Champion Spotlight: Killmonger

2»

Comments

• Batty_NumppoBatty_Numppo Posts: 232
    @Kabam Miike I inferred that critical resistance meant it reduced the damage from crit hits, not the chance for crits to happen. But the in-game info says otherwise. Can you confirm?xjhup1xnb0s4.jpeg
  • It has always been chance.
  • HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★
    @Kabam Miike I inferred that critical resistance meant it reduced the damage from crit hits, not the chance for crits to happen. But the in-game info says otherwise. Can you confirm?xjhup1xnb0s4.jpeg

So question about the Critical Resistance stat that could use clarification. It is apparent now that this stat will start getting worked in more into the game after a negative reception during 12.0. Does this stat still work in the same way as a FLAT critical reduction as it did in 12.0?

As in example:
    1. Killmonger has 20% critical resistance stat. The opposing champion has 25% critical rate. In how this stat worked during 12.0, the opposing champion's critical rating would be 25% - 20% = 5% critical rate.

Or was it changed to (the better / more logical way IMO):
    2. Killmonger has 20% critical resistance stat. The opposing champion has 25% critical rate. The opposing champion's critical rating would be 25% X (1 - .20) = 20% critical rate.

So question about the Critical Resistance stat that could use clarification. It is apparent now that this stat will start getting worked in more into the game after a negative reception during 12.0. Does this stat still work in the same way as a FLAT critical reduction as it did in 12.0?

As in example:
    1. Killmonger has 20% critical resistance stat. The opposing champion has 25% critical rate. In how this stat worked during 12.0, the opposing champion's critical rating would be 25% - 20% = 5% critical rate.

2. Killmonger has 20% critical resistance stat. The opposing champion has 25% critical rate. The opposing champion's critical rating would be 25% X (1 - .20) = 20% critical rate.

Having fought Killmonger many many times with champs who have less than 20% crit chance and still landed crits, I can unequivocally confirm it is the latter.
  • Yeah. Second one.
  • @Kabam Miike I inferred that critical resistance meant it reduced the damage from crit hits, not the chance for crits to happen. But the in-game info says otherwise. Can you confirm?xjhup1xnb0s4.jpeg

As in example:

There is a third, equally likely possibility. Technically, critical rate is a flat stat: 25% critical rate corresponds to a critical stat of about 670, which is 25.09% @ CR100. It is possible that critical resistance acts upon that value, reducing 670 to 670 x (1-0.2) = 536, which would then be about 21.14% @ CR100.

For low values of critical rating the difference would be difficult to detect. But these two kinds of mechanics diverge at high critical ratings. For example, something with a lot of cruelty stacks that had a 1500 critical rating would have 42.86% critical chance @ CR100. 80% of that would be 33.5%. 80% of 1500 wold be 37.5%. Not a large difference but that corresponds to 12% more critical damage and the gap would continue to widen as critical stat gets higher. I'm not sure how you could test which way it worked without doing an enormous amount of controlled testing. It would be better if the devs just told us.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 2,220 ★★★★
    edited February 2018

Strengths:

Spider-Man: Killmonger has True Strike and he can keep the ability active for a very long time when paired with Winter Soldier. This will make him a really great option against Champions that rely on Evade, such as Spider-Man.

Weaknesses:

Medusa, King Groot, Iron Fist: Killmonger is extremely vulnerable to Armor Break abilities. When suffering from an Armor Break, his Vibranium Armor is turned off for the duration of the Armor Break effect.

Now given class advantage, I don't recommend taking Spiderman against Killmonger. But he's got a pretty handy Armour Break!

And you've got to hit him whilst he's recovering from a Special Attack before getting that True Strike buff.

Best of luck against Symbiote Spidey!
  • TBJ1118TBJ1118 Posts: 228
    Hi, is there a bug with the sp3-induced bleedings? A friend went to 128 bleedings pre-sp3 against LOL red hulk, dropped the l3 but obtained only 51 bleed stacks. Is it a bug or is it capped like gamora’s assassination or hawkeye’s hemorrhage? Thanks!
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,034 ★★★
    Killmongers l3 does not state its capped at 50, this was very misleading. It states

If killmonger inflicted 15 or more bleed debuffs in this fight he inflicts a bleed for every bleed he inflicted. Each bleed deals xxx direct damage over 6 seconds. This can activate once a fight.

No cap mentioned!
    That’s interesting. If I remember correctly, a mod explained that Medusa’s bleed cap, should anyone have perpetual armor shattered going, also is capped at 50. I wonder if it’s not so much a KM thing as it is a limit in the unstated rules of the game that one champ can’t suffer more than 50 bleeds at a time.
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    That’s interesting. If I remember correctly, a mod explained that Medusa’s bleed cap, should anyone have perpetual armor shattered going, also is capped at 50. I wonder if it’s not so much a KM thing as it is a limit in the unstated rules of the game that one champ can’t suffer more than 50 bleeds at a time.

Medusa’s bleed cap is 30.
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 872 ★★★
    The wakanda leadership synergy in-game says “Indestructible and Unstoppable charges” instead of “Indestructible and Counterpunch charges”.
  • MattScottMattScott Posts: 587
    edited February 2018
    TBJ1118 wrote: »
    Hi, is there a bug with the sp3-induced bleedings? A friend went to 128 bleedings pre-sp3 against LOL red hulk, dropped the l3 but obtained only 51 bleed stacks. Is it a bug or is it capped like gamora’s assassination or hawkeye’s hemorrhage? Thanks!

Caps at 50 bleeds
  • Zuko_ILC wrote: »
    Killmongers l3 does not state its capped at 50, this was very misleading. It states

If killmonger inflicted 15 or more bleed debuffs in this fight he inflicts a bleed for every bleed he inflicted. Each bleed deals xxx direct damage over 6 seconds. This can activate once a fight.

No cap mentioned!

This is very common.

Same for x-23
    Same for Hawkeye
    Same for gamora
    And many more.

There used to be a thread about secret cap values. Don’t know where it went.
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,034 ★★★
    MattScott wrote: »
    Zuko_ILC wrote: »

No cap mentioned!

This is very common.

Same for x-23
    Same for Hawkeye
    Same for gamora
    And many more.

Not telling the player base the cap shouldn't be a common occurrence in spotlights.

• Strengths:

Spider-Man: Killmonger has True Strike and he can keep the ability active for a very long time when paired with Winter Soldier. This will make him a really great option against Champions that rely on Evade, such as Spider-Man.

Weaknesses:

Medusa, King Groot, Iron Fist: Killmonger is extremely vulnerable to Armor Break abilities. When suffering from an Armor Break, his Vibranium Armor is turned off for the duration of the Armor Break effect.

Now given class advantage, I don't recommend taking Spiderman against Killmonger. But he's got a pretty handy Armour Break!

And you've got to hit him whilst he's recovering from a Special Attack before getting that True Strike buff.

Best of luck against Symbiote Spidey!

Through synergies you can also raise True Strike by intercepting, which IMHO is a must have ability when using him. Killmonger synergies are all awesome IMHO, and not just for him...Eeven BPCW becomes a very good attacker, hitting very very hard on a "hit after parry" strategy!

Here is Killmonger paired with Void, WS, Hawkeye and BPCW:

• Zuko_ILC wrote: »
    MattScott wrote: »
    Zuko_ILC wrote: »

No cap mentioned!

This is very common.

Same for x-23
    Same for Hawkeye
    Same for gamora
    And many more.

Not telling the player base the cap shouldn't be a common occurrence in spotlights.

I agree. But unfortunately it is
    Just checked out a teammate’s 5* KM and it’s synergy with WS says he has a 100% chance to gain true strike when intercepting a dash. Is that a mistake, or a huge 5* synergy advantage?
  • The bleeds are debuffs and they do not stack, unless you use a sp3 to apply the 50 bleeds at once.
    I don't think he can one-shot wolverine that way ... Not enough damage. You can calculate it to see for yourself