Champion Spotlight - Sentry [Updated: Added 5-Star Stats]

1141517192040

Comments

  • Gerçekten içler acısı
  • Will the synergy with Void stack? As in if he has already used a sp3 and 10 seconds later uses another one, will he now boost his boosted attack again and inflict another stack of fear of the void. Or will he just refresh the current fear of the void and just refresh his timer for the +50% attack?
  • ThalionThalion Posts: 65
    give up guys, kabam dont care
  • ApacheApache Posts: 558
    Thalion wrote: »
    give up guys, kabam dont care

    even the youtubers are bashing him
  • Mcord117Mcord117 Posts: 1,287 ★★★★
    Apache wrote: »
    Thalion wrote: »
    give up guys, kabam dont care

    even the youtubers are bashing him


    And they are basically paid employees
  • Neroa65Neroa65 Posts: 302 ★★
    Kabam listen to your players please.. You guys are all for the player base no? At least that's what you guys say. Our feedback matters. Well our feedback on Sentry. This is not sentry we know and love from the comics.. Please increase his ability's % and stuff. Just change him for the better.
  • TwuntTwunt Posts: 149
    I think they are really banking on the Void synergy. If it does what it should, it will be interesting to see people only use S3 just to not want to deal with timing the buffs. If it works well, only two things players will rely on is S3 and Steadfast Approach.
  • ThalionThalion Posts: 65
    Twunt wrote: »
    I think they are really banking on the Void synergy. If it does what it should, it will be interesting to see people only use S3 just to not want to deal with timing the buffs. If it works well, only two things players will rely on is S3 and Steadfast Approach.

    Well, they will rely on those things after they spend a fortune trying to get both characters. How good a champ is shouldn't depend on having another champ.

    just void will not make him good, if this is the 'tatic', sentry will need at least 3+ synergy to be 'Above avarage' :pensive:
  • TwuntTwunt Posts: 149
    I agree. The criticism is fair. I’m positive they still want to see how the Void synergy works in their overalll experiment.
  • Twunt wrote: »
    I agree. The criticism is fair. I’m positive they still want to see how the Void synergy works in their overalll experiment.

    If they test stuff before releasing it then they should know how it works and shouldn't have to do an experiment.
  • Hulk_77 wrote: »
    Hey, I finally found a place in the game where Sentry is really powerful and does huge damage!!!!




    It's right in the middle of Void's Special 3.

    Let's see proof please.
  • Neroa65Neroa65 Posts: 302 ★★
    They're buffing Lucas.. Lmao. Buff Sentry first! He's a new addition.
  • Neroa65 wrote: »
    They're buffing Lucas.. Lmao. Buff Sentry first! He's a new addition.

    Got a warning for suggesting that in another thread.
  • Both champs selected for this current Beta test (Luke Cage and Red Hulk) are ALREADY better than Sentry :disappointed:
  • Mcord117Mcord117 Posts: 1,287 ★★★★
    Wonder why sentry wasn’t released in the content provider program prior to release
  • MarzGroove wrote: »
    Hey, the Hyundai I just bought isn’t as fast as a Ferrari. What gives?

    The Hyundai wasn't advertised to be as fast as a Ferrari.

    This is not correct. The Bio has nothing to do with the stats. The Bio is a creative introduction, and they're all made to sound interesting. The actual Abilities are what the Champ is capable of, and that's what people need to get to know before deciding to invest in a Champ. It is not false advertising. It was an animated synopsis of where they come from.

    At least we get a response from the wanna be mod.

    False advertising is the use of misleading, false, or unproven information to advertise products to consumers or advertising that does not disclose its source. ... A false advertisement can further be classified as deceptive if the advertiser deliberately misleads the consumer, as opposed to making an honest mistake.

    Any lawyer attempting to make the claim that a comic book character that isn't as powerful in a game as depicted in comic books is false advertising or fraud would probably risk disciplinary action from their state bar for filing frivolous lawsuits.
  • DNA3000 wrote: »
    MarzGroove wrote: »
    Hey, the Hyundai I just bought isn’t as fast as a Ferrari. What gives?

    The Hyundai wasn't advertised to be as fast as a Ferrari.

    This is not correct. The Bio has nothing to do with the stats. The Bio is a creative introduction, and they're all made to sound interesting. The actual Abilities are what the Champ is capable of, and that's what people need to get to know before deciding to invest in a Champ. It is not false advertising. It was an animated synopsis of where they come from.

    At least we get a response from the wanna be mod.

    False advertising is the use of misleading, false, or unproven information to advertise products to consumers or advertising that does not disclose its source. ... A false advertisement can further be classified as deceptive if the advertiser deliberately misleads the consumer, as opposed to making an honest mistake.

    Any lawyer attempting to make the claim that a comic book character that isn't as powerful in a game as depicted in comic books is false advertising or fraud would probably risk disciplinary action from their state bar for filing frivolous lawsuits.

    Maybe, maybe not. There have been some pretty frivolous lawsuits won.
  • DNA3000 wrote: »
    MarzGroove wrote: »
    Hey, the Hyundai I just bought isn’t as fast as a Ferrari. What gives?

    The Hyundai wasn't advertised to be as fast as a Ferrari.

    This is not correct. The Bio has nothing to do with the stats. The Bio is a creative introduction, and they're all made to sound interesting. The actual Abilities are what the Champ is capable of, and that's what people need to get to know before deciding to invest in a Champ. It is not false advertising. It was an animated synopsis of where they come from.

    At least we get a response from the wanna be mod.

    False advertising is the use of misleading, false, or unproven information to advertise products to consumers or advertising that does not disclose its source. ... A false advertisement can further be classified as deceptive if the advertiser deliberately misleads the consumer, as opposed to making an honest mistake.

    Any lawyer attempting to make the claim that a comic book character that isn't as powerful in a game as depicted in comic books is false advertising or fraud would probably risk disciplinary action from their state bar for filing frivolous lawsuits.

    Maybe, maybe not. There have been some pretty frivolous lawsuits won.

    Colloquially frivolous perhaps, but not many legally frivolous lawsuits have been won, because the legal definition of a frivolous lawsuit is one that has no legal merit or technical path to pursue to conclusion.

    There are only two possibilities here that are legally reasonable. One: you believe the EULA is legal and binding, and therefore agree to its terms regarding gameplay. This would make any claim of fraud invalid. Two: you believe the EULA is not legal and binding and you don't accept those terms. In that case you would have no legal permission to play the game and you cannot sue for false advertising because you would then have no legal standing, since you personally cannot be defrauded by a game you're playing illegally.

    People talk about suing MMO operators all the time. I've personally read *hundreds* if not *thousands* of internet posts by armchair lawyers claiming they were going to pursue this. I don't tend to read about those cases, almost certainly because they can't find a lawyer willing to take the case. The very few cases that have been pursued all lost usually on the grounds they had no merit to continue.

    Maybe a lawyer taking that case would face frivolous charges, maybe not, but that's what the word "risk" means. Its not a risk a lot of lawyers seem to want to take.

    Just for the record, the federal laws covering false advertising only cover the advertising of products. Sentry is not a product as products are legally defined. Fraud is usually defined by a four part test: misrepresentation a material fact, knowledge that the misrepresentation is false, reasonable reliance on that misrepresentation, material loss or injury directly caused by that misrepresentation.

    In other words, you'd have to show that Kabam lied about Sentry in a material way, that you and other customers reasonably believed that lie was the truth, that you acted based on that lie, and you lost something material because of that lie. And I should point out that if you say in court "Kabam does this all the time" that would undermine a critical element of the crime of fraud: namely that you reasonably believed everything they said.

    The reasonable test is important, because many fraud cases fell apart on that principle. If someone tells you they make the best apple pies in the world and you buy one and it doesn't taste like the best pie in the world, good luck suing. No reasonable person believes that kind of hyperbole, and a claim you did would probably not be considered credible.
  • Jwallace25 wrote: »
    I'm not asking this to be funny. This is a serious question. Do the developers even play the game? I ask because anyone who plays the game would know that Sentry, as he is now, is not a good counter to either Magik, Dormammu, or MODOK. He will be dead long before the features activate.

    The players' collective definition of the word "counter" is extremely hazy, but the developers' definition of the word "counter" seems to be almost meaningless.

    Also, the developers' understanding of game mathematics, as represented by moderator and direct developer posts, is something I would politely call "questionable." For example: "Sentry is all about increasing his Attack through his abilities. Glass Cannon is another way to boost Attack, and with his Signature Ability, he has some defenses to back the damage up." That's mathematically illiterate. This is the mathematically correct version of that statement: "Sentry is all about special attacks with fixed damage bonuses that do not scale with attack bonuses. As Glass Cannon is a way to boost base attack, it is less effective with Sentry than the average champion."

    In other words, if you have one champion whose special 2 does S * attack in damage and another whose special 2 does T * attack + 800, then proportionately speaking glass cannon will help the first one more than the second one. Its not that GC doesn't help: GC helps everyone. But it proportionately helps Sentry less. If you're going to recommend GC for Sentry, you might as well add it to the recommendations for everyone.

    Recoil doesn't seem to be much better to recommend for Sentry.
  • I'm so happy that there are players that think kabam did a great job with sentry. Hope they keep adding more like him for you guys.
  • #buffsentry
  • As I've stated before, if they would test and release champs the way they should be to begin with then they wouldn't have to mame changes to them later.
  • GargaGarga Posts: 8
    9d77rzodzo1y.jpeg

    Just to be clear @Kabam Miike the reality warps are multiplier of HIS ability, so also armor brake, fury, % of chance... or not? because as is written is ambiguous, is like ALL not just few abilities...
This discussion has been closed.