**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Skill vs Devices...

Wondering if anyone noticed an "improvement" in their fighting skills after switching devices?

I use a low-ish end Android, and I really don't think I'm as mediocre as my fight results show- sometimes I think my reflexes are just too slow, other times I'm sure I hit the block or swipe back but my character just stands there and gets hit.

Comments

• beyonder8421beyonder8421 Posts: 881 ★★★
    I used to play in an LG G2, and I wasn't very good at it. Then I changed to a Samsung Galaxy note 5 and suddenly got better. Especially in long fights, as large champions would also cause lags (ROL).
    I now have an iPad mini and a note 8, and although there is lag every now and then, I can do more challenging stuff just because the response time of the device is so much better.

I also think that it is harder to gain skill in a poor device as no matter have much effort you put in it, the device will just not respond in time (evading and intercepting). You can try to learn how to fight with that device, but you will be a bit handicapped.

Fighting on new devices also has a learning curve, but it is usually easier after a day.
  • beyonder8421beyonder8421 Posts: 881 ★★★
    I do get that issue with my champs standing there instead of evading or charging. And other times they just do whatever it pleases them, I think that is actually a bug. Could be device related, and it could be Android related (I think it happened to me on iPad, but I am not sure right now).

Also in harder content, opponent seem to reach you much faster than in other modes. And evading twice doesn't seem to be fast enough. But this could be just something that happened to me.
  • AgentDoom9AgentDoom9 Posts: 263 ★★
    I moved from an iPad mini to an iPhone 6s and boy that took some getting used to. I noticed that you can get quicker responses with the phone but with the iPad you never have an “mistakes” like doing heavy instead of medium or dashing back instead of blocking. But on my iPad there would be bursts of lag here and and that never happened of my phone. If you are skilled I recommend a phone because it really helps on those quick reactions but bigger screens allow for more control.
  • AKTEKAKTEK Posts: 308 ★★
    This is true playing low end devices is tough task I have skill but many time device does not give my favour instead. Of evade stands or heavy
  • Ashesudeeni1Ashesudeeni1 Posts: 49
    my phone got stolen recently (LG G6) so i'm currently using an old G3, you definitely notice the difference in performance, my gameplay and performance in quest and war has suffered, as well as in longer fights. i'll be getting a new phone again soon though so cant wait.
  • RinzlerRinzler Posts: 23
    Hopefully when the IOS 11.3 is released and iphone can disable the battery performance older iphones should see improvement in gameplay.
  • Gladiator09Gladiator09 Posts: 287 ★★
    Wrong title - skills vs money
  • GwendolineGwendoline Posts: 945 ★★★
    I definitely noticed a big difference after switching from a phone (can't even remember which phone, it was two years ago, but it ran on android) to an ipad air 2.

At first my "skill" dropped a bit but once I got used to the ipad I got a lot better. I also scored higher in arena due to shorter loading screens.

I am only able to connect my ipad when using wifi, so when we're away from home I use my boyfriends tablet. The parry timing is definitely different and there makes me suck ass.
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    playing on an old S4 and jumping to a Pixel definitely improved my overall performance. It's like having a nice pair of new shoes vs having an old pair. You're going to get much better responsiveness out of the new ones
  • RapRap Posts: 3,193 ★★★★
    I am pretty sure your device can impact your success. There were times on my s4 when I blocked and there was a lag on my end that caused a delay in my champs response and I took damage I spent have. Now playing on s8. Different issues now...getting used to the wrap around screen...
  • NinjAlanNinjAlan Posts: 358 ★★★
    I just switched to the 8 plus from the s7 edge, the intermittent lag is gone and load times are 10x faster, but the screen sensitivity is causing me to randomly heavy and miss specials