**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Rewards For 5.2

Firstly i apologize if this discussion is repetitive. Iv'e only recently started using forums. With that out of the way I wan't to get to the matter at hand. 5.2 Maps look good, Nodes are challenging, Increase in difficulty, Collector as a boss etc etc are all really great concepts and I'm looking forward to grind them. My concern are the rewards. Some of which are -

1) More Clarity needed on Grandmaster's Favour. Is it a Reward Multiplier? Do need to have it asap to help me in other areas? Is it a boost? What role does it play? We need to know the importance of this reward in order to determine when we should finish 5.2, what resources we should use, and whether or not if it is worth it.

2) The Rank 5 Gem has to be a generic. It is clear that the quests are only going to get harder and 5*s are soon going to take over. It is common sense that a summoner would rank a 4* that can go toe to toe with a 5* Like Star lord or Hulk or for prestige. We should be offered greater control over who we want to rank up.

3) Rewards are not proportional to the difficulty. This one is self explanatory. Even if the quests are going to last forever. 5.1 offered better rewards in comparison to the difficulty it had. By giving us lesser rewards you are undermining the hard work you put in building this awesome chapter as it single-handedly makes summoners unhappy.

Comments

• Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    I think 5.1 was way too easy for the rewards it offered
  • Took me some effort to beat hahah either way the rewards shouldn't be going downwards right?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    Technically, it's more than 5.1.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    It may not be actually going downwards but the point that the 5.1 rewards were better given the relative difficulty is correct. No one who can complete 5.2 cares much about a 4* rank up etc. Thought there would at least be a T2 alpha and/or a T5 basic this far into act 5.
    edited June 2017
    That's the fundamental problem. There are expectations on what the Rewards were supposed to be. However, they do not fit the usual increase. If you examine all Acts, there is only a subtle increase in Rewards between Chapters 1 and 2 for all of them. Yes, the difficulty is greater. However, it is Chapter 2 of presumably 4. It would not be the most likely place to introduce T5's, and when they do, the entire game will shift. It is also not in tune with the current design to say that 5*'s are phasing out 4*'s. Not soon, anyway. What we have is a case of disproportionate expectations, most likely because false Rewards were leaked. At least in part. That was not my comment regardless. People keep saying they're worse. They are not in fact worse than 5.1.
  • I meant in relation to the difficulty they are getting worse
    I meant in relation to the difficulty they are getting worse
    Well, the Rewards are scaled the same. The difficulty is supposed to increase. I remember when Act 4 was huge. The Rewards are always better for Completion of the Act. We may see them get better in Chapter 3 and 4, as per usual. It's meant to be hard. When they release new content at the end of the difficulty, it's not always meant to be plowed through the day it releases, however if people do, that's great. It's supposed to be something to work on. I won't comment on whether it fits the difficulty, but they seem to be increasing the same way all Acts increase.
  • DLegendDLegend Posts: 745 ★★★
    This is what they should've put in act 5 exploration:

- 5* generic awakening gem
    - Some tier 5 basic catalysts
    - 50 5* generic signature stones
    - Some tier 5 class catalyst crystals
    - 15000 5* shards
    - 10 tier 4 basic catalyst
    - 4000 4* shards
    - 5* rank up gem (rank 3 to 4)

They may sound ridiculously stupid rewards for a whale. But considering the difficulty and the items consumed in act 5 chapter 2, it should be worth it.
  • GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    DLegend wrote: »

- 15000 5* shards
    - 4000 4* shards

They may sound ridiculously stupid rewards for a whale. But considering the difficulty and the items consumed in act 5 chapter 2, it should be worth it.

t5 class cats?
    @DLegend those might be accurate with act 5 exploration and completion but not chapter 2 of act 5 completion. I was always looking forward to act 4 exploration rewards over the chapter rewards when I was doing act 4. There will be some sweet rewards for act 5 exploration. We just have to wait to see what they are
    And t5 class cats aren't needed for anything in game so they won't ever get released
  • ThatsausageThatsausage Posts: 214
    Firstly i apologize if this discussion is repetitive. Iv'e only recently started using forums. With that out of the way I wan't to get to the matter at hand. 5.2 Maps look good, Nodes are challenging, Increase in difficulty, Collector as a boss etc etc are all really great concepts and I'm looking forward to grind them. My concern are the rewards. Some of which are -

1) More Clarity needed on Grandmaster's Favour. Is it a Reward Multiplier? Do need to have it asap to help me in other areas? Is it a boost? What role does it play? We need to know the importance of this reward in order to determine when we should finish 5.2, what resources we should use, and whether or not if it is worth it.

2) The Rank 5 Gem has to be a generic. It is clear that the quests are only going to get harder and 5*s are soon going to take over. It is common sense that a summoner would rank a 4* that can go toe to toe with a 5* Like Star lord or Hulk or for prestige. We should be offered greater control over who we want to rank up.

3) Rewards are not proportional to the difficulty. This one is self explanatory. Even if the quests are going to last forever. 5.1 offered better rewards in comparison to the difficulty it had. By giving us lesser rewards you are undermining the hard work you put in building this awesome chapter as it single-handedly makes summoners unhappy.

1. I think its mystery is the pushing point.
    2. Agree, a generic rank up gem would be more useful.
    3. Completely agree. Rewards really don't measure up to difficulty at all.
  • AppleisgodAppleisgod Posts: 1,420 ★★★★

- 15000 5* shards
    - 4000 4* shards

Sorry but are you juat completely insane...
  • ThatsausageThatsausage Posts: 214
    My opinion (and anyone who doesnt agree has an over 250000 pi account and/or is in a top 100 alliance or enjoys spending thousands of dollars a year on this game) is that Act 5 is too difficult and it shouldnt be. Its not ROL, RTtl or LOL its STORY MODE which everyone should be able to play becoming more difficult as u go further. The rewards are disproportionate to the difficulty of finishing each act and the difficulty after act 3 climbs enormously. i mean seriously look at the differences between act 3 and 4!! And then act 5 jumps even higher with pittiful for the expectations rewards. I mean what are they gonna do for Act 5.3??? Am i going to have to sell a kidney to pay for all the revives and potions i will need to finish it??? And this is coming from a person thats been playing over 2 years and has over 270k pi!!! And then Kabam asks why they are losing customers and money!! Do not cater only to the top 100 alliances u have over 1 million people playing this game every day. That is over 997k people who are dissappointed and will slowly stop playing and spending money!!! I don't think u can keep this game going with only 3000 people spending money, so listen to the little guys for once they are the majority of your income!!!

Doesnt matter what pi the account is. Some accounts have a fairly pi but still have key champs to progress as they sell useless champs.
    As Kabam stated, Act 5 isnt going anywhere so it allows time for players to acquire good champs and rank them to gain better odds of completing their ridiculous node infested story mode.
  • JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    That's the fundamental problem. There are expectations on what the Rewards were supposed to be. However, they do not fit the usual increase. If you examine all Acts, there is only a subtle increase in Rewards between Chapters 1 and 2 for all of them. Yes, the difficulty is greater. However, it is Chapter 2 of presumably 4. It would not be the most likely place to introduce T5's, and when they do, the entire game will shift. It is also not in tune with the current design to say that 5*'s are phasing out 4*'s. Not soon, anyway. What we have is a case of disproportionate expectations, most likely because false Rewards were leaked. At least in part. That was not my comment regardless. People keep saying they're worse. They are not in fact worse than 5.1.

It's got nothing to do with leaked rewards an everything thing to do on hard the contents is, it's easy for people to talk about it an have opinions on it but unless you've you played it how can you state weather the rewards are equal to difficulty
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,041 ★★★★★

- 15000 5* shards
    - 4000 4* shards

This is obviously completely absurd to have for just completing 5.2. However, the story quests don't go away and I don't understand why people think you have to complete it on day 1? If it takes you a year to do it, what's wrong with that?
  • Uncle_Fatty_247Uncle_Fatty_247 Posts: 347 ★★

- 15000 5* shards
    - 4000 4* shards

These would be great rewards for exploring Act 5 in its entirety, but how terrifying would 5.4 be? Depressingly difficult.
  • Uncle_Fatty_247Uncle_Fatty_247 Posts: 347 ★★
    Eh, replace the t5c crusyals with a few t2 alphas to be more realistic.
  • AIISupernaturalAIISupernatural Posts: 40
    As for the difficulty, don't rush it if you dont want to spend. New champs are coming that can help greatly such as Stark Spiderman who can Evade all of the Collectors specials. I sure wish I had him before clearing him with Hulk. Also don't attempt Caltrops without a R5 bleed immune or you will pay. Play it smart. And yeah the rewards don't pay off well.

Dude after 2 years of playing i should be able to breeze through it!! No one is Rushing but Kabam declared if u finish it before August 2nd u get better rewards from daily crystals!!!
  • AppleisgodAppleisgod Posts: 1,420 ★★★★
    As for the difficulty, don't rush it if you dont want to spend. New champs are coming that can help greatly such as Stark Spiderman who can Evade all of the Collectors specials. I sure wish I had him before clearing him with Hulk. Also don't attempt Caltrops without a R5 bleed immune or you will pay. Play it smart. And yeah the rewards don't pay off well.

Dude after 2 years of playing i should be able to breeze through it!! No one is Rushing but Kabam declared if u finish it before August 2nd u get better rewards from daily crystals!!!

Not before August 2nd but just when you finish it
    Everyone will get it whenever they finish act 5.2
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,870 ★★★★★
    Uncollected crystal more than makes up for the rewards
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    No it doest not!!!!!

5 4 stars signature stones is just beyond low!
    How can you not see this?

How can you not see a t2A and 5 T4b should have been the case?

How can you not see the rank up gem should have been generic?

How can you not see the daily crystals is the result of the blacklash they are getting since 5.2 release for this trash rewards ?
  • AIISupernaturalAIISupernatural Posts: 40
    edited July 2017

No, no you shouldn't. No it is Brand New Content, you shouldn't be able to breeze through it. How is our player base so immature I don't get it.

like every months event isnt brand new content??? i repeat myself cause u are not getting what i am saying STORY should not be that hard!!! Challenges like Bautista or Spidey sure but Story NO!!! if Kabam has plans till 2020 what will happen with act 6 or 7??? what will we need 20* champs that will need tier35 catalysts to rank up?? after act 3 (which i beat with maxed 3*s) the difficulty IN STORY MODE has gone up too much!! in act1.1.1 the recommended pi is 172, in act 2.1.1 the recommended pi is 1563, in act 3.1.1 the recommended pi is 3707 in act 4.1.1 its 12062 and now in act 5.1.1 its 21250 now do u see my point?? Act 4 should have started at 7-8k and Act 5 at 14-16k that would have been a logical proggresion!!
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,870 ★★★★★
    CapWW2 wrote: »
    No it doest not!!!!!

5 4 stars signature stones is just beyond low!
    How can you not see this?

How can you not see a t2A and 5 T4b should have been the case?

How can you not see the rank up gem should have been generic?

How can you not see the daily crystals is the result of the blacklash they are getting since 5.2 release for this trash rewards ?

Because it's only 5.2 not 5.4 and the WHOLE ACT exploration rewards lol
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    No sir rewards are ultra low