Champion Spotlight - Sentry [Updated: Added 5-Star Stats]

Comments

• Tsunani wrote: »
    They say they hear us. They say they like our feedback. We've been shouting out loud here to make sentry descent. Don't let this tread die. Let's keep complaining and bring more people.

I honestly don’t give feedback. They turn it against us. Seen it happen before.

• At least we get a response from the wanna be mod.

False advertising is the use of misleading, false, or unproven information to advertise products to consumers or advertising that does not disclose its source. ... A false advertisement can further be classified as deceptive if the advertiser deliberately misleads the consumer, as opposed to making an honest mistake.

They removed a topic about false advertising earlier
  • In all seriousness I would just like for them to give an explanation of how they put him in the game as he is when this comes straight from marvel:

The Sentry is, for all intents and purposes, almost completely impervious to harm

The Sentry possesses vast superhuman strength, granting him the ability to lift (press) far in excess of 100 tons easily. He is one of the strongest beings in the Universe.

Though most of his powers and their limits are still unknown, the Sentry has been said to have the power of a million exploding suns. He is so powerful that Karla Sofen theorized in front of Norman Osborn that what happened after Scarlet Witch broke down would be nothing compared to what Sentry could do. Sentry has also fought Galactus.[2] He was stated to be an Omega-Level Threat by Mister Fantastic,[36] and Nick Fury's intel classified him as Power Level 10+.

That's just a small part. Please kabam explain how that converts into the champ you added.
  • BsnkomBsnkom Posts: 25
    Moderators dont like our opinions. Look at me they put me behind bars just because my opinion.
  • New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,146 ★★★
    Bsnkom wrote: »
    Moderators dont like our opinions. Look at me they put me behind bars just because my opinion.

They like it if it's positive.

@Kabam Miike you say he is a ‘niche’ fighter and useful in certain situations. That’s the reason for the furor, as that statement has not been substantiated in any way. No one, kabam or gamer, has been able to show how to make the stars align for him to be half way useable. You can’t say he was tested. If so, just show us the scenario where he isn’t worthless. Prove it actually exists rather than looking at numbers and guessing that the situation could theoretically arise.

Curious to know what those situations are? Long fights don't seem to increase his attack...so what are those situations?

• MaxKohMaxKoh Posts: 1
    Just got a 3 star, the champ is a great design, can tell that a lot of work went into him, kudos to the dev team! Only have one suggestion - remove the % chance upon entering each state altogether. 10 hit combos are over in a flash, to cycle 4 states and not activate his abilities is ridiculously weak, equivalent to Doctor Strange not procting his buffs. Having his abilities at whim will allow players to strategise and unlock his potential with skill and better fit his concept of unstable mind and immense power. To make him ‘able to rip gods apart’ and ‘stronger than the original 12’, this simple change should do it. #buffsentry
  • MaxKoh wrote: »
    Just got a 3 star, the champ is a great design, can tell that a lot of work went into him, kudos to the dev team! Only have one suggestion - remove the % chance upon entering each state altogether. 10 hit combos are over in a flash, to cycle 4 states and not activate his abilities is ridiculously weak, equivalent to Doctor Strange not procting his buffs. Having his abilities at whim will allow players to strategise and unlock his potential with skill and better fit his concept of unstable mind and immense power. To make him ‘able to rip gods apart’ and ‘stronger than the original 12’, this simple change should do it. #buffsentry

They already said they are not going to change him and they need to change more than that 1 thing anyway.
  • Mmx1991Mmx1991 Posts: 674 ★★★★
    edited January 2018
    I shake my head when I see players furiously dumping months and months worth of shards down the drain on a champ with unknown value. For the love of god, WAIT A WEEK AND SEE HOW THE CHAMP FUNCTIONS!

I feel bad for the players who went for him, but my sympathies are starting to wane in these situations.
  • Mmx1991 wrote: »
    I shake my head when I see players furiously dumping months and months worth of shards down the drain on a champ with unknown value. For the love of god, WAIT A WEEK AND SEE HOW THE CHAMP FUNCTIONS!

I feel bad for the players who went for him, but my sympathies are starting to wane in these situations.

I didn't go for him, but that doesn't change the fact that kabam got him completely and totally wrong.
    Mmx1991 wrote: »

How do you wait a week? Don't you need the champion first so you can test him. You can't believe everything on the forums. Regardless if you don't R3 or R4 the 5*, you still burnt red shards or the 150 unit crystal on him.

• Mmx1991Mmx1991 Posts: 674 ★★★★
    edited January 2018

I didn't go for him, but that doesn't change the fact that kabam got him completely and totally wrong.

Correct, they have gotten him totally wrong and he is a trash champion, BUT every player should guard their shard stash like it's worth actual money. Don't invest in champions when they haven't been vetted. Let content creators do their thing, wait a week and then pop crystals.

If content creators would do their thing to start with we wouldn't have this problem at all.

When was Sentry released as a playable champ? January 4th?

Seatin released this January 7th:

The community couldn't wait 3 days? Would it kill them to wait a little? Everyone seems to be good at waiting for Stark Spidey or Blade, but they're in a hurry for every untested champ it seems.
  • HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★
    Fact: Sentry by himself is a garbage champion.

But people should wait writing Sentry completely off until we get his Void synergy. From the champion description on Void, 'fear of the void' is 60% evade and dexterity ability reduction, some ~2000 critical rating deduction, potentially up to 100% powergain / regeneration reduction, and 50% attack increase for 40 seconds. If it really works that way, the 100% powerlock would be huge. You can easily get to SP3 again within 40 seconds so someone like Magik would be shutdown after the first SP3. It would turn Senty into an actual decent champion if he can get away with full powerlock (or at least reduced) for 40 seconds.
  • One of the most powerful character in comics is totally **** in mcoc. Thanks MCOC for making all god tier in comics as disgusting champs in the game. @Kabam Miike Will you please explain why Ghost Rider is not incinerate and poison immune?? And why electro is not shock immune??
  • Mmx1991 wrote: »

But people should wait writing Sentry completely off until we get his Void synergy. From the champion description on Void, 'fear of the void' is 60% evade and dexterity ability reduction, some ~2000 critical rating deduction, potentially up to 100% powergain / regeneration reduction, and 50% attack increase for 40 seconds. If it really works that way, the 100% powerlock would be huge. You can easily get to SP3 again within 40 seconds so someone like Magik would be shutdown after the first SP3. It would turn Senty into an actual decent champion if he can get away with full powerlock (or at least reduced) for 40 seconds.

Champs should stand on their own. I don't believe in half baked champs being released into the game where they only function with the help of a synergy.

I couldn't agree more.
  • Not to mention, talk about a money grab. Not only do players have to spend resources/money to get 1 champ they have to spend even more in hopes of getting 2 champs.
  • CuteshelfCuteshelf Posts: 747 ★★★

Champs should stand on their own. I don't believe in half baked champs being released into the game where they only function with the help of a synergy.

I agree 100%.
    If sentry needs void to function they should have released him as one champ.
  • Is Kabam really not fixing sentry? This is a travesty. Very disrespectful to the Kabam community. Choosing not to act will only hurt Kabam of future profit and support. If they listen to the community (when it is as overwhelming as this) it will only increase their profit, support and reviews.
  • HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★

Of course they should. As it stands, Sentry is garbage in all aspects. But hopefully the synergy might bring some usefulness and value to the champion to move him out of garbage tier. One thing for sure, 'unique synergies' becoming a core part of picking your team is clearly the direction Kabam wants to move forward in but missed the target in Sentry.
  • 35six735six7 Posts: 31
    I agree with you, Hulksmasshh. We don’t need another BS long fight champion like carnage which makes no use at all.
  • Haji_SaabHaji_Saab Posts: 2,944 ★★★★★
    I get it ..

Once a sun has exploded, it doesn't have much power ...So a power of thousand exploding suns would be less than Luke Cage (I think you need 2 thousand exploding suns to reach him).

• HuonuoHuonuo Posts: 42
    Admittedly, not every new champ is going to be the new God Tier, and you already admitted Sentry is not as powerful as others, but please explain how you justify his prestige being the highest? Also it is long overdue to have a decent science champ, the weakest class in the contest, please please put in some effort to balance the classes of champs or just for God sake, stop giving people science awaken gems all together, for someone who was given two useless science 5* awaken gems by Kabam, I sincerely feel disappointed and frustrated on how bad the new sciences champs are
  • I understand that not every champ can be as powerful as every other champ but I'm not sure underpowering what is supposed to be the most powerful champ in marvel was a very good way to balance. And the disgrace done to carnage caused me to quit the game for roughly 6 months. Just think from a buisness stand point you might not want to keep making the most popular and powerful characters the weakest. Just a helpful opinion
  • I was really looking forward to the release of the Sentry, saved up tons of units and shards to get him in the first weekend.
    What a huge dissapointment to get him!
    He looks great, plays fluidly, but his abilities and powerlevel does not reflect the character. I don't understand why kabam didn't make the Sentry a powerful champion. As is, the Sentry is easily the weakest champion from the last year. I rather play a Spider-Gwen than this Abomination (pun intended).
    I don't think the team did their research well.

He should have:
    * High attack, health and crit.
    * debuff immune (bleed, poison, incinerate, no parry for the opponent) but can be affected by Magic)
    * High regeneration (Fine if it's the SP3)
    * Heightened senses (he can hear a butterfly in Africa while in the US)

The weakness of the Sentry lies in his mental state. You could make 3 "mental states" that give him different stats. A weak one, normal one and a powerful one each lasting 5 seconds or so. That would balance things out.

I really hope you revise your statement that the Sentry will stay the same for now. As it is, this reflects poorly at the character, gameplay and credibility of Kabam.

#Makemychampionright
This discussion has been closed.