**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Reduce excess processing (that leads to lagging) by adding Option Setting for "Static 2D Background"

Game lags too much (iPad 4th Gen, which was before the iPad Air's), which happens even more against certain opponents (HowardDuck comes to mind), certain fight scenes with heavy animation, and when there are a lot of node buffs, etc, that requires extra processing. Also seems to lag on the very first hit nowadays almost all the time, so you have to wait and see if you actually parried the opponent at the very beginning.
** ONE SOLUTION to lagging would be having an Option Setting that would Turn Off all the background scene animation and 3D relative effects, and just have the background scene be a static field (although it would still pan left/right as you move backward/forward).
You could turn off the effects that make it 3D looking with all the changes to perception, as well as the flying ships, scrolling "wanted" signs for rocket/groot, fluids bubbling in the laboratory, etc.
I'm sure this would greatly help on older devices that don't have the processing speed to keep up with all the "bells and whistles" during the fights. Thanks.

Comments

• Has anyone at Kabam ever considered this "Static Fight Background" idea, which would be a "processor-friendly" option for those having bad lagging during fights ???
  • 4Never4Never Posts: 84
    edited November 2018
    I'd use it if it reduced or eliminated lag. At times, I thought that lag occurred more during the background animations, or when backing the defender near the walls, which seems to trigger more lighting effects at some places.

Something else I've noticed, is that I only get fight lag on or after a particular AI level. Like LOL, or uncollected EQ AI seems to cause significant or more frequent lag occurrences my Galaxy S7. The more the AI is cycling it's decisions (?), arms moving up and down, the more frequent I get lag. The arms moving up and down don't cause the lag, it just gives me an indication of how rapid/complex the AI is running, and the frequency of lag increases, disrupting my moves/evades.

On easier difficulty areas, I don't experience lag at all from what I can tell.