The Old Contest...

Comments

• JayCeeJayCee Posts: 733 ★★
    I started when the game was in its earlier years around the time of Antman. I forgot what the contest looked like so I got used to the new contest quickly.
  • cx23433cx23433 Posts: 401 ★★
    I played it when it first came out my old tablet wasn't able to support it though.
  • Mitchell35 wrote: »
    I actually love this thread

If you're liking this as much as I am, you can check out the very insightful change log to see what the game was like in further detail, here: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/11/marvel-contest-of-champions-changelog/p1

😃

Oh no, I know of the change log etc, just love the nostalgia that comes with it.
  • Woody_federWoody_feder Posts: 309
    I remeber being one of the alliances selected to pilot the first aw... all that loyalty and no daily limit on the loyalty crystal.. I bought like 20+ after that first war. There was not loyalty store then that I can remeber, and when it came out I remeber thinking I'd never get to 800k twice to dupe 5* UC.
  • SlayerOfGodsSlayerOfGods Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    I remember when AW first came out they had a select few Alliances Beta Test it, mine was one of them. I have a few ally mates who still play since that day, that share this memory.
  • Ultimatesaber32Ultimatesaber32 Posts: 728 ★★
    I miss some aspects. But I think the game has improved overall
  • AngusMac279AngusMac279 Posts: 100
    I just rejoined a couple months back, a played at the beta and quit when sig stones and shards were added
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 20,049 ★★★★★
    I remember when AW first came out they had a select few Alliances Beta Test it, mine was one of them. I have a few ally mates who still play since that day, that share this memory.

Same.
  • i joined in the ultron event. on break right now, will be back for the anniversary event.
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 820 ★★★
    I remember checking it out when it was first released and I saw some promo videos for it. It was unusable then on my old device so when I upgraded in may I installed it and started playing. Experimented a lot back then started fresh in June of 2015 with the account I have now.
  • Furion17Furion17 Posts: 224
    I started when age of ultron event was running..
    We used to ping everyone in Alliance that event has started go and find ultron...
    Its a arena format and finding ultron and defeating him gives lot of points for that event.
    How many of you remember that??
    edited November 2018
    Furion17 wrote: »
    Its a arena format and finding ultron and defeating him gives lot of points for that event.
    How many of you remember that??

I think I remember that

• The_Boss9The_Boss9 Posts: 1,394 ★★★
    Remember the civil war event? That's when I took a break
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 820 ★★★
    I remeber being one of the alliances selected to pilot the first aw... all that loyalty and no daily limit on the loyalty crystal.. I bought like 20+ after that first war. There was not loyalty store then that I can remeber, and when it came out I remeber thinking I'd never get to 800k twice to dupe 5* UC.

I remember when 5* UC came out, and I said to myself I really hope I'm not playing long enough to buy UC 2x's

and yet... here I am....
  • CoBfan1987CoBfan1987 Posts: 170
    I started March 2015. Didn't get into an ally for the first month or so. Didn't get my first 4* until I beat Thanos act 3 the first time through. Think I got DD Netflix. Once I finally joined an alliance the officers/leader didn't really start at unless I requested it. I didn't really know what it was but it was the same map every day we never got out of tier 1 of the map. I struggled so hard up beat thanos the first time. I used to sell all my champs so I would only have 1 strong one from each class lol
    Back then Ultron was the aq boss and there wasn't a RoL yet. I remember doing an arena to try to get a champ. I did like 100k points and hoped that would be good enough LMAO.
    @CoBfan1987 I can relate to almost ALL of that XD
  • Vegeta9000Vegeta9000 Posts: 202 ★★
    edited November 2018
    Mcord117 wrote: »
    Updated my post with some date references

I remember beating thanos without parry using an undupped rank 2 magik well before limbo existed

Magiks rewind ability at a high sig could be really annoying seeing her regen from near enough every hit. Same as punisher at a high signature could survive on 1% hit after hit with defy pain. I started very shortly after alliances were introduced, my first 4* was Superior Ironman, then Storm, the duped Superior Ironman.

I remember thinking the game was lazy because Punisher had the same specials as Winter Soldier, and both of them had the same SP2 as Iron Fist. Back then a 3* 4/40 Unstoppable Colossus was the go to champion for AQ, as no-one really had anyone above 4* R2
  • I remember joining the game during the Guillotine and Venom EQ. Does anyone remember when exactly that was?
  • BajjsbwuqjwBajjsbwuqjw Posts: 571 ★★
    No masteries also
  • BajjsbwuqjwBajjsbwuqjw Posts: 571 ★★
    Remember AQ milestone 4 star UC
  • Bomber111Bomber111 Posts: 26
    MattScott wrote: »

However, it took a LONG time to get 4 stars back then. My original aq team (because they were my only duped 4*) were colossus, starlord, antman

It used to take forever to get a 4*. Now I could care less if I get one unless it’s for a synergy lol
  • ŁŤÇŁŤÇ Posts: 45
    I know I joined after the perfect block team was removed. I miss Switch, Thor, and DS...

I'll never forget wrecking ROL with just Thor. I think I took WS in 12-15 hits. You gotta love those 5 armor breaks..
  • Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 1,965 ★★★★
    When I first entered the contest,, ultron was taking over the battlerealm.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 2,759 ★★★★★
    edited November 2018
    I remember joining the game during the Guillotine and Venom EQ. Does anyone remember when exactly that was?

Memory fails me, but I can narrow it down to either Fall 2015 or 2016. I’m going to go with 2015 just because the Venom and Guilly introductions feel like a long, long time ago.

I’m thinking 2017 was Mephisto/MS/Blade and 2016 was GR and someone else in October. That leaves 2015 October.

Dr. Zola
    I remember joining the game during the Guillotine and Venom EQ. Does anyone remember when exactly that was?

October 2015