed ability is extremely weak, I don't get it why Kabam did not make this as a default ability for all level of attacks.
  • CuteshelfCuteshelf Posts: 747 ★★★
    Ducimus wrote: »
    I'm just trying to amalgamate some of the suggestions for Carnage. Here's a summary of what I found in reading this forum:

Problem: Time to buff up is too long.
    Proposed Solution: reduce the time or make the current buff apply upon landing a special attack.

Problem: Base stats for attack and defense are too low.
    Proposed Solution: Acknowledging that Carnage is meant to buff up, focus only on either reducing his base attack or base defense, but not both.

Problem: No HP regen.
    Proposed Solution: Have regen trigger when Carnage is bleeding.

Problem: Opportunity to apply bleed is too limited.
    Proposed Solution: Have every hit potentially apply bleed like Black Panther.

Problem: Bleed damage amount is too low.
    Proposed Solution: Have his heavy attack and Special Attack 3 apply either a longer or stronger bleed debuff, or both.

I had an idea in mind but didn't see it in the forums, so I would like to add:
    Problem: His heavy attack is too slow to be reliable.
    Proposed Solution: Speed up the animation or having him cover more range.

Hope this helps speed up the process of balancing Carnage.
    Cheers!

Don't have him regen while bleeding. That would be awkward and non beneficial when fighting champs that don't inflict bleed.

I suggest making his sig steal a % of his bleed damage as health and leech the targets energy instead of his current 'increased energy gain when target is bleeding' sig

This would allow him to be played aggressively to regain health and also to keep the enemies energy low. The more bleeds the more he's steals/drains.

Also about his stats. Just give him standard base stats, even if they are on the lower end, and have the buffs stack from that. SL has standard stats and his sig increases damage/defence according to the combo meter. Carnage would work well with this model, just increases from buffs instead of combo meter. And can be countered by dispell. You can keep the buff generation the same this way as it helps gate his ramp up but makes it not as important.

I agree about his heavy. Id consider doing its similar to dormammus heavy. The timing of that makes it easier to land. But honestly having a smoother bleed generation, from either chance on hit/crit or from every special would make his heavy not as important.

Another thing I've been thinking off since doing the spidey event, (I was pretty gutted I couldn't use carnage or venom to smash the spideys...) I'd like to see an anti evasion ability for both carnage and venom. It makes more sense then having anti evasion than other champs (tech spidey?! What the...).
    What if, when the opponent evades, the symbiote shoots out a tendril to counter the evade. Similar to a reversed mordos astral evade. The evading champ would get hit by the tendril stopping the evade and carnage could continue his combo. This would make sense from a character point of view, and potentially look cool as hell.

I've put a lot of thought into changes for carnage. I don't want to make him rediculous but I'd like to have him useful and fun to play.
  • nebneb Posts: 428 ★★★
    What if for his base stacks they just baked 1 physical resistance and one block prof into his base stats, then took them off the buildable side of buffs. It would be easier to build him up if you only had the 3 offensive stacks to build. Ai seems to wait till the last second to hit you and force the buff to be block prof.
    I think David Michelinie should play this game to acknowledge that his creation in MCOC really makes his fans disappointed and heartbroken. Otherwise there's no way this post and the other carnage related posts are more than 1.2k views individually. Not to mentions some other carnage posts are closed by Kabam.
  • TheSOURATheSOURA Posts: 674
    He will b better if they add poison along with bleed.
    TheSOURA wrote: »

That doesn't seem to fit his character.
    It sucks, because I'd r4 mine today if he had any AQ or AW value. Heck, I'd do it even if they told us he would be buffed on the next update lol.
    It sucks, because I'd r4 mine today if he had any AQ or AW value. Heck, I'd do it even if they told us he would be buffed on the next update lol.
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Wolf @Kabam Spice
    Ur guys are online :)
    Any update on this?
    Look to all people reaction about him.
    So much love for Spider Stark, awesome character, amazing mechanics.
    Carnage is the worst at now in the meta.
    What dev team said? You guys passed about a month ago and now mate?
  • ConquestConquest Posts: 16
    I'd also like an update on carnage being looked into? Any approximate time frame for him to be fixed?

And say fixed not buffed since according to kabam mike he is supposed to be good in long fights, he's not, and in the spotlight it referenced high bleed damage which he doesn't have.
  • nebneb Posts: 428 ★★★
    Don't forget he's a counter to electro somehow according to his spotlight.
    edited July 2017

Https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Symbiote
    Go to symbiote_(comics)
    edited July 2017

Https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Symbiote
    Go to symbiote_(comics)

Nice link... just explains what a symbiote is.

My point is, carnage is a psycho with axes and blades as appendages. He's a bleeder.

Simply adding poison to his kit won't fix him.

Edit: I checked out the carnage link to what you linked. There's no mention of carnage poisoning anyone.

It mostly says he
    -forms weapons
    -has high regen abilities
    -is immune or highly resistant to diseases.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carnage_(comics)

Links not working properly...
    Yea the link is not working properly.
    edited July 2017
    Carnage has self spider sense, and immune to spider sense. Has regen too.
    Actually i said that poison ability bcaz venom symbiote has venomous bite. Also has of regen.