The Old Contest...

Comments

• SlayerOfGodsSlayerOfGods Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    Primmer79 wrote: »
    MattScott wrote: »
    Remember when support actually read your tickets and a human typed the response.

nope

We gotta keep this constructive, or mods will remove this great post.

really though, this has been a great thread, even for me who hasn't been around from the beginning. I'm glad, and sad at the same time for things that no longer happen

Remember to excited for whats to come! :smiley:

• MattScott wrote: »
    Remember when support actually read your tickets and a human typed the response.

nope

really though, this has been a great thread, even for me who hasn't been around from the beginning. I'm glad, and sad at the same time for things that no longer happen

Remember way Back when they said bases were coming soon! ;)

OH! I remember this! I saw it a few minutes ago!
  • SlayerOfGodsSlayerOfGods Posts: 1,665 ★★★★

nope

Remember way Back when they said bases were coming soon! ;)

OH! I remember this! I saw it a few minutes ago!

Lmfao true
  • 3 flags for bases? Really? Lol
  • Ahhh. I remember having all my 2* at 2/1. Good memories.
  • Jing_Yik2017Jing_Yik2017 Posts: 73
    edited February 2018
    Joined in April 2015.
    had ever won 3 champs from arena.
    a 3* hulkbuster (my son's favorite- due to the Avengers movie) , a basic 4* magik to awake her (in 2016?) and hood to awake him(2017)
    First basic i tried is Storm (1st basic if not mistaken), i took one day leave from work but i failed.

Beat act 3 with 3* & 2* team (no 4* crystal as a reward back then, very happy with the 3* crystal reward).
    Act 4 with 3* SW, 4* strange and some unduped 4*. Juggernaut in Act 4 was a pain, i almost threw out my phone.........

Beat RTLOL with rank 5 BW and rank 4 SW.

1st 4* was a UC (from alliance 7 days 5vs5 arena rank rewards). (using mostly 2* back then)

1st 5 star was magik (before the changed/ buff).

Bought the rank up package for SW just weeks before they introduce 12.0.....
  • I also bought that package...got in a solid three runs on the act 4 juggernaut before 12.0 hit. That broke my heart as I was relying on a 3* version of her maxed and a 3* strange to clear it, and it was so easy!!! ...until it wasn't after the update...
  • DrenlinDrenlin Posts: 345
    Started in may 2015 and being thrilled during the first Christmas event to get 3* groots from all 3 difficulty level of the monthly event only to realize he sucked
  • weavileweavile Posts: 288
    beating Act 3 Thanos using only 3* non dupped with **** mastery. Good time.
  • When leveling up your champs, you could only select 5 iso at a time.
  • Nick0609 wrote: »
    When leveling up your champs, you could only select 5 iso at a time.

yes this was probably the worst thing. thank god kabam changed it
  • Hort4Hort4 Posts: 139
    May have been said already but how about a time before their were signature abilities.
  • Nick0609 wrote: »
    When leveling up your champs, you could only select 5 iso at a time.

Yep. Imagine this with a 6 Star. HAHAHAHA. 5 tier 5, you would have to switch back at twice per level with this biggest iso in the game. 70 switches to get to 1/25
    IF you had ALL tier 5.
  • Thebgj01Thebgj01 Posts: 247
    Too much reading, but I remember when we didn’t have the possibility of duplicating a champ
  • I started after stark Spidey event
  • I started after stark Spidey event
  • I remember when I first started the game (dec 14). After a few months of playing being completely desperate for a 4*, I caved and bought a 4* crystal for 2500 units. I got Rocket and was so pissed off.
    Down the road he ended up being in my top 5 for quite a while. He's just arena fodder now.

I didn't get very serious about the game until around 2 years ago.
    Before that I would sometimes go days without logging in. I can't even remember what that is like now. lol
  • VandalSavageVandalSavage Posts: 267 ★★
    Hort4 wrote: »
    May have been said already but how about a time before their were signature abilities.

Good times.

Captain America arenas. I earned the 3-star from the 3-star arena. And at the same time I earned another 3-star from the 4-star arena.

All I got was 1 captain america and ISOs. It made leveling up CA easier though since I didn't have to grind the quests for ISOs.

And ... that was when I had like 5 or 6 teams for the 3-star arena and maybe 2 teams for 4-star. That was the grinders life back then, not having too many teams. That made the milestones so much harder to earn unless you were willing to burn units.

Today, people can play non-stop until their phone/tablet batteries dies out.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 19,953 ★★★★★
    I remember when people claimed that parry would ruin the game.

Anyone remember the fake Black Friday deals brought to you by the good people of the forum?

Shards as a full time feature of the game was relatively new. The weekly SA was also relatively new. To get people to stop opening crystals and not gain points in SA, they convinced them to save up. People were told that on Black Friday, PHC would cost 500 shards instead of the regular 2000. So save up!

Oh yeah. Parry ended the game. Wait, the removal of PB ended the game. Wait, it was the WP Nerf. Wait, it was 12.0. Wait, it was the War Changes. Wait, it's still going. Carry on.
  • VandalSavageVandalSavage Posts: 267 ★★

Anyone remember the fake Black Friday deals brought to you by the good people of the forum?

Shards as a full time feature of the game was relatively new. The weekly SA was also relatively new. To get people to stop opening crystals and not gain points in SA, they convinced them to save up. People were told that on Black Friday, PHC would cost 500 shards instead of the regular 2000. So save up!

Oh yeah. Parry ended the game. Wait, the removal of PB ended the game. Wait, it was the WP Nerf. Wait, it was 12.0. Wait, it was the War Changes. Wait, it's still going. Carry on.

You forgot about the first nerf -- Gamora. Oh wait, whining about nerfing wasn't a popular past time yet. We had to wait 5 months later for that.

Deadpool!

For those who don't remember, the Deadpool nerf was the same as Wolverine -- the healing factor was linked to power bar level. So higher power bar, faster healing. That was the nerf. Prior to the "nerf", DP had maxed healing at the start of every fight.

There were all kinds of talk of RoL and money spent in arenas or packages. Those were just non-sense meant to divert attention away from the real game play problem: the then-new alliance quest.

Just imagine how much different AQ would had been if everyone had heroes that had max healing at the start of every fight? I remember during the will power (WP) good days, I looked forward to fighting the green enemies to heal myself using WP. Just imagine if you had a hero that does that on its own against every enemy AND then add WP on top of that.

In AW, every node would have deadpool even the 3-star one.

With Deadpool nerfed, the game obviously died out. This is just one of those alternate reality forums.

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 19,953 ★★★★★

You forgot about the first nerf -- Gamora. Oh wait, whining about nerfing wasn't a popular past time yet. We had to wait 5 months later for that.

Deadpool!

For those who don't remember, the Deadpool nerf was the same as Wolverine -- the healing factor was linked to power bar level. So higher power bar, faster healing. That was the nerf. Prior to the "nerf", DP had maxed healing at the start of every fight.

There were all kinds of talk of RoL and money spent in arenas or packages. Those were just non-sense meant to divert attention away from the real game play problem: the then-new alliance quest.

Just imagine how much different AQ would had been if everyone had heroes that had max healing at the start of every fight? I remember during the will power (WP) good days, I looked forward to fighting the green enemies to heal myself using WP. Just imagine if you had a hero that does that on its own against every enemy AND then add WP on top of that.

In AW, every node would have deadpool even the 3-star one.

With Deadpool nerfed, the game obviously died out. This is just one of those alternate reality forums.

I missed the first Apocalypse. I started a year late.