**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Intercepting

DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OInQLM_4OeM

Took the above video from today’s AW. Has anyone else noticed that intercepting mechanics are different from how they once were? You can see Ultron start to intercept before Sentinel has landed his attack, but he still gets hit. This is not very noticeable outside of difficult content like AW, LOL, and Uncollected event quests. It is non-existent in content that has remained unaltered for long periods of time like ROL.

Feedback is welcome, let’s try to keep it on topic.

Comments

• Options
    nameplasnameplas Posts: 240 ★★
    I'm having that issue since the recent update. It's happening in AQ and AW. For people that are gonna say "it's sentinels reach/animations, different champs need different timing etc etc etc", it happened to me on different and random champs in AQ
  • Options
    Doc_HollamonDoc_Hollamon Posts: 173
    edited April 2018
    There is a problem with intercept. It happens to me all the time but it looks like you were a fraction of a second to slow to react in the video. I've been across the screen and get my intercept interrupted like the ai has the unstoppable buff but imo this is not one of those scenarios. It does happen with random champs though and I see blatant examples often. I just think there could be a ray of doubt with the video you posted.
  • Options
    DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    There is a problem with intercept. It happens to me all the time but it looks like you were a fraction of a second to slow to react in the video. I've been across the screen and get my intercept interrupted like the ai has the unstoppable buff but imo this is not one of those scenarios. It does happen with random champs though and I see blatant examples often. I just think there could be a ray of doubt with the video you posted.

You may be right, my attack may have been late. Months ago I never missed intercepts with dash attacks if I managed to start the dash attack before being hit, I’ve noticed this has not been the case since last November/December.

The video is the best example I’ve been able to record, earlier today I intercepted Uncollected Guillotine with a light strike but still got hit by her dash attack. Had plenty of space and time to land the attack, the game even made the sound of my attack hitting Guillotine, but Guillotine still landed her attack. It was identical to when a heavy attack is interrupted but the game still makes the entire sound associated with the heavy attack’s animation. Didn’t get that recorded though.
    nameplas wrote: »
    I'm having that issue since the recent update. It's happening in AQ and AW. For people that are gonna say "it's sentinels reach/animations, different champs need different timing etc etc etc", it happened to me on different and random champs in AQ

You’re right, this situation is not unique to Sentinel. Moderators have commented that AI has not been altered, though this might not be related to AI mechanics. I haven’t had much luck recently with getting feedback from moderators when supplying video evidence, it may be that most moderators are not familiar with difficult/end-game content. Customer support responded to the last thing I provided video evidence for, so Kabam does listen to player feedback.