**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

War Matchmaking Algorithm

I have been watching lagacy69's videos a little since the creation and now demise of OMNI. One thing he has stated is that war matchmaking was taking prestige into account in the matchmaking. This would explain why at a war rating of like 200 they were getting matched up with huge similar alliances rather than the noob, dont't even place defenses, alliances I recall when down there. They moved to an alliance around a 1950 war rating, this is about where my alliance is...... again, they got matched up with behemoth alliances, where we are matched up with alliances of our level at the same war rating

my question, is there any formal discussion of the war matchmaking criteria by Kabam documented anywhere? If an alliance reaches a certain tier does this get thrown out the window and the matchmaking goes back to solely on war rating? I can't imagine a low prestige alliance can just rise up to top 10 facing comparable prestige the whole way.

Comments

• VoluntarisVoluntaris Posts: 1,198 ★★★
    battleone wrote: »
    I have been watching lagacy69's videos a little since the creation and now demise of OMNI. One thing he has stated is that war matchmaking was taking prestige into account in the matchmaking. This would explain why at a war rating of like 200 they were getting matched up with huge similar alliances rather than the noob, dont't even place defenses, alliances I recall when down there. They moved to an alliance around a 1950 war rating, this is about where my alliance is...... again, they got matched up with behemoth alliances, where we are matched up with alliances of our level at the same war rating

my question, is there any formal discussion of the war matchmaking criteria by Kabam documented anywhere? If an alliance reaches a certain tier does this get thrown out the window and the matchmaking goes back to solely on war rating? I can't imagine a low prestige alliance can just rise up to top 10 facing comparable prestige the whole way.

it was taking prestige into account until 2 weeks ago... now it appears to be back to just finding matches based on War Rating