**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Which arena crystal is better for gold and units?

the normal arena crystal or uncollected arena crystal?

Comments

• beyonder8421beyonder8421 Posts: 881 ★★★
    I am starting to believe the only difference between the two is the Punisher.
  • Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    Normal
    Been opening a few of the regular arena crystal. It seems like the most common reward is 3000 gold, so, opening 5 of those could give you the same common reward than the uncollected arena crystal, 15,000.

But, for every crystal you open, there is a chance to get more, and you only have one chance with the uncollected one (10,000 bc = 1 UAC = 5 AC).

It's a gamble basically, because you could get units instead of gold and you would get less gold in total (but getting units in the UAC is quite good).

In the end, I think there are better chances opening more crystals, so the regular arena crystal is probably more satisfactory most of the time.

Any thoughts?
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    I’ve been collecting data, 80 of each crystal so far. The only slight difference between the two is 10k gold and 3k gold.

I need more samples to draw a proper conclusion but there’s no reason to suspect the odds are different.
    So the main difference is Punisher?
    So the main difference is Punisher?

Yep, no punishers from either as of yet but the reason people seem to dislike uncollected is that when you have good luck it’s awesome, but when you have bad luck it’s worse. If you put it on a scale of 10 to -10 where 0 is indifferent then getting units is about a 5, and not getting units is a -10.

There’s been studies that people are more twice as likely to tell others about bad experience than good. And studies that people remember the bad in much greater detail than good. So you remember getting 10 lots of gold from crystals, but you don’t remember getting 3 lots of units (which based on my data is pretty good, considering I get units 10% of the time).

That’s why people seem to think uncollected are worse, and when you add in the fact that uncollected have been added after everyone’s got used to the arena crystal, people are instantly cynical about them. That’s just the way this community is.
    edited March 2018
    Edit-Double post
    Well, I got and duped my 4* punisher on the UAC. And I do appreciate the 225 units every now and then. But when all I need is gold, I don't think it is very helpful.

Perhaps the main reason to creating this crystal was for that chance to get 5* punisher. We'll see once they reveal the drop rates if it is worthy or not.
    Well, I got and duped my 4* punisher on the UAC. And I do appreciate the 225 units every now and then. But when all I need is gold, I don't think it is very helpful.

Perhaps the main reason to creating this crystal was for that chance to get 5* punisher. We'll see once they reveal the drop rates if it is worthy or not.

When all you need is gold, then it’s irrelvant which crystal you go for. Arena and uncollected have the same odds for gold, except you might get an extra 5*, and more likely to dupe your punisher again
    There is one difference.

With UAC you gamble once to get a good chunk of gold.
    With AC you gamble multiple times to get a good chunk of gold, so you may have more chances to be lucky with it.

If you are already compiling data on these crystals, you may be able to find something related to this. It takes less effort to gamble on the AC.
  • Well, I got and duped my 4* punisher on the UAC. And I do appreciate the 225 units every now and then. But when all I need is gold, I don't think it is very helpful.

You think we will get drop rates for this crystals??? I didn't think we would.
    Birdofprey wrote: »

You think we will get drop rates for this crystals??? I didn't think we would.

Well, they said that it would apply to crystals on the crystal vault and that is where you can purchase it. Also battle chips are a form of currency.

Not sure what that tooltip will say in this case though, it may just say Gold, and not specify which amount.
  • G-Hun-GearG-Hun-Gear Posts: 1,440 ★★★★
    Simple answer: If you are hunting for gold and units, then go with the regular arena crystal. If you are hunting for 4* or 5* punisher, then go with the uncollected arena crystal.

Reason:
    The amount of gold and units that you can get from an uncollected arena crystal is exactly 5x as much as you would get from a regular crystal. And the drop rates are the same... So if, for example, the drop rate for getting 3k gold in the regular crystal is 90%, then the drop rate for getting 15k gold in the uncollected one is 90% as well. This has been stated officially when the uncollected crystals were introduced and the community has proven this to be accurate (just watch some of those 1 million battle chips openings from before and after the uncollected crystals were introduced).

BUT: If you get "lucky" and pull a 4* punisher from an uncollected arena crystal, then you've just spent 10k battlechips on a champion. If you pull a 3* or 4* punisher from the regular arena crystal, you have only spent 2k battlechips on the champion, the remaining 8k battlechips can be spent on 4 more regular arena crystals and grant mor gold and units.

So conclusion:
    Regular arena crystals are better for gold and units.
    Uncollected arena crystals are better for Punisher.
    Sorry they just said that only crystals that can be acquired with units or money will show drop rates, so these crystals are not included.