Summoners, we are aware of some issues currently affecting Dungeons, and possibly other parts of the game. We are working to resolve this as soon as possible, and will address the knock ons when we are sure this is all resolved.

The Old Contest...

Comments

• JayCeeJayCee Posts: 733 ★★
    I started when the game was in its earlier years around the time of Antman. I forgot what the contest looked like so I got used to the new contest quickly.
  • cx23433cx23433 Posts: 408 ★★
    I played it when it first came out my old tablet wasn't able to support it though.
  • Mitchell35 wrote: »
    I actually love this thread

If you're liking this as much as I am, you can check out the very insightful change log to see what the game was like in further detail, here: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/11/marvel-contest-of-champions-changelog/p1

😃

Oh no, I know of the change log etc, just love the nostalgia that comes with it.
  • Woody_federWoody_feder Posts: 396
    I remeber being one of the alliances selected to pilot the first aw... all that loyalty and no daily limit on the loyalty crystal.. I bought like 20+ after that first war. There was not loyalty store then that I can remeber, and when it came out I remeber thinking I'd never get to 800k twice to dupe 5* UC.
  • SlayerOfGodsSlayerOfGods Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    I remember when AW first came out they had a select few Alliances Beta Test it, mine was one of them. I have a few ally mates who still play since that day, that share this memory.
  • Ultimatesaber32Ultimatesaber32 Posts: 736 ★★
    I miss some aspects. But I think the game has improved overall
  • AngusMac279AngusMac279 Posts: 110
    I just rejoined a couple months back, a played at the beta and quit when sig stones and shards were added
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 20,827 ★★★★★
    I remember when AW first came out they had a select few Alliances Beta Test it, mine was one of them. I have a few ally mates who still play since that day, that share this memory.

Same.
  • i joined in the ultron event. on break right now, will be back for the anniversary event.
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 843 ★★★
    I remember checking it out when it was first released and I saw some promo videos for it. It was unusable then on my old device so when I upgraded in may I installed it and started playing. Experimented a lot back then started fresh in June of 2015 with the account I have now.
  • Furion17Furion17 Posts: 235
    I started when age of ultron event was running..
    We used to ping everyone in Alliance that event has started go and find ultron...
    Its a arena format and finding ultron and defeating him gives lot of points for that event.
    How many of you remember that??
    edited November 2018
    Furion17 wrote: »
    Its a arena format and finding ultron and defeating him gives lot of points for that event.
    How many of you remember that??

I think I remember that

• The_Boss9The_Boss9 Posts: 1,394 ★★★
    Remember the civil war event? That's when I took a break
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 843 ★★★
    I remeber being one of the alliances selected to pilot the first aw... all that loyalty and no daily limit on the loyalty crystal.. I bought like 20+ after that first war. There was not loyalty store then that I can remeber, and when it came out I remeber thinking I'd never get to 800k twice to dupe 5* UC.

I remember when 5* UC came out, and I said to myself I really hope I'm not playing long enough to buy UC 2x's

and yet... here I am....
  • CoBfan1987CoBfan1987 Posts: 186
    I started March 2015. Didn't get into an ally for the first month or so. Didn't get my first 4* until I beat Thanos act 3 the first time through. Think I got DD Netflix. Once I finally joined an alliance the officers/leader didn't really start at unless I requested it. I didn't really know what it was but it was the same map every day we never got out of tier 1 of the map. I struggled so hard up beat thanos the first time. I used to sell all my champs so I would only have 1 strong one from each class lol
    Back then Ultron was the aq boss and there wasn't a RoL yet. I remember doing an arena to try to get a champ. I did like 100k points and hoped that would be good enough LMAO.
    @CoBfan1987 I can relate to almost ALL of that XD
  • Vegeta9000Vegeta9000 Posts: 201 ★★
    edited November 2018
    Mcord117 wrote: »
    Updated my post with some date references

I remember beating thanos without parry using an undupped rank 2 magik well before limbo existed

Magiks rewind ability at a high sig could be really annoying seeing her regen from near enough every hit. Same as punisher at a high signature could survive on 1% hit after hit with defy pain. I started very shortly after alliances were introduced, my first 4* was Superior Ironman, then Storm, the duped Superior Ironman.

I remember thinking the game was lazy because Punisher had the same specials as Winter Soldier, and both of them had the same SP2 as Iron Fist. Back then a 3* 4/40 Unstoppable Colossus was the go to champion for AQ, as no-one really had anyone above 4* R2
  • I remember joining the game during the Guillotine and Venom EQ. Does anyone remember when exactly that was?
  • BajjsbwuqjwBajjsbwuqjw Posts: 809 ★★★
    No masteries also
  • BajjsbwuqjwBajjsbwuqjw Posts: 809 ★★★
    Remember AQ milestone 4 star UC
  • Bomber111Bomber111 Posts: 35
    MattScott wrote: »

However, it took a LONG time to get 4 stars back then. My original aq team (because they were my only duped 4*) were colossus, starlord, antman

It used to take forever to get a 4*. Now I could care less if I get one unless it’s for a synergy lol
  • ŁŤÇŁŤÇ Posts: 65
    I know I joined after the perfect block team was removed. I miss Switch, Thor, and DS...

I'll never forget wrecking ROL with just Thor. I think I took WS in 12-15 hits. You gotta love those 5 armor breaks..
  • Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 2,337 ★★★★
    When I first entered the contest,, ultron was taking over the battlerealm.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 2,891 ★★★★★
    edited November 2018
    I remember joining the game during the Guillotine and Venom EQ. Does anyone remember when exactly that was?

Memory fails me, but I can narrow it down to either Fall 2015 or 2016. I’m going to go with 2015 just because the Venom and Guilly introductions feel like a long, long time ago.

I’m thinking 2017 was Mephisto/MS/Blade and 2016 was GR and someone else in October. That leaves 2015 October.

Dr. Zola
    I remember joining the game during the Guillotine and Venom EQ. Does anyone remember when exactly that was?

October 2015