Champion Spotlight - Sentry [Updated: Added 5-Star Stats]

1356740

Comments

  • Mana_Pot wrote: »
    Is his indestructible supposed to work something like ice armor? If I've got a combo and I take an L3, does that L3 do nothing to me?

    No, he cannot eat an Sp3. His indestructible helps him regain his Combo meter after taking a shot and having to start at 0 again.

    So the "indestructible" really only allows him to not take any FURTHER damage in the 0.3 seconds that occur AFTER he is hit, correct? Meaning he takes the damage from the hit that broke his combo, then goes indestructible so if you are button mashing you can start hitting again?

    Also, the part where it says "When Health is below 50%, Sentry consumes one Reality Warp to Heal 1566 over 3 seconds" is listed after the SP3 description, and not under passive abilities. A few questions regarding this:
    • Does this healing only occur at the conclusion of an SP3?
    • Does this healing occur the number of times (or the total amount) of Reality Warps that are in possession similar to Mephisto's healing?
    • If it acts like Mephisto's, does the healing stop once you are above 50% and you maintain the rest of the Reality Warps?
    • If you start a fight below 50% and maintained your Reality Warps from a previous fight, does healing start immediately?

    This spotlight needs more clarity.
  • sfu_koraxsfu_korax Posts: 236
    Does he seem like maybe an updated version of luke cage or something like that to any of you guys??? Just able to gain indestructible many times and maybe better damage??? Would it kill you to make it able for him to stack his furies??? Why is hyperion able to do that then? I love this game but it has messed some things up. Blade is more powerful than hulk, black bolt and sentry. Yeah ok sure kabam, whateeeeever you say...
  • Mana_PotMana_Pot Posts: 235 ★★
    edited January 2018
    Seems like Kabam just really HATES the science class. Sentry is the one specific champ I've wanted to see since I started playing a year ago. I really hope he's better than he looks. I also think it's silly that his indestructibility won't defend him from the attack that invokes it. I don't think it would even last long enough to defend a 5 hit combo, would it?
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    Can't make a good offensive science champ. Loose too much money.
  • TKalTKal Posts: 534 ★★
    Reality Warps are used as a multiplier for his abilities.



    How does this work ? Multiplier by how much and for which abilities ?
  • AcanthusAcanthus Posts: 447 ★★★
    Does he lose reality warps after losing combo?
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 1,704 ★★★
    @Kabam Miike can you please confirm

    So he has a 30% chance to enter the overpowering light mode. Once in that mode all sp1 fired will be unblockable not a chance of unblockable....

    He also has a 30% chance of entering absolute strength which would give him a guarunteed unblockable sp2....

    So a 60% chamce that he ends up being in one of these states.
    Meaning that there is a 60% chance that one of his specials are unblockable.

    The chance only applies to chosing which starenhe gets correct?
    Once in a state buffs a guaranteed????

    I understand he can only be in one state at a time but...
    There are 2 states that give an unblockable special each with a 30% chance of happening.

    Meaning 60% chance he is in a state which has an unblockable attack....
  • ArgygufdetlopArgygufdetlop Posts: 57
    Question that should be easy to answer: it says he gains reality warp at start of fight. If he is awakened, reality warp goes with him from fight to fight.

    Say he is awakened and he enters fight 1, plays perfect, and kills enemy after 30 hits, so he doesn’t get another warp. He just has the 1. Then say he starts fight 2. He has the 1 warp from fight one, so if that carries with him, as I read it, he starts fight 2 with his original warp from fight 1, plus the one he gets at the start of every fight, so he starts with 2 warps. Correct?
  • Mana_PotMana_Pot Posts: 235 ★★
    edited January 2018
    Acanthus wrote: »
    Does he lose reality warps after losing combo?

    The way I'm interpreting it is that he will not lose existing reality warps when losing his combo, but if you were at a 39 hit combo and you lost it before hitting 40, you'd have to do another 40 hits to get another warp.
  • Question that should be easy to answer: it says he gains reality warp at start of fight. If he is awakened, reality warp goes with him from fight to fight.

    Say he is awakened and he enters fight 1, plays perfect, and kills enemy after 30 hits, so he doesn’t get another warp. He just has the 1. Then say he starts fight 2. He has the 1 warp from fight one, so if that carries with him, as I read it, he starts fight 2 with his original warp from fight 1, plus the one he gets at the start of every fight, so he starts with 2 warps. Correct?

    Seems correct.. similar happens to morningstar with the mephisto synergy..
  • Scarn3Scarn3 Posts: 3
    Maat1985 wrote: »
    @Kabam Miike can you please confirm

    So he has a 30% chance to enter the overpowering light mode. Once in that mode all sp1 fired will be unblockable not a chance of unblockable....

    He also has a 30% chance of entering absolute strength which would give him a guarunteed unblockable sp2....

    So a 60% chamce that he ends up being in one of these states.
    Meaning that there is a 60% chance that one of his specials are unblockable.

    The chance only applies to chosing which starenhe gets correct?
    Once in a state buffs a guaranteed????

    I understand he can only be in one state at a time but...
    There are 2 states that give an unblockable special each with a 30% chance of happening.

    Meaning 60% chance he is in a state which has an unblockable attack....

    I read it as he progresses to the next state every 10 hits on the combo meter (guaranteed). Once in that state IF you use the corresponding attack (for example sp1 in overpowering light) he has a 30% chance that it will be unblockable and have bonus damage.

    So most of the damage will be done in steadfast approach. Parry (zero damage taken) and heavy. Repeat until state changes.
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 1,704 ★★★
    edited January 2018
    Scarn3 wrote: »
    Maat1985 wrote: »
    @Kabam Miike can you please confirm

    So he has a 30% chance to enter the overpowering light mode. Once in that mode all sp1 fired will be unblockable not a chance of unblockable....

    He also has a 30% chance of entering absolute strength which would give him a guarunteed unblockable sp2....

    So a 60% chamce that he ends up being in one of these states.
    Meaning that there is a 60% chance that one of his specials are unblockable.

    The chance only applies to chosing which starenhe gets correct?
    Once in a state buffs a guaranteed????

    I understand he can only be in one state at a time but...
    There are 2 states that give an unblockable special each with a 30% chance of happening.

    Meaning 60% chance he is in a state which has an unblockable attack....

    I read it as he progresses to the next state every 10 hits on the combo meter (guaranteed). Once in that state IF you use the corresponding attack (for example sp1 in overpowering light) he has a 30% chance that it will be unblockable and have bonus damage.

    So most of the damage will be done in steadfast approach. Parry (zero damage taken) and heavy. Repeat until state changes.

    Certain it is every 10hits he changes states
    30% chance of which one it is
    Once in a particular state the buffs always apply

    @Kabam Miike please conform ASAP

    30% chance overpowering light
    30% chance absolute strength
    = 60% chance that it is either one of those.
    Meaning 60% chance that one of his attacks will be unbloclable....
  • Mana_PotMana_Pot Posts: 235 ★★
    Scarn3 wrote: »

    I read it as he progresses to the next state every 10 hits on the combo meter (guaranteed). Once in that state IF you use the corresponding attack (for example sp1 in overpowering light) he has a 30% chance that it will be unblockable and have bonus damage.

    So most of the damage will be done in steadfast approach. Parry (zero damage taken) and heavy. Repeat until state changes.

    I've been taking it as a 30% chance of activating for the duration of the state rather than per corresponding attack. I wonder how many hits will be in his heavy?
  • Uriya07Uriya07 Posts: 12
    More meh science..
  • NightCrackerNightCracker Posts: 156
    I am very curious as to how he will work with his state changes. The wording seems to be interpreted differently among some but this is what I took from reading through the spotlight.

    ::Start of fight::
    Gains 1 reality warp and is in Unyielding Fortitude state.

    After 10 hits, has a 30% chance to enter Overpowering Light state. If successful gain increase damage and unblockable on sp1. If not, stays in Unyielding Fortitude state until 10 more hits occur to try and switch states again.

    That loop continues in succession from Overpowering Light -> Steadfast Approach -> Absolute Strength each with a 30% chance to go to the next state.

    After 10 hits in Absolute Strength he would revert back to Unyielding Fortitude since it has a 100% chance to enter this state.

    The part about Reality Warps used a multiplier only pertains to the increase in attack damage for sp1, sp2 and heavy in each state, not to his regen or chance to change states. Honestly, that text is pointless to have in description since it is reiterated in each states text.

    Can any of this be confirmed @Kabam Miike
  • ChitlinsChitlins Posts: 152 ★★
    I am very curious as to how he will work with his state changes. The wording seems to be interpreted differently among some but this is what I took from reading through the spotlight.

    ::Start of fight::
    Gains 1 reality warp and is in Unyielding Fortitude state.

    After 10 hits, has a 30% chance to enter Overpowering Light state. If successful gain increase damage and unblockable on sp1. If not, stays in Unyielding Fortitude state until 10 more hits occur to try and switch states again.

    That loop continues in succession from Overpowering Light -> Steadfast Approach -> Absolute Strength each with a 30% chance to go to the next state.

    After 10 hits in Absolute Strength he would revert back to Unyielding Fortitude since it has a 100% chance to enter this state.

    The part about Reality Warps used a multiplier only pertains to the increase in attack damage for sp1, sp2 and heavy in each state, not to his regen or chance to change states. Honestly, that text is pointless to have in description since it is reiterated in each states text.

    Can any of this be confirmed @Kabam Miike

    I think after the 10 hit combo he changes states but it's only a 30% chance that he will get the additional benefit from the state change.
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 1,704 ★★★
    Mana_Pot wrote: »
    Scarn3 wrote: »

    I read it as he progresses to the next state every 10 hits on the combo meter (guaranteed). Once in that state IF you use the corresponding attack (for example sp1 in overpowering light) he has a 30% chance that it will be unblockable and have bonus damage.

    So most of the damage will be done in steadfast approach. Parry (zero damage taken) and heavy. Repeat until state changes.

    I've been taking it as a 30% chance of activating for the duration of the state rather than per corresponding attack. I wonder how many hits will be in his heavy?

    So far peeps have taken it in 3 different ways....
    It has to be 30% chance to enter the state and then buffs always activate while in that state. Otherwise itnwould have to read “ 30% chamce of entering state, once in that there is a 30% chance of abilities”

    But seeing as though the 30% only directly refers to the chance of enterimg the state then the buffs must always happen.
    Also there is nothing hat suggest the states are linear or progressive or in antwaynconnectected to anything other than a 30% chamce to procure. Meaning at the end of 10hits he has a 30% chamce to enter state 1 a 30% chamce to enter state 2 and a 30% chamce to enter state 3 meaning there is a 90% chance he go into one of them and will get somekind of buff and a 10% chamce he reverts back to unyielding fortitude
  • Scarn3Scarn3 Posts: 3
    I am very curious as to how he will work with his state changes. The wording seems to be interpreted differently among some but this is what I took from reading through the spotlight.

    ::Start of fight::
    Gains 1 reality warp and is in Unyielding Fortitude state.

    After 10 hits, has a 30% chance to enter Overpowering Light state. If successful gain increase damage and unblockable on sp1. If not, stays in Unyielding Fortitude state until 10 more hits occur to try and switch states again.

    That loop continues in succession from Overpowering Light -> Steadfast Approach -> Absolute Strength each with a 30% chance to go to the next state.

    After 10 hits in Absolute Strength he would revert back to Unyielding Fortitude since it has a 100% chance to enter this state.

    The part about Reality Warps used a multiplier only pertains to the increase in attack damage for sp1, sp2 and heavy in each state, not to his regen or chance to change states. Honestly, that text is pointless to have in description since it is reiterated in each states text.

    Can any of this be confirmed @Kabam Miike

    The key I think is the phrase near the beginning of the description:
    Sentry starts the fight in Unyielding Fortitude and changes to the next State for every 10 Hits in a Combo

    So he will change state every 10 hits. And the word "next" implies a progression. The description is definitely not worded clearly, though.

    If it was only a possibility of changing states every 10 hits he would be even more meh than he already appears.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 13,153 Guardian
    I am very curious as to how he will work with his state changes. The wording seems to be interpreted differently among some but this is what I took from reading through the spotlight.

    ::Start of fight::
    Gains 1 reality warp and is in Unyielding Fortitude state.

    After 10 hits, has a 30% chance to enter Overpowering Light state. If successful gain increase damage and unblockable on sp1. If not, stays in Unyielding Fortitude state until 10 more hits occur to try and switch states again.

    That loop continues in succession from Overpowering Light -> Steadfast Approach -> Absolute Strength each with a 30% chance to go to the next state.

    After 10 hits in Absolute Strength he would revert back to Unyielding Fortitude since it has a 100% chance to enter this state.

    The part about Reality Warps used a multiplier only pertains to the increase in attack damage for sp1, sp2 and heavy in each state, not to his regen or chance to change states. Honestly, that text is pointless to have in description since it is reiterated in each states text.

    Can any of this be confirmed @Kabam Miike

    That's not how I believe Sentry works. I believe state changes happen every ten hits, and it is the special state abilities that have a chance to trigger. Meaning: you start in UF, and after ten hits you are definitely in OL state. You have a 30% chance when you enter OL to get the unblockable SP1. You have a 70% chance of having nothing in particular happen, but you are still in OL state. Ten hits later you are definitely entering SA state and have a 30% chance of getting buffed heavies and perfect block. 70% chance nothing happens, but you are still in the SA state.

    Every ten hits you change state. When you change state you have a chance to get some benefit, but you are in that state regardless.
  • ArgygufdetlopArgygufdetlop Posts: 57
    It is clear to me that he definitely changes states every 10hits, and UPON ENTERING A STATE, he has 30% chance to gain a buff that affects all sp1 / heavy / sp2 attacks (as applicable) while in that state. Otherwise he gets nothing (except 100% perfect block in state 3).

    You guys reading it any other way are overthinking this.
  • NightCrackerNightCracker Posts: 156
    Scarn3 wrote: »

    The key I think is the phrase near the beginning of the description:
    Sentry starts the fight in Unyielding Fortitude and changes to the next State for every 10 Hits in a Combo

    So he will change state every 10 hits. And the word "next" implies a progression. The description is definitely not worded clearly, though.

    If it was only a possibility of changing states every 10 hits he would be even more meh than he already appears.

    After reading it for the umpteenth time thinking about it working this way, it makes more sense that you are correct. Thanks.
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 1,704 ★★★
    Will change, to next, 30% chance to enter,
    All kinda contradict each other....
    Will chamge means will be different from how he is....
    To next logically inplies 1,2,3,4... (however may not)
    30% chance means he may not go to this state...

    All kinda contradict each other....
    10 hit combo (random state entered)
    10 hit combo (state reverted, new random state entered)
    While in a state he always has the associated buffs
  • Batty_NumppoBatty_Numppo Posts: 266 ★★
    To get an idea of how often Sentry gains his state’s ability, think of how often you parry CB and he shrugs it off. It’s just BARELY more often than that.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 13,153 Guardian
    Maat1985 wrote: »
    Scarn3 wrote: »
    Maat1985 wrote: »
    @Kabam Miike can you please confirm

    So he has a 30% chance to enter the overpowering light mode. Once in that mode all sp1 fired will be unblockable not a chance of unblockable....

    He also has a 30% chance of entering absolute strength which would give him a guarunteed unblockable sp2....

    So a 60% chamce that he ends up being in one of these states.
    Meaning that there is a 60% chance that one of his specials are unblockable.

    The chance only applies to chosing which starenhe gets correct?
    Once in a state buffs a guaranteed????

    I understand he can only be in one state at a time but...
    There are 2 states that give an unblockable special each with a 30% chance of happening.

    Meaning 60% chance he is in a state which has an unblockable attack....

    I read it as he progresses to the next state every 10 hits on the combo meter (guaranteed). Once in that state IF you use the corresponding attack (for example sp1 in overpowering light) he has a 30% chance that it will be unblockable and have bonus damage.

    So most of the damage will be done in steadfast approach. Parry (zero damage taken) and heavy. Repeat until state changes.

    Certain it is every 10hits he changes states
    30% chance of which one it is
    Once in a particular state the buffs always apply

    @Kabam Miike please conform ASAP

    30% chance overpowering light
    30% chance absolute strength
    = 60% chance that it is either one of those.
    Meaning 60% chance that one of his attacks will be unbloclable....

    That's not how probability works, although I think you basically understand what is happening correctly. Assuming you maintain combo, you will be cycling through all four states. On each loop through you have a 30% independent chance of getting unblockable SP1, buffed heavy, and unblockable SP2. That doesn't mean there's a 60% chance to get one of those, because you could get both. You have a 21% chance to get unblockable SP1 but NOT unblockable SP2. You have a 21% chance to get unblockable SP2 but NOT unblockable SP1. You have a 9% chance to get unblockable SP1 AND unblockable SP2 as you enter those states. And you have a 49% chance to get neither unblockable SP1 or unblockable SP2.

    And when I say you can get both, that's one followed by the other. The effects stop when you change state, so you cannot have more than one effect active at the same time. When you change state from Overpowering Light to Steadfast Approach you lose unblockable SP1, even if you don't get the buffed heavy. You just have no special effect at that time.
  • ArgygufdetlopArgygufdetlop Posts: 57
    edited January 2018
    Ten hits later you are definitely entering SA state and have a 30% chance of getting buffed heavies and perfect block. 70% chance nothing happens, but you are still in the SA state.

    I read it as saying you have 30% for the heavy damage increase, but “additionally” you get 100% perfect block every time. If, as you read it, there is only a 30% chance to get 100% perfect block, that is much worse.

    I read it as, “you made it this far, here is a little something to make it easier to get to 4th state, where you can play cautiously with 100% perfect block”

    Mike, can we get clarification if the 30% applies to getting perfect block in steadfast state?

  • FrnkieloFrnkielo Posts: 215
    Kabam mike please explain the reality warp special damage increase..does that literally mean an additional 850 damage per reality warp so at 5 warps it’s around 5000 additional damage or is that number magnify the damage output itself
  • GangsterSauceGangsterSauce Posts: 63
    Saiyan wrote: »
    I suppose I CAN see why it's only a 30% chance for each state. I think Kabam wants Sentry to be a long fight master. Lets say you're fighting ROL WS and you finish that fight with all 5 stacks of all his reality warp states. I imagine the next fight with CM would be so damn fast due to him being at "max power" (and if he's awakened for it to carry over).

    But at the same time, 30% chance Kabam? Well idk, we'll have to wait and see. This community really gets riled up at times before things are out not knowing the full context so Sentry may be god tier at "max power" idk.

    Another thing, it's possible that his passive 40 hit reality warp added extra chance for his state of minds to proc (You know, cuz it's what it basically says) so it's possible with say 3 reality warps the chance to proc his States are now at 60% chance and say at 5 Warps it's now at 80% chance so at about a 200-300 hit combo, you'll be gaining those warps like nothing meaning they REALLY want him to be a SL type character (which I'm fine with)

    The key to Sentry is "Momentum". He is great in longer fights, and with his Signature ability, he is great at longer quests. The thing to imagine when you're going through these cycles is that you're in a roulette with only 4 options, and each time you go through that cycle, you have a chance of one of those options being super charged. It may only be 30% chance per cycle, but that 30% can mean a world of difference!

    He can burst out a ton of damage, and then be knocked out of a combo, take no damage, and then regain that ability in another 10 hit combo. That's not something to overlook, especially in the Science Class, where there really aren't many Champions capable of doing something like this.

    If you want us to have longer fights take out the 3 minute timers? Wtf lol. I want champs i can use in AQ/AW. Not champs for the occasional story / once a month event quests that I can use carnage or even luke cage for.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 13,153 Guardian
    Scarn3 wrote: »
    If it was only a possibility of changing states every 10 hits he would be even more meh than he already appears.

    Actually, that would make him more powerful, not less. That's because his special buffed attacks persist until he changes state. If he only had a chance to change state but got the buffs all the time instead of the other way around, consider what would happen after he entered Overpowering Light. He would have unblockable SP1. He would continue to have unblockable SP1 until he entered Steadfast. If he only had a 30% chance to enter Steadfast he could have unblockable SP1 (with the higher attack) for a very long time. And when he finally did enter Steadfast, he would have buffed heavies for a very long time until he was kicked into the next state.

    Or to put it another way, in his actual incarnation he only has a 30% chance at any particular time to have a buffed attack. If the chance was to change state instead of triggering ability, he would, once he entered OL, have a buffed attack almost all the time.
This discussion has been closed.