Full attack bonus??

What is this at an end of a fight?

Comments

• Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    Read the war changes from a couple weeks back?
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    No. The one where they announced dropping diversity points and adding attack bonus.
  • VoluntarisVoluntaris Posts: 1,198 ★★★
    Was more than a "few weeks back", new scoring system went into effect back on December 13th, 2017:

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/36645/alliance-wars-scoring-update-coming-december-13th#latest
  • Zeke_the_XbotZeke_the_Xbot Posts: 342 ★★
    Read the war changes from a couple weeks back?

Or just answer him without being a smart arse?

I mean search function and I think it’s stickied post still about the scoring changes

• What is this at an end of a fight?

As of the latest changes to alliance war, attacking players now get a bonus for defeating a defender that is based on how many times that defender has killed an incoming attacker. The bonus starts at 240 points, and drops by 80 points every time that defender kills an attacker until it reaches zero (it does not drop below zero).

If you kill the defender when the bonus is 240, you get that message. You get a different message if you kill the defender and the bonus is less than 240. You get a different message if the bonus has dropped to zero.

Note: the bonus doesn't just drop if the defender kills one of your attackers. It drops when it kills any attacker. If another player reaches the node first and gets killed before you reach it, the bonus (or lack of a bonus) will reflect that. Also, I believe you can see if the node still has an attacker bonus when you reach it by tapping on it, before you fight it.
  • FluffyFluffy Posts: 446 ★★
    This is the back door way to get defender kills back in the game.
  • dkatryldkatryl Posts: 672 ★★★
    I could see the confusion, even for someone that knows about the bonus and has a derp moment.

Perhaps it should read 'Full Attacker Bonus', so it is clearly about the one attacking and not somehow talking about your champ's attack power.
  • dkatryl wrote: »
    I could see the confusion, even for someone that knows about the bonus and has a derp moment.

Perhaps it should read 'Full Attacker Bonus', so it is clearly about the one attacking and not somehow talking about your champ's attack power.

I don't think that would be unambiguous either. "Maximum Bonus Points" is what I would probably have written the message to read.
  • dkatryldkatryl Posts: 672 ★★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    I don't think that would be unambiguous either. "Maximum Bonus Points" is what I would probably have written the message to read.

Sure, whatever. Point is, I can see how someone could look at the existing message and be confused.
  • DNA3000 wrote: »
    What is this at an end of a fight?

As of the latest changes to alliance war, attacking players now get a bonus for defeating a defender that is based on how many times that defender has killed an incoming attacker. The bonus starts at 240 points, and drops by 80 points every time that defender kills an attacker until it reaches zero (it does not drop below zero).

If you kill the defender when the bonus is 240, you get that message. You get a different message if you kill the defender and the bonus is less than 240. You get a different message if the bonus has dropped to zero.

Note: the bonus doesn't just drop if the defender kills one of your attackers. It drops when it kills any attacker. If another player reaches the node first and gets killed before you reach it, the bonus (or lack of a bonus) will reflect that. Also, I believe you can see if the node still has an attacker bonus when you reach it by tapping on it, before you fight it.

Thank you kind sir
  • So does that mean it's better strategy to leave a spot undefended than to place a weak defender there and give easy points to the attacker?