**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Hyperion or Starlord

Who would you awaken first? Both at r4. I have more cosmic 4tcc but Hyperion feels like he may gain less than SL when awakened, so I could wait for him. I already have RR duped and at r5 so I'm not as desperate for a tech champ. I ranked down all my cosmic champs after 12 cause they sucked (gamora) while I could.

Comments

• geoff78geoff78 Posts: 219 ★★
    Star Lord becomes top tier once duped. Hyperion becomes just a little better imho. I'd do Star Lord.
  • Troyster316Troyster316 Posts: 51
    Just got more complicated, I duped Drax just before taking an unduped Hyperion to r5. Would Drax now be a better choice? I have deep wounds at level 4 also.
  • LoganLogan Posts: 143 ★★
    you need a good amount of stones for star lord depends on where you are at in the game too
  • NikskiniNikskini Posts: 237
    I'll awaken Starlord he's best when duped his attack increases base on combo meter per hit :)
  • MacMac Posts: 8
    I assume you are talking 4* here.
    In my opionion Hyp is much better than SL as a 4*, if you want to do a lab run though you need SL and you can do it with a 4*, but you would need him to be highly duped to get much benefit. In general fights such as questing or arena, you don't get the full benefit out of SL because fights don't last long enough.
    If you run map 6 or poison paths on map 5 then Hyperion is very handy. His signature ability increases his regeneration, but the part that is most useful is it allows you to stack more fury and do mega damage very quickly.
    So I guess it comes down to what you need either one for. But aside from Lab, I think Hyperion is more useful in more parts of the game.
  • FuzzylumpsFuzzylumps Posts: 116
    edited May 2017
    Like mentioned above - depends on your current requirement.
    If you need a strong AQ/AW champ Hyperion is really good ! The poison immunity is also a big +.
    But if you intend on clearing say RoL/LoL - I'd say SL. Awakening SL makes him a beast if you can reach high combos
  • DLegendDLegend Posts: 745 ★★★
    Star Lord. Because you will need him in harder content. Compared to Hyperion, he is better for AW.

Gamora isn't that bad, i use her in AW for quick kills. I don't understand why you rank her down.
  • RbvojtikRbvojtik Posts: 113
    Mac wrote: »
    I assume you are talking 4* here.
    In my opionion Hyp is much better than SL as a 4*, if you want to do a lab run though you need SL and you can do it with a 4*, but you would need him to be highly duped to get much benefit. In general fights such as questing or arena, you don't get the full benefit out of SL because fights don't last long enough.
    If you run map 6 or poison paths on map 5 then Hyperion is very handy. His signature ability increases his regeneration, but the part that is most useful is it allows you to stack more fury and do mega damage very quickly.
    So I guess it comes down to what you need either one for. But aside from Lab, I think Hyperion is more useful in more parts of the game.

I'm just going to second this post. You get two very different things from these two champs, and it comes down to what you want/need.

Hyperion is a lot more versatile. He can be used effectively on either offense or AW Defense. With power gain he is able to crank out so many specials, which means a lot of damage. Meanwhile, SL is one of the best offensive champs in the game. Again, really just depends on what you want/need.
  • RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
    If you are using for attack I might go SL if you already have RR. They have synergy together as well.
    DLegend wrote: »
    Star Lord. Because you will need him in harder content. Compared to Hyperion, he is better for AW.

Gamora isn't that bad, i use her in AW for quick kills. I don't understand why you rank her down.

I took down Gamora because I liked fighting with Drax better after the 12.0 update!
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    Why people come up with this type of ignorant questions, SL is the best champ in the game.
    CapWW2 wrote: »
    Why people come up with this type of ignorant questions, SL is the best champ in the game.

Excuse me for insulting your intelligence you all knowing putz. It turns out I awakened SL and I already regret it! It turns out I should have waited until I had more Tech stones, which by the way some of the more helpful responders had suggested.

• bhuv9191bhuv9191 Posts: 247 ★★
    For long fights like ROL/LOL, SL is most needed.. But AQ maps with poison immunity and if you finish the fight soon, use hyperion... Stack 10 or more furies and do a L2/L3.. the fight will end soon...
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    CapWW2 wrote: »

Excuse me for insulting your intelligence you all knowing putz. It turns out I awakened SL and I already regret it! It turns out I should have waited until I had more Tech stones, which by the way some of the more helpful responders had suggested.

Some people have finish LOL with 4 star SL level 20
  • Mr_WiffMr_Wiff Posts: 244
    My star lord is rank 5 with only 20 dupe levels he clears whole paths on War and AQ. Hyperion is a very could champ and I admit that he is far more versatile and fun to use but he does not need the dupe to be good. Stick at it with Star Lord he will pay off, the more you do solo events the more sig stones you will get.