Aw down again

How long will aw be down

Comments

  • SkxxxtySkxxxty Posts: 46
    i7vc2kx3lq5u.png
  • 420sam420sam Posts: 526
    Skxxxty wrote: »
    i7vc2kx3lq5u.png

    Until Wednesday. Alliance wars are always disabled at Sunday at 7PM PST.
  • SkxxxtySkxxxty Posts: 46
    I thought the seasons would make it more fluid, guess not
  • Skxxxty wrote: »
    How long will aw be down

    Must be an error, started war the other day no problem in last 12 hours of attack phase now...
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,057
    edited February 13
    War always goes down Sunday night, always returns wednesday midday (relative to EST). It is not an error, and there were never any plans to change this.

    Edit: War Matchmaking*
  • Primmer79 wrote: »
    War always goes down Sunday night, always returns wednesday midday (relative to EST). It is not an error, and there were never any plans to change this.

    Edit: War Matchmaking*

    makes sense, would of started match making right before it went down..
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 1,863
    How does anyone not know it goes down the same time every sunday and then comes back Wednesday? It's only been doing it since day 1. Plus you get a in game message stating it a few days before it happens
  • 420sam420sam Posts: 526
    Skxxxty wrote: »
    I thought the seasons would make it more fluid, guess not

    It is fluid, it has been like this over a year. Why change it now?
  • StewmanStewman Posts: 382
    420sam wrote: »
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    How does anyone not know it goes down the same time every sunday and then comes back Wednesday? It's only been doing it since day 1. Plus you get a in game message stating it a few days before it happens

    Well technically that is not true. When it was first rolled out they actually ran it continuously before moving it down to the current format. Remember they used to even have a team event with milestones that ran over the course of a week that if you managed to get 4 war victories in a week then you could get 5* shards.

    I don't remember that at all.

  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 1,863
    Stewman wrote: »
    420sam wrote: »
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    How does anyone not know it goes down the same time every sunday and then comes back Wednesday? It's only been doing it since day 1. Plus you get a in game message stating it a few days before it happens

    Well technically that is not true. When it was first rolled out they actually ran it continuously before moving it down to the current format. Remember they used to even have a team event with milestones that ran over the course of a week that if you managed to get 4 war victories in a week then you could get 5* shards.

    I don't remember that at all.

    I don't either. And I've been playing since before AW.
  • 420sam420sam Posts: 526
    edited February 13
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    Stewman wrote: »
    420sam wrote: »
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    How does anyone not know it goes down the same time every sunday and then comes back Wednesday? It's only been doing it since day 1. Plus you get a in game message stating it a few days before it happens

    Well technically that is not true. When it was first rolled out they actually ran it continuously before moving it down to the current format. Remember they used to even have a team event with milestones that ran over the course of a week that if you managed to get 4 war victories in a week then you could get 5* shards.

    I don't remember that at all.

    I don't either. And I've been playing since before AW.

    That might have been a part of the testing phase. I cannot remember, but there was definitely an individual event related to wins back over a year a ago.

    FYI
    https://mbch.guide/en/articles/izmeneniya-v-vojne-ot-4-maya/
    It is obviously a cut and paste from the old forum site. Not sure if you can find the same info there. Still not 100% sure if it was a part of the testing process for wars though either.
  • ThawnimThawnim Posts: 1,460
    420sam wrote: »
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    Stewman wrote: »
    420sam wrote: »
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    How does anyone not know it goes down the same time every sunday and then comes back Wednesday? It's only been doing it since day 1. Plus you get a in game message stating it a few days before it happens

    Well technically that is not true. When it was first rolled out they actually ran it continuously before moving it down to the current format. Remember they used to even have a team event with milestones that ran over the course of a week that if you managed to get 4 war victories in a week then you could get 5* shards.

    I don't remember that at all.

    I don't either. And I've been playing since before AW.

    That might have been a part of the testing phase. I cannot remember, but there was definitely an individual event related to wins back over a year a ago.

    FYI
    https://mbch.guide/en/articles/izmeneniya-v-vojne-ot-4-maya/
    It is obviously a cut and paste from the old forum site. Not sure if you can find the same info there. Still not 100% sure if it was a part of the testing process for wars though either.

    I remember that. Also reminds me of the good ole days when 2* wars were possible. :)
  • @420sam Good find. And the old forums are gone. It was hosted on wonderhill and seems to no longer be accessible now.
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 1,056
    They didn't always do maintenance every Tuesday. Shutting down matchmaking ensures that people don't complain about longer than expected maintenance during war attack.
Sign In or Register to comment.