Champion Spotlight - Sentry [Updated: Added 5-Star Stats]

Comments

• LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    Vdh2008 wrote: »
    Mattikus42 wrote: »
    You can’t blame people for being mad when a god like character is represented so poorly. Just underwhelming. Like he has almost no redeeming qualities. I don’t know how they thought people would be ok with this.

We’ve taken their **** time and time again, why wouldn’t they release this garbage?

Do you still see the Carnage spotlight anywhere? Nope. They always let us vent and then we go away quietly. That’s the MO here. As always

Ahem...that’s because the carnage spotlight stopped bumping to page 1 a LONG time ago. There’s a handful of us that still comment in it (bookmarked), but I doubt even Kabam looks at it.
  • Vdh2008 wrote: »
    Mattikus42 wrote: »
    You can’t blame people for being mad when a god like character is represented so poorly. Just underwhelming. Like he has almost no redeeming qualities. I don’t know how they thought people would be ok with this.

We’ve taken their **** time and time again, why wouldn’t they release this garbage?

Do you still see the Carnage spotlight anywhere? Nope. They always let us vent and then we go away quietly. That’s the MO here. As always

Ahem...that’s because the carnage spotlight stopped bumping to page 1 a LONG time ago. There’s a handful of us that still comment in it (bookmarked), but I doubt even Kabam looks at it.

I’m going to keep bumping this

#buffsentry
  • Oat
  • DaMunk wrote: »
    I wonder who the [Removed by moderator] is that keeps flagging everyone critical of Sentry? Go right ahead and flag this while your at it. Sentry sucks.

Probably a mod who is getting tired of people asking to buff sentry

• Neroa65Neroa65 Posts: 302 ★★
    How do these "insanely​ high" prestige come about again? One would think prestige is relative to what the champ is actually capable of.. Oh yeah who am I kidding?? Carnage.. Green Goblin.. Phoenix.. Punisher 2099... And now SENTRY. :/ .. Seriously why? Just why? 4 out of the listed 5 above are can favorites.

Lmao.. What is going on with Science Class anyway?? Aside from Quake and Hulk. The rest are absolute disappointments, to their very core. This class needs a revamp. Look at skill, mutant, mystic and tech. They own the game. Cosmic is manageable. But Science. Absolutely nothing. 0.. and it's getting even worse.
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    Prestige is an arbitrary value assigned to champions to make them more desirable. It’s in no way linked to any stat or ability of the champ.
  • BsnkomBsnkom Posts: 25
    edited January 2018
    I dont understand people!! “Just wait to see how good sentry is” how???someone needs to pull him in order to know how good he is.

Sentry is an icon in the marvel universe. this lame company is doing ruining our game so disappointing.

The response that we get from mediocre people like mike aka lame bot is frustrating. Hes like comcast costumer service. pure ****.

Fix the dam game.

players should keep asking for refunds via droid or apple
  • DaMunk wrote: »
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    DaMunk wrote: »
    Because armor break and fury aren't abilities..lol..I just can't keep my mouth shut.

Of all the issues with Sentry, this is a silly nit pick. Only an unreasonable person would choose to interpret "Reality Warps are used as a multiplier for his abilities" to mean that every single ability would have such a modifier. The character description details what that multiplier means.

Lol.. I knew what they meant. But to play devils advocate it wasn't very clear.
    Btw if it takes kabam 12, or whatever, months of data mining to determine Sentry sucks we are in worse shape than I thought. With all the feed back all it takes is for one of their employees to play the game while relaxing in one of those fancy nap bed at work to figure it out. No doubt lots of work is done looking at spreadsheets but don't make excuses because of lack of data. They all have phones or tablets.

That's not how MMOs work. You might think that it should be easy to just know what has to be done when you play test something, but let's be frank here. You and I probably don't agree what's valuable and what's broken. Nor does anyone else. Pick the person that you agree with the least on the forums and ask yourself if you want him in charge of game balancing.

The funny thing is the most common complaint in all MMOs everywhere is "do the devs even play?" And yet, look at all of the players that actively play this game that have opinions about the game you can't fathom. They could be tomorrow's game developers. Of course the devs play and of course they have opinions. Opinions you might agree with, but also could violently disagree with. Can you even tell when you have an opinion that would put you in the minority? Not with the people on the forums, but with literally all several million people who play the game.

As a developer you have two choices. You can do everything by your own internal compass, no matter what your players think and let the chips fall where they may. In the industry, this is called "having vision" and there's an implied insult in that description. Or you can let your players vote on it, by watching what they do in the game and letting their play tell you what they really want. Most MMO developers - specifically the people who run the joint - choose the latter.

No one wants devs to have to rely on data, we want them to have an opinion of their own. Until its "wrong." Then we wonder why they can't learn from the data.
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,842 ★★★★
    Because armor break and fury aren't abilities..lol..I just can't keep my mouth shut.

Of all the issues with Sentry, this is a silly nit pick. Only an unreasonable person would choose to interpret "Reality Warps are used as a multiplier for his abilities" to mean that every single ability would have such a modifier. The character description details what that multiplier means.

Btw if it takes kabam 12, or whatever, months of data mining to determine Sentry sucks we are in worse shape than I thought. With all the feed back all it takes is for one of their employees to play the game while relaxing in one of those fancy nap bed at work to figure it out. No doubt lots of work is done looking at spreadsheets but don't make excuses because of lack of data. They all have phones or tablets.

That's not how MMOs work. You might think that it should be easy to just know what has to be done when you play test something, but let's be frank here. You and I probably don't agree what's valuable and what's broken. Nor does anyone else. Pick the person that you agree with the least on the forums and ask yourself if you want him in charge of game balancing.

The funny thing is the most common complaint in all MMOs everywhere is "do the devs even play?" And yet, look at all of the players that actively play this game that have opinions about the game you can't fathom. They could be tomorrow's game developers. Of course the devs play and of course they have opinions. Opinions you might agree with, but also could violently disagree with. Can you even tell when you have an opinion that would put you in the minority? Not with the people on the forums, but with literally all several million people who play the game.

As a developer you have two choices. You can do everything by your own internal compass, no matter what your players think and let the chips fall where they may. In the industry, this is called "having vision" and there's an implied insult in that description. Or you can let your players vote on it, by watching what they do in the game and letting their play tell you what they really want. Most MMO developers - specifically the people who run the joint - choose the latter.

No one wants devs to have to rely on data, we want them to have an opinion of their own. Until its "wrong." Then we wonder why they can't learn from the data.

Yeah we are going to disagree here. I get some of your points. Lots of things in the game are subjective and I most definitely don't want some people in the forums making decisions, there's definitely things I shouldn't touch either. We aren't really talking about what color Sentry's cape should be though.
    Saying we need data to determine if a champ is good raises the question how in the world is one ever developed then? A person(s) spends lots of time making and testing it. Then use experience and other information to determine it's quality. This isn't rocket science we are talking about. No I'm not a computer guru or expert in games but most things in life transfer to other aspects. To top it all off if 99% of the people tell me I'm wrong maybe it's time to reevaluate my truth. I'm sure many of the developers play, they just need to ask themselves where would this guy excel and be useful...nowhere.
    With respect
  • #buffsentry
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 20,431 ★★★★★
    i just think its funny that there was a Delay to the sentry quest/ 5* feature champion crystal... and when he is released, is sucks.... like they knew something was wrong with him and tried to fix him but couldn’t so they released him anyway with the issue’s

No. There was a delay because the information displayed in the Quest was not correct. It's been commented on.
  • #cantstopwontstop #buffsentry
  • RomarioRomario Posts: 5
    #buffsentry
  • DrOctavius2_2DrOctavius2_2 Posts: 416 ★★
    I’ve come to realize the hard reality that Kabam knows that Sentry sucks but they don’t care so nothing about him will change

Kabam doesn't know that. Kabam looks like most MMO companies I've seen: their definition of performance is strictly datamining-based. Sentry will be considered underpowered or underperforming if they see underperformance in their overall game datamining. Sentry hasn't existed long enough for that data to exist.

This is problematic for a lot of reasons, but it is also extremely commonplace.

Let’s add another 10 pages of negative feedback, maybe they’ll get the hint.
    Come on Kabam. I don't think you need anymore tests or data to get that at this point, Sentry is below expectation.. Way below expectation. I don't think Carnage got this many people speaking out in frustration, just to point out the clear difference between those two in just the way people view them. Please increase the % chance of his states changing.. Honestly that is all he needs imo.. I believe the best champion to compare him to would be Ghostrider and his judgements. Their gameplay and depend on these modes/judgment (for GR) but look at GR. None of his judgments are below 60% chance to proc.. Against villains​, it goes up even more. Add blade, everything activates like a boss.. Increase Sentry's.. Simple as that.
  • #buffsentry
  • BsnkomBsnkom Posts: 25

Come on Kabam.. It's not even more like Buff Sentry. It's more like make him worth the extra 5K shards we spent on him. More like Fix Sentry.

#FixSentry
  • Ace_03Ace_03 Posts: 812 ★★★★
    #buffsentry
  • ApacheApache Posts: 558
    you just have to use sentry #veryeffectively
    #buffsentry

I take it you went for him before looking into what he actually did mate? They have already said they wont be changing him anytime soon, so pointless bumping really? Carnage would be first anyway (if at all) and he has been a few months already waiting

Have a little faith my man. Carnage didn't get this much noise just so you know.
  • #buffsentry

I take it you went for him before looking into what he actually did mate? They have already said they wont be changing him anytime soon, so pointless bumping really? Carnage would be first anyway (if at all) and he has been a few months already waiting
    Pointless yes, but also as pointless to try to convince me to stop. And it’s not just about buffing sentry, it’s the fact Kabam mike just says we are not using him effectively which is just insulting,since he is actually trash
This discussion has been closed.