**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Could someone please explain when/how Bishop's synergy with Psylocke benefits you?

ESFESF Posts: 1,944 ★★★★★
Hi, folks. Just as the thread title indicates -- I am hopeful someone can explain what matchups or nodes or scenarios you would want to use them together, if anyone has figured it out yet.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,242 ★★★★★
    edited April 2018
    So it locks them from using Specials after a Bar fills, at least for the duration of the Timer. It's useful for Fights where they fire off their Special as soon as they gain Power.
  • ESFESF Posts: 1,944 ★★★★★
    So it locks them from using Specials after a Bar fills, at least for the duration of the Timer. It's useful for Fights where they fire off their Special as soon as they gain Power.

Thanks for the response! Appreciate it.

• Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★

I'm not sure that's it. Nothing in the description states that it prevents them from using specials. The text reads:

Opponents are Petrified for 1 second after they fill a bar of power, reducing their Regeneration and Power Gain effectiveness by 90%

This could be a benefit for Psylocke. When she hits the enemy with an L1 and the power drain drops them below a power threshold (i.e. change the power bar color from orange to green or from green to gray), she'll instantly gain a full bar of power. This 1 second power gain reduction helps to keep the enemies power within range of this threshold, making it slightly easier for her to utilize her ability.

It also sounds like it might be useful against enemies who have quick and substantial power gains. I'm thinking Deadpool X-Force and the 5.4 Ultron boss. This synergy will delay or possibly prevent the enemy from getting to an L3 from such bursts.

I don't see any real advantage of this synergy that is unique to Bishop.