**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Who should I awaken?

Duke12202Duke12202 Posts: 28
edited April 2018 in Strategy and Tips
xznchylu6ccq.jpeg
I have a 4* awaken gem. I have completed Act 4 up to chapter 3, and want to continue. Who should I awaken?
Scarlet Witch
Archangel
Medusa

Comments

• Options
    shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    Duke12202 wrote: »
    I have a 4* awaken gem.

It is NOT clear to me if you are referring to 4* GENERIC awakening gem, but since SW/AA/Medusa are from different classes, I suppose it is safe to ASSUME you are indeed referring to the GENERIC one.

I think SW will benefit the MOST from it, since she needs to be dupped and to have high sig (like sig 99) to be super awesome. On the other hand Medusa once awakened and with synergy ability will be awesome for DEFENSE, however, she is still awesome with synergy for ATTACK when unawakened. AA is still great even unawakened.

So if your question is more towards who will benefit the most to be awakened, I would say SW.

If your question is for your usage and your roster, who is better for you to spend the generic gem regardless of whether the benefit of being awakened is towards the greatest end, I would say consider Medusa.

At the end, it really depends on what's your need. SW doesn't need to much skills, is skill being your current concern that you need someone great by simply hit with brute force? Medusa is great to armor break with poison immunity and awakened can be AWD boss, is this what you need currently? AA can destroy any champs NOT immune to bleed/poision, and can be great in quests and every other non-immuned encounter, is this what you need?

• Options
    TonyStarkTonyStark Posts: 354
    Awaken SW if you can take her to sig level 60+

If not, then awaken Medusa. She's a great champ for attack becomes a really good defender + attacker when awakened. She's a god tier and the best cosmic champion.

AA doesn't really need his sig ability.
  • Options
    rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
    TonyStark wrote: »
    Awaken SW if you can take her to sig level 60+

If not, then awaken Medusa. She's a great champ for attack becomes a really good defender + attacker when awakened. She's a god tier and the best cosmic champion.

AA doesn't really need his sig ability.

AA becomes so much better with his signature.

Medusa would be my last choice unless I really need someone for defense.
  • Options
    phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,685 ★★★★★
    SW needs the gem, AA benefits from it.
  • Options
    Blitzkilla420Blitzkilla420 Posts: 561 ★★★
    edited April 2018
    SW if you can raise her sig to a very high level. if not then AA who is very useful for like act 5. if not and you need defence for AW then medusa
  • Options
    taojay1taojay1 Posts: 1,062 ★★★
    Sw is not available at higher star levels, and absolutely needs her sig. This is why she deserves the gem in my opinion. She is still quite a swiss army knife champ and is good in nearly every matchup- she has strong damage output, reliable nullify, sporadic power control, and occasional regen. Even though she is based on chance, I have relied on her heavily throughout act 4 and 5.

Archangel's main benefit from his sig is ability accuracy reduction and heal block. Since you already have gwenpool and voodoo, you don't really need aa reduction, and with sw you would be able to nullify healing much easier than with aa.

Medusa does need her sig to be god tier, but I would not go with her because she is mostly valued for her damage output and defensive capabilities. However, I can't even see her in your picture, so I assume she is not at a high rank, therefore requiring you to expend more resources if you choose her.