Champion Spotlight - Sentry [Updated: Added 5-Star Stats]

1111214161740

Comments

  • TwuntTwunt Posts: 149
    We shall see if anyone responds on Monday.
  • ApacheApache Posts: 558
    edited January 2018
    Twunt wrote: »
    We shall see if anyone responds on Monday.

    Mike responded in another thread. Already said they were made aware and aren’t making changes

    http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/42775/is-sentry-working-properly#latest
  • TwuntTwunt Posts: 149
    Shame. Time to drop heavy dough on Squirrel Girl. The first god tier science champ coming this year. She will surpass Sparky and Blade for sure.
  • AliabAliab Posts: 138
    Yeah I saw that response and it’s kind of sad. No one was even asking to make him even more powerful. He’s not even a niche player. I would describe She-Hulk as a niche strong against science, mystic, and tech when she’s duped and her heavies are fun. But they specifically said Sentry was for long fights but nobody wants a 1000 hit fight. I understand balancing character in game versus their comic counterparts for fairness sake but this is a little extreme. I’m sorry we hurt the developers feelings since they seem to be happy with sentry. They need to accept and learn from their criticism instead of getting hurt feelings.
  • AliabAliab Posts: 138
    If his reality warps at least affected his fury and armour break on specials then yeah he can be way more useful. But even with void I can’t see the synergy helping that much at all. And they said his regen will counter limbo and other unavoidable damage but that’s also not true. The healing is too negligble and only triggered by sp3 below 50% health.
  • ApacheApache Posts: 558
    Aliab wrote: »
    If his reality warps at least affected his fury and armour break on specials then yeah he can be way more useful. But even with void I can’t see the synergy helping that much at all. And they said his regen will counter limbo and other unavoidable damage but that’s also not true. The healing is too negligble and only triggered by sp3 below 50% health.

    Kabam exaggerated his abilities as always
  • New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,146 ★★★
    Disappointed here too. Especially from a big paying customer like myself. Totally unacceptable response from them
  • AliabAliab Posts: 138
    Yep I’ve dropp good money for the first time this year because apart from the bugs etc I’ve been really enjoying the game, the new quests, hell I even love fighting modok cause he’s so annoying but fun to take down in the end. But damn no one is asking to make Sentry unstoppable but he hits as light as Luke Cage
  • ESFESF Posts: 878 ★★★
    edited January 2018
    Has anybody tried him with a Quake/Hawkeye/Crossbones team? Does that get his Fury, etc., to proc more? Plus the Crit Rating increase?

    EDIT: Please disregard this post; I found the portion where someone did. Thanks!
  • Sentry blows bottom line. And notice how they won’t address the questions about him being bugged
  • ScottryanScottryan Posts: 360
    Aliab wrote: »
    Kabam how about you make a video showing how Sentry should be used if you think our complaints are not warranted? Also then a follow up video with the Void synergy once he is released. Then show us what niche use he has other than prestige. Because at this point even Black Widows evade triggers more often than any of Sentry’s abilities(minus the regen which is 100% effective under 50% health). Even the armour break and fury don’t trigger at a 70% rate guys.

    Bw gets her evade once avery 30 hits...sentry gets 30%chance for every 10 hits ignoring the first of the 4 modes since it doeant give anything...so it should trigger........1 every 40 hits....lol!
  • ScottryanScottryan Posts: 360
    The power of 1k exploding suns...must be small suns. Sentry is dissapointing, useless, weak and the fact that he is not going to be buffed shows how little kabam knows about marvel comics and the mcoc community
  • CuteshelfCuteshelf Posts: 747 ★★★
    Scottryan wrote: »
    The power of 1k exploding suns...must be small suns.

    Exploding SONS.

    FTFY... Now it’s time for a nap.
  • DrOctavius2_2DrOctavius2_2 Posts: 416 ★★
    This might be the new direction Kabam is going this year, have a champ that is **** by themselves but synergies will make them better, sort of a indirect way of adding gears only here the gears will be new champs coming out
  • It's actually 1 million exploding suns.
  • If that's the direction they are going then I hope they are ready to lose a lot of players.
  • GreywardenGreywarden Posts: 514 ★★★
    1 million capri suns
  • Mr_TunizMr_Tuniz Posts: 8
    @Kabam Miike Sentry Tags “The power of a million exploding suns” - “Super Soldier” also ingame at his profile stats it says Burst (power). Dont get me wrong, I know not every champion needs to be Tier 1 or OP but the way he procs abilitys (utility) and his overall damage output is more than disapointing, even his crits are lower then crits of my R3 4* Gamora, i did the testing as she is also classified as a Burst champion. I compored it with my Dupe R3 5* Sentry (sig lv. 50). Please consider to do a rebalance in overall power and ability proc.

    Also could there be an more detaild explanation on how his abilities preciesly works?

    He looks awesome by the way! And his specials looking badass ;). Thanks in advance for replying

    Mr. Tuniz (ign: tunis27)
  • KeepOnMovinKeepOnMovin Posts: 63
    edited January 2018
    To be honest im glad to see they didnt push out another overpowered champ. If some people didnt automatically assume that since a champ is new they should be great and read the stats before pouring tons of time energy and resources in they wouldnt be so disappointed. I guess this is one for the lesson books and a time when not being a top ranked summoner is a good thing. I guess everyone will start asking for rank down tickets again because they jumped before looking.
  • Mr_Tuniz wrote: »
    @Kabam Miike Sentry Tags “The power of a million exploding suns” - “Super Soldier” also ingame at his profile stats it says Burst (power). Dont get me wrong, I know not every champion needs to be Tier 1 or OP but the way he procs abilitys (utility) and his overall damage output is more than disapointing, even his crits are lower then crits of my R3 4* Gamora, i did the testing as she is also classified as a Burst champion. I compored it with my Dupe R3 5* Sentry (sig lv. 50). Please consider to do a rebalance in overall power and ability proc.

    Also could there be an more detaild explanation on how his abilities preciesly works?

    He looks awesome by the way! And his specials looking badass ;). Thanks in advance for replying

    Mr. Tuniz (ign: tunis27)

    Your thanking him for nothing or haven't you noticed that nothing in here is getting a reply.
  • If You read mikes comments it just shows you how out of touch the moderators are in this game
  • TwuntTwunt Posts: 149
    He works properly based on his description. I wish they would be flexible and provide some olive branch by increasing the 30% chance or decreasing the % health threshold for RWs to carry over or increase his crit rate. Honestly some peace offering would be greatly appreciated and may calm us all down.
This discussion has been closed.