Champion Spotlight - Hulk (Ragnarok)

Hulk (Ragnarok) is on his way to The Contest!

Take a look at his Spotlight here: https://playcontestofchampions.com/champion-spotlight-hulk-ragnarok/

Comments

• LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    Are the ability stats based on the 4* or the 5* version?
  • Markjv81Markjv81 Posts: 431 ★★★
    Does his "face me" passive work with bleed from double edge?
  • FrnkieloFrnkielo Posts: 161
    @Kabam Miike so regarding the passive damage over time debuffs..those that only include mephisto and Magik..what abt Dormammu degen
  • As far as i understand it bleed, degen, ect. that shows up as a icon on your champ are "active" debuffs that wont trigger "Face Me". that pretty much means this part of the champ is only going to be relevant vs 2 champs (Magik and Mephisto or am i missing someone?)

Its a shame that they removed the enrage when the crowd reaches 0 as it was shown in the data mined files. Considering that Face Me is a rather big ability because it gives att boost AND the 70% chance to trigger specials its sad that we as players cant actively use this ability.

If Face Me would activate when the crowd is at 0 as clearly someone at kabam proposed, the player would make a conciouse choice between att boost and increased smashing from 100 crowd or att boost and increased power control from 0 crowd allowing for a strategic use of the ability.

Its seems an interesting mechanic that somehow has been reduced to be only active in a tiny fraction of fights, which i think is a missed opportunity. @Kabam Miike is there any chance/plans to somehow allow the players to control when Face Me activates? For example a synergy could allow him to activate it while the crowd is at 0 or something.
    I agree..data mine had it right..when he reaches 0 enrage should activate
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 982 ★★★
    Signature Ability: Pollice Verso

Once per fight when either Hulk (Ragnarok) or his opponent hit 20% Health remaining, the crowd judges that fighter’s performance. If they feel they fought well, they give a Thumbs Up. If they feel they fought poorly, a Thumbs Down. Each judgement grants Hulk a Passive effect.

Thumbs Up: Regenerate 5060.91 Health on Hulk over 10 Seconds.

Thumbs Down: +1224.51 Attack for the rest of the fight.

I still don't understand how this works, I think this is poorly worded can Kabam explain this better?
  • nameplasnameplas Posts: 231
    I really like the new hulk
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,024 ★★★★★
    Zuko_ILC wrote: »
    Signature Ability: Pollice Verso

Once per fight when either Hulk (Ragnarok) or his opponent hit 20% Health remaining, the crowd judges that fighter’s performance. If they feel they fought well, they give a Thumbs Up. If they feel they fought poorly, a Thumbs Down. Each judgement grants Hulk a Passive effect.

Thumbs Up: Regenerate 5060.91 Health on Hulk over 10 Seconds.

Thumbs Down: +1224.51 Attack for the rest of the fight.

I still don't understand how this works, I think this is poorly worded can Kabam explain this better?

Same. Are those numbers based on the 4* or 5*? Also, is it random which happens or can you proc the one you way in some way?
  • MarcusUnreadMarcusUnread Posts: 76
    Face Me works against passive DOT. Anything that DOES NOT trigger WP is passive. So Dorm’s Degen, Mordo’s Degen, Magik’s limbo and Mephisto’s aura are all passive DOT. A fellow ally mate tested his Dorm against Uncollected Gulk tonight (made a video) and Gulk regens most of the Degen damage back. Saw the video myself, confirmed.
  • HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★
    Will be interesting if RagHulk triggers face me on degen node/lanes because they are passive DOTs. All indications so far by the wording of the skill sound like it will
  • Markjv81Markjv81 Posts: 431 ★★★
    Face Me works against passive DOT. Anything that DOES NOT trigger WP is passive. So Dorm’s Degen, Mordo’s Degen, Magik’s limbo and Mephisto’s aura are all passive DOT. A fellow ally mate tested his Dorm against Uncollected Gulk tonight (made a video) and Gulk regens most of the Degen damage back. Saw the video myself, confirmed.

Mordo degen triggers WP.
  • becauseicantbecauseicant Posts: 323 ★★★
    What about Void's ability to do damage per debuff. It's not the debuff itself doing the damage so does that count as passive? Or does it not count as anything.
  • gohard123gohard123 Posts: 697 ★★★
    I don't know how people don't like him, people are only looking at the application to mystic defenders which is great but think about bane, degen and starburst degen nodes in quest and map 6. He can regen 70% of the damage (80.5% with recovery) and get an attack boost as well (through out the fight if it is degen or starbust degen).
  • It seems there are many more sources of passive DOTs that will trigger Face Me. Thats very good!

I actually like him (regardless of how good he is i just love hulk) but i was still looking forward to the strategic use of either pushing crowd to 100 or let ting it slip to 0 depending on what is necessary in the specific situation, kinda disappointing its not there. I also dont think it would make him OP or anything as it is a trade off anyway.
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,526 ★★★★
    Can't believe nothings been answered
  • Foxhero007Foxhero007 Posts: 545 ★★
    Hulk (Ragnarok) should have been a skill champion
  • Batty_NumppoBatty_Numppo Posts: 232
    Can you go into more detail on his sig? Does the crowd judge the character based on how well it actually played, or is it actually random and you described it that way to add a little color, as you sometimes do. Cuz if it’s the former, I have a hard time understanding how the crowd couldn’t give anything other than a thumbs down to the first character to lose 80% health.
    if You are fighting an AW boss where you take a lot of damage from blocking..you will reach 20 percent before the boss but crowd will give you thumbs up for fighting well and you get your health back
    Any answers? He comes out in a few hours.
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 982 ★★★
    Can we get some answers prior to his release?
  • Hulk_77Hulk_77 Posts: 782 ★★★
    Will any of the characters that have synergies with Hulk be updated to have the same synergy with Hulk Ragnarok? Right now they don't. It is completely weird that Thor Ragnarok has synergy with regular Hulk and not Hulk Ragnarok.
  • kado313kado313 Posts: 37
    @Kabam Miike Seriously he comes out in an hour, can we atleast get some of the questions answered?
  • kado313kado313 Posts: 37
    gohard123 wrote: »
    I don't know how people don't like him, people are only looking at the application to mystic defenders which is great but think about bane, degen and starburst degen nodes in quest and map 6. He can regen 70% of the damage (80.5% with recovery) and get an attack boost as well (through out the fight if it is degen or starbust degen).

Assuming it actually works on degen nodes.
  • BahamutBahamut Posts: 2,275 ★★★★
    RAGNA-HULK JOINS THE CONTEST
    Thanks for all the help before the crystals came out Miike. Really appreciate it!
  • dkatryldkatryl Posts: 674 ★★★
    hylozoii wrote: »
    Oh. This means 4% to 8%? Or whatever that calculation is.

Yeah, just doubles it, not sets it to 100%
  • edited February 2018
    Frnkielo wrote: »
    @Kabam Miike so regarding the passive damage over time debuffs..those that only include mephisto and Magik..what abt Dormammu degen

Dormammu's Degen is included. It's Debuffs that cause Damage Over Time that have the Passive Style icon. We also try and call out what is Passive in the ability descriptions.

Keep in mind that this won't affect most Degens from Nodes.