**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Q for the Devs: why Stark's prestige lower than Blade?

KarinshiKarinshi Posts: 280 ★★
even though Starks needs much higher skill level to master?
the trend used to be either high prestige+ mediocre champ (e.g. Phoenix) or mediocre prestige + strong champ (e.g. Wolverine)
what have changed?
btw, I'm not asking for a nerf, just want to know what was the reason behind this phenomenal that caused leaderboard to has so many Blades as a profile pic!
P.S.: this is the main reason why every single day we see a post talking about Blade nerf

Comments

• Options
    CrusherCrusher Posts: 305
    edited March 2018
    Karinshi wrote: »
    the trend used to be either high prestige+ mediocre champ (e.g. Phoenix) or mediocre prestige + strong champ (e.g. Wolverine)
    what have changed?
    btw, I'm not asking for a nerf, just want to know what was the reason behind this phenomenal that caused leaderboard to has so many Blades as a profile pic!
    P.S.: this is the main reason why every single day we see a post talking about Blade nerf[/quote
    .most of the people rank up blade to r5 that is the main reason u can see him ...at top of profiles of many players....
    He is not worthy... He is trash....
    Buff blade###
  • Options
    Crusher wrote: »
    Karinshi wrote: »
    what have changed?
    P.S.: this is the main reason why every single day we see a post talking about Blade nerf[/quote
    .most of the people rank up blade to r5 that is the main reason u can see him ...at top of profiles of many players....
    He is not worthy... He is trash....
    Buff blade###

yes, they should buff him :wink: , on a side note though, you will see what I know when people will have enough resources to r5 2 or 3 champions, he will STILL be the profile pic due to his high prestige
  • Options
    UltimatheoryUltimatheory Posts: 520 ★★★
    The only reason is probably because Blade came out later than SS. Just the general trend of new champ release. I sometimes wonder if the devs know exactly how powerful a champ will be in a certain meta before they release them and so prestige seems arbitrary if they can't guess correctly.

As for Blade being easier to use than SS... that's really dependent on the opponent. SS has many matchups and or nodes I would far prefer to bring him over Blade.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    The only reason is probably because Blade came out later than SS. Just the general trend of new champ release. I sometimes wonder if the devs know exactly how powerful a champ will be in a certain meta before they release them and so prestige seems arbitrary if they can't guess correctly.

As for Blade being easier to use than SS... that's really dependent on the opponent. SS has many matchups and or nodes I would far prefer to bring him over Blade.

oh hi there Ultima,
    for the question, probably this is the exact reason (which was a fetal mistake IMHO) and not only for Stark vs Blade , but for Blade vs All

And as for mastering the champ, what I meant was : to play with low risk to die, for example:
    for Stark > one failed evade = 50-100% of your HP is gone (and his auto evade some times cause you to get killed if it happened while trying to build poise charges )
    for Blade > you don't have to worry about blocked hit (or even direct hit) because you can heal back (most) of it :smile:
  • Options
    ThatweirdguyThatweirdguy Posts: 675 ★★★
    I'll never understand why Kabam chooses to keep prestige numbers a mystery. They are important to the game and it is silly that players have to rely on third parties to compile this info. So you probably won't get an official answer to your question.
  • Options
    wSWeaponXwSWeaponX Posts: 366 ★★
    edited March 2018
    He takes more skill to use when the kid has an auto Evade. Yeah OK.
  • Options
    wSWeaponX wrote: »
    He takes more skill to use when the kid has an (63%) auto Evade(on special). Yeah OK.
    :wink:
  • Options
    I'll never understand why Kabam chooses to keep prestige numbers a mystery. They are important to the game and it is silly that players have to rely on third parties to compile this info. So you probably won't get an official answer to your question.

we can only hope for the best :smiley:
  • Options
    MarzGrooveMarzGroove Posts: 903 ★★★
    The real question is why Blade's prestige higher than Stark.
  • Options
    Solrac_2Solrac_2 Posts: 497 ★★
    His prestige is lower than Blades because he is better than Blade.
  • Options
    DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    Prestige Wars is dead, long live AW Seasons