**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Suggestion for season 2 AW (not a blade nerf post)

PaytoPlayPaytoPlay Posts: 762 ★★★
We all know the holy Trinity had been shaking the MCOC game community and there are so many threads from blade haters that call for nerfs or blade fans that try to defend with `blade is not the solution for everything`.

No one complains about blade in quest, LOL, even AQ. Majority of Ppls only complain about the the Trinity team in alliance war because it separate the have and have not. Kabam is obviously not helping by fueling it with aggressive season rewards.

What can we change here? Is simple and the solution already here. Blade, GR and SS are all heros. Why can't we have nodes that counters hero? This is not new and kabam already have a node that makes `villain gains absolute power but hero gains none`. Yes blade still got his danger sense and SS can still power through some nodes, and yes ppls can switch GR out for mephisto.. But the idea is legit.

What if there's a node that will have villain generate 200% more power against hero and hero do not gain power? What if there's a node that will reduce ability accuracy if hero is used. What about additional benefit effects if villains are used? I am sure kabam can think of more creative ways... Maybe.

Just need to spam this factor into a few AW nodes and everyone is happy. No nerf and promote diversity at the same time.

Comments

• Options
    Wouldn't that be detrimental to ALL #Heros ?!?
  • Options
    DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    edited April 2018
    - Spectre nodes would make all Blade fights like LOL Daredevil Netflix fights
    - Adding a node that nullifies attack team synergies could have interesting effects on AW
    - Act 5.2 introduced nodes that benefit villains and disadvantage heroes, though Blade/GR synergy might counter those
    - Newer champions have re-emphasized the importance of AW defender placement. Magik used to be a nightmare, enter Archangel and then Blade. Same for Dormammau, enter Blade and then Gladiator Hulk. Medusa and MODOK had brief reigns because of their auto-block, then players realized Morningstar wrecks Medusa and champions like Crossbones wrecks auto-block. Players complain about specific champions being OP but releasing newer champions as answers to existing champions is a much better strategy than nerfing existing champions.
  • Options
    So....not a Nerf Blade Post, but a Nerf Blade Through Nodes Post? Lol.

Well I see a huge blade fan here. I guess any node that is not benefiting danger sense is a nerf to you.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    PaytoPlay wrote: »

Well I see a huge blade fan here. I guess any node that is not benefiting danger sense is a nerf to you.

I'm not a Blade fan. He's not even in my Offense lineup. Lol. I'm just not a fan of altering the War schematic for one efficient Champ.
  • Options
    Wouldn't that be detrimental to ALL #Heros ?!?

Yes and no difference from how poison/bleed nodes will be detrimental to all non poison champs or non bleed champs.
  • Options
    - Adding a node that nullifies attack team synergies could have interesting effects on AW
    - Act 5.2 introduced nodes that benefit villains and disadvantage heroes, though Blade/GR synergy might counter those
    - Newer champions have re-emphasized the importance of AW defender placement. Magik used to be a nightmare, enter Archangel and then Blade. Same for Dormammau, enter Blade and then Gladiator Hulk. Medusa and MODOK had brief reigns because of their auto-block, then players realized Morningstar wrecks Medusa and champions like Crossbones wrecks auto-block. Players complain about specific champions being OP but releasing newer champions as answers to existing champions is a much better strategy than nerfing existing champions.

Spectre is a great example... Where is that in AW?
  • Options

I'm not a Blade fan. He's not even in my Offense lineup. Lol. I'm just not a fan of altering the War schematic for one efficient Champ.

Well... A node counter (that already exist btw ) is better than nerfing a champion for most especially I agree with most player that blade isn't as op as the 12.0 champs. Map needs to evolve based on new champs otherwise why do you think sentinels are joining AQ?
  • Options
    VizardVizard Posts: 71
    I think they could fix the whole blade thing by making Carnage have the Blade equivalent but for heroes, and boost his bleed. So carnage gets massive def ability reduction when facing heroes. Then Carnage can be an anti-blade defender and a great attacker.

Then they can boost Venom similarly, but make him hit like SL+Stark combined.

Then, Santa will win me the lottery.
  • Options
    HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★

Spectre is a great example... Where is that in AW?

Spectre is a debuff that triggers willpower so anyone with willpower would automatically be degening .5% per second (outside robots). It would be a much greater hindrance to other champs with regen than Blade, since you can just choose not use Blade's regen.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★

Well... A node counter (that already exist btw ) is better than nerfing a champion for most especially I agree with most player that blade isn't as op as the 12.0 champs. Map needs to evolve based on new champs otherwise why do you think sentinels are joining AQ?

I don't think a Node change or a nerf are necessary. Just because there's a Champ that's efficient doesn't mean the game needs to be altered.
  • Options
    XFA_RebootedXFA_Rebooted Posts: 1,048 ★★★
    Question about the title:
    How does nerfing Blade relate to AW season 2?
  • Options
    BornBorn Posts: 228 ★★
    All they need to do in season 2 is find a way to stop account sharing. At least then it will be a fair contest for all.

War itself and the champs are otherwise fine. Cheating is the real issue.