Champion Spotlight - Sentry [Updated: Added 5-Star Stats]

13436383940

Comments

  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,848 ★★★★
    edited January 2018
    They read these posts..mods are almost always around. I'm not sure why there hasn't been any responses except the one on the other thread. Guessing they just want us to go away. Great business model.
  • Neroa65Neroa65 Posts: 302 ★★
    I'm more amazed at the fact that this post is still active. Isn't shutting down posts they don't like their usual MO?
    I'd like to be optimistic and assume, maybe hope that since this thread is still active, that we still have hope.
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    They don’t close spotlights, they just clean them up.
  • I'm surprised to see this thread still active. I have this thread bookmarked I just like to comeback every now and then to see all the comments. Is it safe to say Sentry is going down in the big books as the new Kamala Khan.
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,848 ★★★★
    He's worse than KK. I thought they learned their lesson with Carnage, evidently not.
  • JAQRIPPJAQRIPP Posts: 84
    Just duped my 5* sentry. I wonder if he’ll be twice as bad? Haha. I also pulled a 5* Jane. Awesome day for the underdogs. Keep me in your thoughts. Lol.
  • 35six735six7 Posts: 31
    edited January 2018
    The way they try to make Carnage back to an average champion is to make another weaker champion. I guess they will introduce another champion weaker than Sentry later on so that you will feel better.
  • Neroa65Neroa65 Posts: 302 ★★
    ESF wrote: »
    Hey, folks. Been following this thread for a long time now, first reading and now testing the character (I was too busy to grind for him in the original arenas, so I had to snag him in crystals), then reading more and testing the character.

    I think the reason this thread has continued isn't just frustration about what Sentry is -- I think every player who has him acknowledges that the character is weaker than any of us thought he would be, duped or unduped.

    I think what frustrates me most is that the character is unnecessarily complicated when really, players only want a couple of things out of these releases -- and it seems like sometimes, Kabam just misses the mark completely.

    But what players want -- and where Sentry misses, IMO -- are characters that don't have to be elite, game-changing characters who solo Boss Rushes or endgame content.

    But they have to do something well enough, based on what we "see in the comics," that if they are a stronger character in the comics, we would get a mechanic or two that allows for that to translate on some level.

    With Sentry, I think what people expected, at a minimum, was a character who scaled, at a minimum, into the class of maybe an awakened, Level 50 Captain Marvel. Where that character's attack at full, stored power, is about plus-530 over base attack.

    All the other mechanics with Sentry are interesting -- no one minds those, I don't think, with RNG elements based on the 10-hit state changes -- though everyone would like to see those 30 percent benchmarks moved to about 50-60 percent. But I don't think people mind the concept of the state changes themselves, or the concept of the Reality Warps working and stacking as they do. People would be fine with this character, I think, fine with the state changes not proccing consistently, if there was still a mechanism where Sentry's attack scaled up consistently.

    Not an OP scaling, either -- I don't think, from reading the thread, that anyone is up in arms because the character isn't another...I don't know, Medusa or Spark. Yeah, in a perfect world, a Science character would hit as hard as those two, and people truly wanted/expected that level of performance from Sentry.

    But even with that not happening, I think people would be fine with the RNG elements of the character if they just added some scalability to the attack.

    If Kabam just went back in and made it so Sentry hits as hard as even an awakened Captain Marvel consistently -- with people having to rank him up and put in signature stones, just like Captain Marvel, to increase the attack -- I honestly think people would be fine with the character.

    There will always be people who want more, who want every character to hit like Medusa.

    But I honestly think people would be fine with investing resources into a character who performs at the level of a duped Captain Marvel at a high signature level. That level of performance...I don't think that's too much to ask by the community, and I think that's why people are so frustrated.

    It's not that the character doesn't hit as hard as Star-Lord or Spark. It's that Sentry just doesn't hit nearly hard enough, and no one can understand why even a minimum level of "scalable damage" was just not possible for the character, given its performance.

    This guy says it all. We've got no problem with the mechanics. Just give him something.

    I personally think he'll be great should his percentages improve. The stance changing and all that. 30% - 60%.. If his abilities tie into reality warps, that'll be good too.

    Just give him something please.
  • Neroa65Neroa65 Posts: 302 ★★
    edited January 2018
    JAQRIPP wrote: »
    Just duped my 5* sentry. I wonder if he’ll be twice as bad? Haha. I also pulled a 5* Jane. Awesome day for the underdogs. Keep me in your thoughts. Lol.

    He gets indestructible and the carry over gameplay style (persistent charges). But he needs to be at 99 or 200 for his sig ability to be at it's absolute best.. It scales up really slowly.. Not just that, if you run suicides.. His sig ability becomes useless. It won't work anymore.. This is the first character that loses out substantially because of a mastery.

    You'd think masteries are meant to add to what you've got but I guess that isn't the case.

    That aside, Sentry is bugged. I have fired SP2 without procing absolute strength. Especially on Mystic champs. It's unblockable. The second hit where he slams into them. He just plows through their blocks.
    I've seen it happen to Dormammu, Ghostrider and The Hood.
  • ESFESF Posts: 1,352 ★★★★
    By the way, just my suggestions to help this character (while maintaining the spirit of his original release as much as possible):

    1. Reduce State Change hit count from 10 to 7, with Reality Warps then earned every 28 hits instead of 40: This would help the players cycle through unsuccessful procs quicker, with the offset that successful procs end quicker. Therefore, the meta of the character isn't tilted too much toward the procs always being "on," you will gain a few more over time, but you won't keep them as long.

    2. Increase 30 percent chance of successful procs to 50 percent: Then, at least it's a true RNG coin-flip. Right now, there's a 70 percent chance nothing will happen, and mathematically speaking, it's far more likely. It's simply brutal cycling through the states, maintaining the combo, and nothing happens.

    3. Increase Sentry's Power Gain by a flat 17.5 percent rate when awakened: This helps the character get to his Specials slightly faster so the Fury, Armor Break and Regeneration can have a chance to proc more consistently -- the 70 percent rate is fine for L1 and L2, and it would be totally fine to reduce the length of the Fury and Armor Break to 15 seconds as an offset.

    4. Give 70 percent chance to shrug off all debuffs when crossing power thresholds: This would allow the character to "feel more powerful" when something like Poison or Bleed or Weakness is shrugged off AFTER he has been impacted for a bit of time. He will still bleed and be poisoned, etc., but has a chance to remove the effects.

    5. Increase his Critical Rating and Base Armor: Again, these are things that allow the character to "feel more powerful" while not breaking the meta of the game or character. Perhaps 22 percent Critical Rating and 12 percent Base Armor. Nothing crazy, just a bit more.

    6. Give 50 percent chance to proc 2.3 seconds of Physical Resistance and Energy Resistance at each power threshold: Again: Players just want to see this character "feel tough." In a longer fight, players would truly notice the effects of this and enjoy it.

    Really, that's all I had -- I don't think the character is broken irretrievably. It just needs a little more speed and opportunity for things to proc, while a little more "built-in toughness" so the character can feel a little more durable/invulnerable.

    Man. If only a developer or @Kabam Miike or someone just read this and sees that we just want to help the character be cool to play, not make it OP
  • ImranAzharImranAzhar Posts: 34
    Get over it guys. I also have Sentry. Kabam is not going to make him better. He is trash and there is nothing you guys can do to make it better. The reason why the don't the youtubers get access to him earlier under the content creation program is because kabam knew the champion is useless. Otherwise they would have them access to him similar like void and let them review it.
  • JAQRIPPJAQRIPP Posts: 84
    Gotta like the fact that @Kabam Miike is ignoring this thread. Won’t even respond to say one thing

    44.9k views 1.1k comments seems pretty hard to ignore. Hopefully it is not being ignored @Kabam Miike #buffsentry please and thank you.
  • ThalionThalion Posts: 65
    ImranAzhar wrote: »
    Get over it guys. I also have Sentry. Kabam is not going to make him better. He is trash and there is nothing you guys can do to make it better. The reason why the don't the youtubers get access to him earlier under the content creation program is because kabam knew the champion is useless. Otherwise they would have them access to him similar like void and let them review it.

    maybe next year, or in 2020 :disappointed:
  • DrOctavius2_2DrOctavius2_2 Posts: 430 ★★
    Thalion wrote: »
    ImranAzhar wrote: »
    Get over it guys. I also have Sentry. Kabam is not going to make him better. He is trash and there is nothing you guys can do to make it better. The reason why the don't the youtubers get access to him earlier under the content creation program is because kabam knew the champion is useless. Otherwise they would have them access to him similar like void and let them review it.

    maybe next year, or in 2020 :disappointed:


    We should at least bug the **** out of them in hopes that they do something for Sentry, worth a shot
  • Ace_03Ace_03 Posts: 947 ★★★★
    edited January 2018
    I disagree with the % chance and the combo meter gimmick.

    Make him like Doctor Strange, each state triggers periodically through the fight and you get the added bonuses. The combo would work towards the Reality Warps and progressively increase the power of each state.

    If you are struck you lose all of the Reality Warps and the bonuses, however for each Reality Warp you have obtained his signature ability will trigger.

    Molecular reformation: For each Reality Warp Sentry has triggered, if he would be KO'd he will regenerate 20% of his health back and become indestructible. However this only works if he is not under a detrimental effect and his regeneration and indestructible can be nullified.
  • ESF wrote: »
    Hey, folks. Been following this thread for a long time now, first reading and now testing the character (I was too busy to grind for him in the original arenas, so I had to snag him in crystals), then reading more and testing the character.

    I think the reason this thread has continued isn't just frustration about what Sentry is -- I think every player who has him acknowledges that the character is weaker than any of us thought he would be, duped or unduped.

    I think what frustrates me most is that the character is unnecessarily complicated when really, players only want a couple of things out of these releases -- and it seems like sometimes, Kabam just misses the mark completely.

    But what players want -- and where Sentry misses, IMO -- are characters that don't have to be elite, game-changing characters who solo Boss Rushes or endgame content.

    But they have to do something well enough, based on what we "see in the comics," that if they are a stronger character in the comics, we would get a mechanic or two that allows for that to translate on some level.

    With Sentry, I think what people expected, at a minimum, was a character who scaled, at a minimum, into the class of maybe an awakened, Level 50 Captain Marvel. Where that character's attack at full, stored power, is about plus-530 over base attack.

    All the other mechanics with Sentry are interesting -- no one minds those, I don't think, with RNG elements based on the 10-hit state changes -- though everyone would like to see those 30 percent benchmarks moved to about 50-60 percent. But I don't think people mind the concept of the state changes themselves, or the concept of the Reality Warps working and stacking as they do. People would be fine with this character, I think, fine with the state changes not proccing consistently, if there was still a mechanism where Sentry's attack scaled up consistently.

    Not an OP scaling, either -- I don't think, from reading the thread, that anyone is up in arms because the character isn't another...I don't know, Medusa or Spark. Yeah, in a perfect world, a Science character would hit as hard as those two, and people truly wanted/expected that level of performance from Sentry.

    But even with that not happening, I think people would be fine with the RNG elements of the character if they just added some scalability to the attack.

    If Kabam just went back in and made it so Sentry hits as hard as even an awakened Captain Marvel consistently -- with people having to rank him up and put in signature stones, just like Captain Marvel, to increase the attack -- I honestly think people would be fine with the character.

    There will always be people who want more, who want every character to hit like Medusa.

    But I honestly think people would be fine with investing resources into a character who performs at the level of a duped Captain Marvel at a high signature level. That level of performance...I don't think that's too much to ask by the community, and I think that's why people are so frustrated.

    It's not that the character doesn't hit as hard as Star-Lord or Spark. It's that Sentry just doesn't hit nearly hard enough, and no one can understand why even a minimum level of "scalable damage" was just not possible for the character, given its performance.

    #buffsentry
  • Let’s keep it going. At least till they make a public statement one way or another.
  • Really sad to see Sentry so so underwhelming. 550 hit fight on WS.... In this day and age in the contest Kabam should be embarrassed to realease such a dud. Over 1000 comments and still the dev’s can’t make the call the fix him? Don’t make us wait over a year and do the red hulk / Luke Cage beta fix that nobody cares about because they already gave up on him. I invested in your crystals and he is worse then the worst. This type of hero releases have forced me to stop spending.
  • Neroa65Neroa65 Posts: 302 ★★
    Ace_03 wrote: »
    I disagree with the % chance and the combo meter gimmick.

    Make him like Doctor Strange, each state triggers periodically through the fight and you get the added bonuses. The combo would work towards the Reality Warps and progressively increase the power of each state.

    If you are struck you lose all of the Reality Warps and the bonuses, however for each Reality Warp you have obtained his signature ability will trigger.

    Molecular reformation: For each Reality Warp Sentry has triggered, if he would be KO'd he will regenerate 20% of his health back and become indestructible. However this only works if he is not under a detrimental effect and his regeneration and indestructible can be nullified.

    #BuffSentry
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 11,254 Guardian
    Ace_03 wrote: »
    I disagree with the % chance and the combo meter gimmick.

    Make him like Doctor Strange, each state triggers periodically through the fight and you get the added bonuses. The combo would work towards the Reality Warps and progressively increase the power of each state.

    If you are struck you lose all of the Reality Warps and the bonuses, however for each Reality Warp you have obtained his signature ability will trigger.

    Molecular reformation: For each Reality Warp Sentry has triggered, if he would be KO'd he will regenerate 20% of his health back and become indestructible. However this only works if he is not under a detrimental effect and his regeneration and indestructible can be nullified.

    As a rule, it is extremely rare for the devs to completely change a champion. They are far more likely to alter the numbers of the champion first rather than introduce completely new abilities and mechanics.
  • ApacheApache Posts: 557 ★★
    JAQRIPP wrote: »
    Gotta like the fact that @Kabam Miike is ignoring this thread. Won’t even respond to say one thing

    44.9k views 1.1k comments seems pretty hard to ignore. Hopefully it is not being ignored @Kabam Miike #buffsentry please and thank you.

    It's not being ignored, but there is nothing to add here. We've already said that we've taken your feedback to the team, and it will be up to them what they will do with that information. We will not post again until we have something to add, or there is a question that hasn't come up before that requires our attention.

    Where on their to do list is this ranked?
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 11,254 Guardian
    Apache wrote: »
    JAQRIPP wrote: »
    Gotta like the fact that @Kabam Miike is ignoring this thread. Won’t even respond to say one thing

    44.9k views 1.1k comments seems pretty hard to ignore. Hopefully it is not being ignored @Kabam Miike #buffsentry please and thank you.

    It's not being ignored, but there is nothing to add here. We've already said that we've taken your feedback to the team, and it will be up to them what they will do with that information. We will not post again until we have something to add, or there is a question that hasn't come up before that requires our attention.

    Where on their to do list is this ranked?

    That's not how game development generally works. There is no such TODO list with rankings. Every millisecond of content development time, and then some, is already allocated to a queue of stuff being developed, and because most content requires different developers from different groups to work on it that queue cannot easily be changed without disrupting the development process completely. Whatever feedback we provide for Sentry will be something the developers think about, but are unlikely to be able to act upon until either some free time opens up in the schedule, which happens randomly, or when time is explicitly scheduled in to review the character, which could be months away or more.
This discussion has been closed.