CHAMPION SPOTLIGHT - SABRETOOTH

edited March 28 in General Discussion
Victor Creed, Wolverine's half-brother, is better known by the codename "Sabretooth". Like Wolverine, Sabretooth possesses rapid regeneration and enhanced senses, but contrary to Wolverine, Sabretooth embraces the more savage qualities of his mutation. He is a vicious assassin, responsible for numerous deaths as a mercenary, and sometimes, for his own pleasure.

Base Stats & Abilities
*All stats based on 4-Star, Rank 5, Level 50, Signature Level 99

Health: 16572
Attack: 1047
Max PI:
- Without Signature: 3822
- With Signature (99): 4699

*All stats based on 5-Star, Rank 5, Level 65, Signature Level 200

Health: 33227
Attack: 2098
Max PI:
- Without Signature: 7690
- With Signature (200): 10510

Character Class: Mutant

Basic Abilities: Cold Immunity, Persistent Charge, Fury, Bleed

Passive:
- Sabretooth can withstand incredibly cold temperatures, providing him Immunity to Cold Damage like Coldsnap and Frost Bite.

Persistent Charge:
- At the start of the fight, if Sabretooth has a Persistent Charge, he consumes one, re-activating all of his Fury effects that were active at the end of his last fight as permanent Passive Fury effects.
- At the start of the fight, if Sabretooth has 0 Persistent Charges, he will randomly receive between 3 and 6 Persistent Charges.

Developer Note: Sabretooth is all about building up damage over multiple fights and will be really good against bosses. Any active Fury effects will be reactivated as passive effects in the next fight if you have a Persistent Charge. This means, if you have 10 passive Permanent Fury effects and 1 temporary Fury Buff active at the end of the fight, Sabretooth will have 11 Fury effects in the next fight as passive Permanent effects.

All Attacks:
- Every 10 hits on Sabretooth’s or 5 hits on the opponent’s Combo Meters, Sabretooth gains a Fury. Against Skill Champions, Sabretooth also inflicts an Armor Break if he is attacking, reducing the opponents Armor Rating by 500 for 10 seconds.
Fury increases Attack Rating by 261 for 5 seconds.

Passive:
- Dodging back and allowing Sabretooth to idle for 1 second allows him to convert a temporary Fury Buff into a permanent passive effect.
- Sabretooth can convert a maximum of 5 permanent Passive Fury effects in a fight. Fury effects from previous fights do not count towards this limitation.
- Sabretooth cannot convert his passive Fury effects while fighting if he has 15 or more permanent passive Fury effects active.

Special Attacks:
- 60% chance to inflict Bleed, dealing 837 Direct Damage over 8 seconds.

Special 1: Bloodthirsty - Sabretooth ferociously jumps towards the opponent to unleash a series of vicious claw attacks.
Converts his temporary Fury Buffs into permanent Fury Passives.

Special 2: Ferocious Throw - Sabretooth throws boulders at the opponent before pouncing forward for the knockdown.
Activates a Fury effect and immediately converts it to a Passive effect, increasing Attack Rating by 157 permanently.

Special 3: Hunter’s Onslaught - Sabretooth’s viciousness does not stop when the opponent is down, it stops when they are defeated.
Gains a Fury Buff, increasing Attack Rating by 471 for 2 seconds.

Developer Note: Sabretooth’s Special 3 Fury has a very short duration but is extremely powerful! Finish fights with his Special 3 Attack to guarantee having this Fury effect in the next fight.

Signature Ability: Untamed Heart - Sabretooth gains Passive Regeneration stacks when struck by the opponent.

When Attacked
- Sabretooth gains a Passive Regeneration stack that recovers 20-60% of the damage taken from the hit over 30 seconds and is interrupted if Sabretooth is Heal Blocked.
- Fury and Regeneration effects receive a permanent +60-100% flat Ability Accuracy.
If Sabretooth does not hit or get struck by the opponent for more than 5 seconds, he starts losing Regeneration stacks over time.

Synergy Bonuses:
Developer Note: Sabretooth’s ability kit is focused on building up his Attack and his synergies are designed to provide him some utility.

Untamed Force with Old Man Logan (Unique)
- Sabretooth: 20% chance for his low-kick first Medium Attack to be Unblockable. Additionally, If the opponent activates an unstoppable effect as a result of this attack, it expires instantly.
- Old Man Logan: +120% Regeneration Rate when hitting opponents.

Developer Note: Sabretooth’s bonus is really good versus Killmonger, and it eventually allows you to start a combo by just trying to hit the opponent’s block.

Decimation with Scarlet Witch, Magneto and Magneto (Marvel NOW) (Unique)
- Sabretooth, Scarlet Witch, Magneto: Starts the fight with a Fury Buff against Mutant Champions, granting +15% Attack Rating.

Developer Note: At the end of the fight, Sabretooth will bring this Fury as a passive effect in the next fight if he has Persistent Charges. Hunt those Mutants in order to build up even more damage!

No Mercy with Black Panther, Black Panther (Civil War) and Killmonger (Unique)
- Sabretooth: Inflicting a Debuff reduces the opponent’s Ability Accuracy by 100% for 0.7 seconds.
Black Panthers, Black Panther (Civil War), Killmonger: +30% Power Rate when hitting opponents that are suffering from a Debuff.

Developer Note: This synergy will allow Sabretooth to deal with Black Panther (Civil War)’s Reflect Stun! Also, when going against Champions like Kingpin, Agent Venom and Crossbones, they won’t Purify the Debuffs inflicted by Sabretooth.

Nemesis with Wolverine
- All Champions gain +6% Attack.

Recommended Masteries:

Glass Cannon, Greater Strength, Enhanced Fury
- All Masteries that enhances Attack Rating will be extremely useful when using Sabretooth. Sabretooth is able to activate multiple Fury effects, which will also increase his Bleed damage.

Deep Wounds
- Sabretooth’s Special Attacks have a chance to inflict Bleed. When Sabretooth is all charged up with multiple Fury effects, his Bleed damage will also be higher. Having Deep Wounds will make that Bleed damage even more effective.

Extended Fury
- The Fury bonus on Sabretooth’s Special 3 Attack has a very short duration, making it extremely hard to convert it to a permanent passive effect. With this Mastery, players should be able to have more time to convert it, possibly bringing multiple Special 3 Furies into the next fight.

Strengths:

Iceman
- Sabretooth is immune to Cold Damage, making him a very good counter to Ice Man’s Coldsnap and Frost Bite effects.

Crossbones, Kingpin, Agent Venom, Black Panther (Civil War)
- When the “No Mercy” synergy with Black Panther and Killmonger is active, Sabretooth is able to prevent those opponents from shrugging off his Debuffs. Also, Black Panther (Civil War) won’t be able to reflect Sabretooth’s Stun Debuffs.

Alliance Quests
- Equipped with Regeneration and Fury, Sabretooth is great in Alliance Quests. He will be able to build up his Fury effects and effectively deal with bosses when his Fury effects are at their maximum potential.

Weaknesses:

Guillotine, Doctor Octopus, Void, Civil Warrior
- Sabretooth’s Signature Ability allows him to Regenerate a lot of damage that was inflicted to him. Opponents with Heal Block or Reverse Healing effects are Sabretooth’s main weakness.

Long Buildup Time
- Sabretooth has the potential to deal a lot of damage, but requires at least 3 fights in order to build up to his maximum potential.
Post edited by Kabam Vydious on

Comments

• charaderdude2charaderdude2 Posts: 1,496
    Wait,So the OML synergy,Does his normal healing(passive) and node healing (life transfer) increase by the given percentage?
    edited March 28
    Uh-huh,Seems promising!
  • will-o-wispwill-o-wisp Posts: 4,677
    Does the synergy with OML allows him to regen more from all healing sources or just his passive regen?
    Does the synergy with OML allows him to regen more from all healing sources or just his passive regen?

'Xactly what I asked,He could get to OG wolverine levels of healing if all sources were affected,which,is a good thing.
  • HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 620
    “Alliance Missions” is that a mistype or the new game mode coming?
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 200
    What is the attack rating increase for the permanent passive furies?
  • ImranImran Posts: 212
    edited March 28
    Awesome fury ability but his regeneration will be useless. U need to get hit to activate his regeneration, also it regan only 20-60% damage taken from opponent! Very useless sig ability for attack team. Also Don't understand how his regeneration will help in alliance !!
  • Dok_HolidayDok_Holiday Posts: 23
    “Alliance Missions” is that a mistype or the new game mode coming?

Alliance mission is in kabam’s transformer game. So this is likely a typo unless They will have a crossover game soon haha
  • FrnkieloFrnkielo Posts: 69
    @Kabam Vydious please explain the signature ability regarding regen and fury ability accuracy..does this increase the potency of both or the time of both.
  • ScottryanScottryan Posts: 309
    If he starts a fight without persistent charges will he lose all of his fury buffs and have to start his build-up over or will he consume one of the new persistent charges that he gains when he has 0
  • Does the synergy with OML allows him to regen more from all healing sources or just his passive regen?

'Xactly what I asked,He could get to OG wolverine levels of healing if all sources were affected,which,is a good thing.

It'll be all sources of healing. :)

It'll be all sources of healing. :)

Now that's what I want to hear!
  • “Alliance Missions” is that a mistype or the new game mode coming?

Alliance mission is in kabam’s transformer game. So this is likely a typo unless They will have a crossover game soon haha

What they said! That was a mistype on my part. Apologies!
  • ScottryanScottryan Posts: 309
    Are the numbers for his fury buffs for the 4* or 5*
  • will-o-wispwill-o-wisp Posts: 4,677
    So OML just became more powerful with the suicide masteries ...
    Does the 3-star Sabretooth have this synergy with him?
  • McocBladeMcocBlade Posts: 13
    why no sabretooth for content creators, it arrives early
  • WRIRWRIR Posts: 28
    Frnkielo wrote: »
    @Kabam Vydious please explain the signature ability regarding regen and fury ability accuracy..does this increase the potency of both or the time of both.

I agree. What exactly does the Flat Ability accuracy increase do because his abilities don't rely on chance?
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 473
    Kiryu wrote: »
    bguew3dyenbo.jpeg
    “ not a villain”

He's an assassin not a villain
  • HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 620
    WRIR wrote: »

I agree. What exactly does the Flat Ability accuracy increase do because his abilities don't rely on chance?

I think it just means the opponent can’t reduce the chance of regen/fury happening like a Gwenpool or Voodoo could with ability accuracy reduction.

I think it just means the opponent can’t reduce the chance of regen/fury happening like a Gwenpool or Voodoo could with ability accuracy reduction.

Oh. Thank you. That's kind of disappointing. But from what I read the fury and the regen is not reliant on chance. How would ability accuracy affect him in the first place?(If it does, sorr cause I never really met a sitatuation where I accuracy decreased a champ with no % chance in the first place.

Oh. Thank you. That's kind of disappointing. But from what I read the fury and the regen is not reliant on chance. How would ability accuracy affect him in the first place?(If it does, sorr cause I never really met a sitatuation where I accuracy decreased a champ with no % chance in the first place.

“Not reliant on chance” is 100% accuracy in the background, I assume. The interplay still needs to be worked out for the player or it’s going to get messy with 100% or higher effects competing.
    Scottryan wrote: »
    Are the numbers for his fury buffs for the 4* or 5*

4 star, I believe. It says the numbers are for 4 *, lev 50, sig 99.
  • PaytoPlayPaytoPlay Posts: 582
    Will Sabretooth trigger regen on a power shield node in AW? The description said he gains a Passive Regeneration stack that recovers 20-60% of the damage taken from the hit over 30 seconds .... If no damage is taken when he is under attack...I assume he will also not regen ?
  • csexton00csexton00 Posts: 31
    So the game is going by the worse X-Man movie they made instead of the comics and claiming Wolverine and Sabertooth are brothers? In the comics Logan's brother is Dog Logan and they have had Dog and Victor meet one another so they aren't the same person.
    Any answers on the permanent attack increase? Are they all the same or dependent on the value of the fury that was converted?
  • Umm... Ok
  • FrnkieloFrnkielo Posts: 69
    @Kabam Vydious can u please clarify the ability accuracy regarding fury and regen please
  • Batty_NumppoBatty_Numppo Posts: 230
    @Kabam Vydious can u please clarify the ability accuracy regarding fury and regen please

I think the ability accuracy means that he has a very high chance to activate his furies and regens even against champs that reduce his ability accuracy. So even if you’re fighting a CB with 4 furies and he hits you, you’ll still get furies, regen. But I would like this confirmed.
  • Any answers on the permanent attack increase? Are they all the same or dependent on the value of the fury that was converted?

The Passive Fury Effects that he gets will vary in strength based on the Fury that was converted. This is part of why it is so advantageous to finish a fight with his Special 3, for instance. It gives him a potent Fury that, if timed right, can become a potent permanent Passive Fury Effect in later fights.