The Old Contest...

Comments

• Maldroit2Maldroit2 Posts: 596 ★★★
    I started when the game first came out. Simply having a 4* at that time was near impossible. But the very first phc I opened had a 4* hulk. Oh yeah, Hulk was pretty bad back then, because his furies rarely activated, and he had no stun. I remember founding an alliance on the first day you could. It was called Legion of purple avocados (don't ask why), and Literatly 3 minutes after I founded it, it was completely filled up. Also back then, featured crystals costed 175 units, and a 3* featured champ was the best pull you could get. I remember desperately grinding act 1 for units, and then pulling a 3* rocket. Shortly after the ant-man event, I got Pissed at the low progression rate and stopped playing. At the end of 2016 I decided to hop back in and have been playing ever since.
  • iRetr0iRetr0 Posts: 1,069 ★★★
    I saw wbangca in the chat lol

Who is he?
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,195 Guardian
    I started back during the Ultron event, and have been playing ever since. My first 4* was from a PHC and it was Vision. He was alright, but I still used my 3* Drax a lot more because Drax could run over enemies with his fury and bleed.
  • XxOriginalxXXxOriginalxX Posts: 1,324 ★★★
    I joined during the first Deadpool event, collosus was my four star boy! He spayed people with an sp3 and I remember constantly dueling my friends magneto and finally winning by spamming heavies against him lol
  • Afri4ColaAfri4Cola Posts: 26
    Old contest:
    I was super exited about my very first 4* 5/50 (Wolverine)

Contest now:
    I'm not opening AQ crystals, Glory Crystals, T4C shard crystals, full T4C crystals ... cus i'm not having enough gold to use the T4C ... opening those crystals may result in expiring T4 class catalysts.
  • Afri4ColaAfri4Cola Posts: 26
    Old contest:
    Tried different mastery setups. Tried different setups for more or less power index, for quests, arena, AQ etc.
    Whole player base got excited when new masteries came out.
    Collecting XP, being excited to get more mastery points

Contest now:
    Nothing at masteries since the introduction of Deep Wounds, Assasin, etc.
    That was more than a year ago.
    I'm LVL60 since quiet a while. Have changes my mastery once in the past 12 months.
  • tonyj007tonyj007 Posts: 270
    The good old days when ultron was good
  • I love this thread
  • When the legends board had winter soldier and Ronan profile pics
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,195 Guardian
    tonyj007 wrote: »
    LOL

OP
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 20,051 ★★★★★
    I joined during the first Deadpool event, collosus was my four star boy! He spayed people with an sp3 and I remember constantly dueling my friends magneto and finally winning by spamming heavies against him lol

I remember that. The feels. Lol.
  • I was on like act 2 and thought the duel ai was ssooooooooooo hard
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 20,051 ★★★★★
    Mitchell35 wrote: »
    I was on like act 2 and thought the duel ai was ssooooooooooo hard

I remember when Thanos was soooooo hard. Lol. Beat him with a 3* UC.
  • tonyj007tonyj007 Posts: 270
    edited July 2018
    i needed to rank down IIF after patch 12.0
  • Rol is all pre nerf and buffs
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    Wow the game was more enjoyable before. I remember those days where you had a balance between game and real life.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 2,759 ★★★★★
    edited July 2018
    Fond memories of 2* BB who was a cosmic mainstay on my quest team for way too long with my 3* studs...before my first 4* pull, from a PHC no less: RR.

All before masteries and so much of the clutter today...burning pots to get through the first Ant-Man quest and grab that blue-outlined catalyst (T1a) that I had no idea how to use but had to be super special...playing the Ant-Man arena like a maniac to get multiple dupes of 3* AM/YJ. If I’m not mistaken, that was mid-2015.

Good, innocent times...I miss them.

Dr. Zola
  • DOKTOROKTOPUSDOKTOROKTOPUS Posts: 947 ★★★
    Back in the day punisher and winter soldier were exactly the same (combos, specials and animations)

• DOKTOROKTOPUSDOKTOROKTOPUS Posts: 947 ★★★
    Escape2794 wrote: »
    Hey guys I started when they gave away a 2 star black widow and Hulkbuster away for free. And there were canisters and you got catalysts for duping champions.

Those champs you need it for the ultron mission, there were paths you only access with black widow lol
  • SlayerOfGodsSlayerOfGods Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    Remember fighting Ultron Bots in AQ?
    edited October 2018
    Remember fighting Ultron Bots in AQ?

Video,

g96iw9frm6b3.jpg

muxbj7aqfgtm.png
  • MrBanksMrBanks Posts: 769 ★★★
    Created my account in one of the first months the game was live. Didn’t start playing until Age of Ultron event. Taken breaks here and there but man, this game is awesome even with its pros and cons.
  • Luckylefty01Luckylefty01 Posts: 110
    I started at launch and my favorite character was 2* Black Panther. He was able to poison people was good times. Then I got stuck in act 3 chapter 1 and couldn't level up anyone I was so broke. I stopped playing, and then a year later there was alliance quest and war, I had no clue what I was doing. I stopped playing and then when I came back another year later I was still apart of that alliance until I left. I took another break only because I was playing other games until a coworker showed me his roster. He had all these 5* champs and it got me back into it.
  • CaguioaCaguioa Posts: 25
    Heyyu guys!!!

Day 1 player here, here is thread i made when i did the very 1st arena and got 3* cap america...

The link to old forum threadsa is down but here is link i made to this forum and it has alot of old pictures

I grinded for 3 days straight to get cap america and then rhino 3*,

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/15042/revisiting-my-old-account-the-first-arena-12-28-2014#latest
  • I actually love this thread
    Mitchell35 wrote: »
    I actually love this thread

If you're liking this as much as I am, you can check out the very insightful change log to see what the game was like in further detail, here: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/11/marvel-contest-of-champions-changelog/p1

😃