**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

The Beginners Discussion

There are a lot of really good players in contest of champions whose talent kind of goes unrecognized, espescially players who have just started. So, whether it’s alliances or playing strategies, all beginners should feel free to discuss in the comments. We beginners should work together so we can each become the best players we possibly can.

Comments

• Options
    DizzyDizzy Posts: 236 ★★
    I started over Thanksgiving 2017! What kind of advice were you thinking?

The main things that helped me in my first 3 months:

1) If you're going to be serious about the game, grind arena NOW. It's a surefire way to get ~5-10 really solid 4* champs (depending on who is in the arena schedule when you sign up).

The first two months are the easiest months to crush the arenas, and it's how I got my Star-Lord, Stark Spidey, Archangel, and Void (four critical parts of my Uncollected team). Now that I'm in the veteran arena, I don't grind nearly as hard and just do enough to get the shards from Rank Rewards.

2) Unless you spend hundreds on this game, STOP BUYING CRYSTALS. I definitely spent units on crystals when I should have focused on masteries or energy or arena refreshes. It's really easy to see this advice and ignore it, but I can't stress it enough.

I've never pulled a champ from a PHC that was good enough to carry me through content. All of my champs I use these days are from the arena grind, or from 4*/5* shard crystals that were earned the hard way (clearing content, AW, etc.)

3) Don't back down from the hard fights. The more time you spend against the "death squads" in Arena, or pushing on Master monthly quests, the more approachable Act 5 will be.

Uncollected is hard, but doable, even in the first ~3-4 months. The worst thing you can do is convince yourself you aren't ready to take it on!
  • Options
    DizzyDizzy Posts: 236 ★★
    edited February 2018
    Good call, mate! What's your story? I started playing late November, 2017 and I don't think I'm getting the most out of the Alliance side of the game yet (mine is in Tier 13-14 and I get 4* shards weekly, but I probably should be doing more here).

I bought the $1 crystal and also a couple thousand 5* shards over Christmas as a moment of weakness, but otherwise haven't been spending on the game. Recently became uncollected and also did an initial clear of the monthly uncollected quest for the shards.

The best advice I got early on:

1. Grind the arenas. If you're serious about the game, you NEED to take advantage of the fact that you can basically get and dupe ~5-10 free 4* champions if you grind to ~800k-1.5m points.

Sure, there's some luck involved regarding how good the featured champs are, but this is so, so important. I have Star-Lord, Stark Spidey, Void, and Archangel from my grind.

2. No seriously, stop buying crystals. Get your champs through arena, and by earning your 4* and 5* shards the hard way.

I've legitimately never opened a PHC that had a champion I still use in my questing. The odds are just so slim there that you'd pull a 4*, let alone one that has true utility / power. People say this all the time but it's still so tempting to ignore them... but seriously, it's a big mistake.

3. Don't shy away from the hard fights. Try to take down the death squads in Arena with >3x your PI. Stretch yourself on the Master event quest.

Getting Uncollected is hard, but definitely possible, in the first ~3-4 months - but you'll never do it if you keep backing down from a fight with a 10k Ultron!

• Options
    :):D
  • Options
    How do control your hero
  • Options
    I started playing contest on January first 2018 after I made a bet with my nine year old cousin that I could be at a higher level in the game within four weeks. I did end up winning the bet, but in the time I spent playing I started to really like the game and began playing it more. My strategy is to save up your units for mastery cores to get parry and dexterity. I also agree with Dizzy on the fact that should do a lot of arena and that you shouldn’t buy crystals. I recently bought the sekhmet crystal in a time of weakness but, to be fair, I did get a three star hulk ragnarok. I recently placed in the top 10% in the step into the spotlight arena and the rewards of playing arena are far greater than using units to buy crystals. I have not spent one penny on the game yet and I plan to get my first four star crystal on Tuesday night (a shard crystal).
  • Options
    What r like the char crystals do and the character whatever's I dnt have it up, like 4 star char crystal, not the shards to buy
  • Options
    And other items I may not fully understand, lol 25, no 4 stars....qlot of mystic chars, no selection. Gonna spend maybe 20$ wanna no what up