**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Announcing: Trials of the Mad Titan

The gaze of the Mad Titan Thanos is upon the Battlerealm

In the final desperate hour, the Summoners and Champions of The Contest must band together to stop the destructive invasion of the Mad Titan, Thanos. As the power of the six Infinity Stones corrupts the Battlerealm, the only hope is to cling to the fragments of power left behind by his actions, and use them to crush his armies.

Strike Back Against Thanos!

Trials of the Mad Titan is name of the set of 7 Different Daily Quests. The First Trial of the Mad Titan, the Trial of Genesis, kicks off on April 25th at 10 am PT, and will run for 24 hours. The Event will end at 10 am PST on June 6th.

You must update to version 18.0 to be able to participate in the event.

If you remember Trials of the King, you’re already familiar with the format of these Quests. If you aren’t, then read on!

Like M.O.D.O.K.’s Lab, Trials of the Mad Titan will have ENTRY LIMITS. Unlike M.O.D.O.K.’s Lab however, ONLY ONE DIFFICULTY of Trials of the Mad Titan can be played on days 1-6. This means if you enter Easy difficulty, and either complete or quit that quest, you will have used your entries for all difficulties for that day. In the event that you QUIT the quest, you will also be forfeiting all rewards for that day as well.

For the first 6 days, you’ll be playing through 3 fights in every difficulty, with all those fights having a set of Buffs applied to them that fit the theme of that day. More details on enemies and Buffs are below, but the theme of each day is as follows:

Day 1: Trial of Genesis - 3 Fights that focus on manipulation of life and Debuffs.
Day 2: Trial of Evolution - 3 Fights that focus on defensive transformation.
Day 3: Trial of War - 3 Fights that focus on offensive aggression.
Day 4: Trial of Chaos - 3 Fights that focus on unpredictable outcomes.
Day 5: Trial of Nightmare - 3 Fights that focus on lingering Debuffs and creeping Power Gain.
Day 6: Trial of Death - 3 Fights that focus on stolen life and dangerous Debuffs.

Whichever difficulty you complete will always award you with an ESSENCE. Essences are mode specific Boosts that will grant you powerful effects on the seventh day: The Trial of Omniscience. The Trial of the Omniscience, is a collection of 6 fights - one from each of the previous 6 days, and will allow you to play EACH DIFFICULTY ONCE. It also has increased rewards when compared to the previous 6 days (details on that below). After the 7th day, the cycle resets.

For a detailed step by step on the mode, check out our post on the Trials of the King here.

Q&A

How much energy do these quests cost?

Easy: 1 Energy Per Step
Medium: 2 Energy Per Step
Hard: 3 Energy Per Step
Expert: 4 Energy Per Step

Is there a time limit on the quests?

Outside of the 24 hour timer before the next quest spawns, no.

What is an Essence?

Essences are mode specific Boosts, similar to previous mode specific boosts like Soul Boosts, Essences give you powerful new abilities or enhance existing abilities, but can only be used in Trial of Omniscience.

What do the Essences do?

Day 1: Essence of Genesis
The attacks of your Champions restore Health equal to 15% of the damage they inflict. In addition, the effects of all enemy healing abilities are reversed.

Day 2: Essence of Evolution
Whenever your Champions fill a bar of Power, increase their Attack, Critical Resistance, Critical Rating, Block Penetration, Power Rate, and Ability Accuracy by 10%, up to a maximum of 60%.

Day 3: Essence of War
Your Champions become Unstoppable for 5 seconds after activating a Special Attack if they aren’t already Unstoppable. Enemies lose 25% Block Proficiency.

Day 4: Essence of Chaos

The Critical Hits of your Champions inflict Debuffs at random. Being struck by a Critical Hit grants Buffs at random.

Day 5: Essence of Nightmare
Whenever a Bleed, Incinerate, Shock, or Degeneration Debuff expires on your Champions, they recover 3% Health instantly.

Day 6: Essence of Death

Your Champions have a 14% chance to instantly knock out enemies that have 13% Health or less remaining. In addition, when your Champions are struck by lethal damage, instead of being knocked out, they remain at 1 Health for 4 seconds.

Can I use Essences anywhere except the Trial of Omniscience?

No. Essences are meant to be collected on Days 1-6, and then used ONLY on day 7.

Can you activate more than one essence at a time?

Yes, you will want to use them all and then do the Trial of Omniscience if you want to succeed as easily as possible.

What if I miss a day?

Too bad. You can still play subsequent days but you won’t get the rewards from the day you missed, and this includes the Essence.

Which enemies can we expect to fight and what Buffs will the be on?

Here is a list of enemies that could appear on each day, and a list of Buffs that they’ll have, separated by difficulty

oi469v44ve1n.png

Trial of the Omniscience has Champions and Buffs from each of these days, with increased rank and levels.

What are the rewards?
Below is a list of the rewards for each difficulty.
Note that there is a 50% chance to get a signature stone/signature stone crystal on each day, and a 50% chance to acquire varying Tiers of ISO, like M.O.D.O.K.’s Lab, on Day 1-6):

qx05j141u0u4.png

Each Boss Fight also includes a chance to award either Premium Hero Crystals or an "Ultimate Infinity War" Crystal. Those are rare though! It won’t be unheard of for a Summoner to complete every day of the event and never see a single Ultimate Infinity War Crystal!
Post edited by Kabam Miike on

Comments

• Stagedear85Stagedear85 Posts: 774 ★★★
    how long is this running until ?
  • Intrasted
  • Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 1,306 ★★★
    What are infinity dusts used for
    It wasnt stated. You only talked about dark artifacts and not infinity dusts
  • Tasty_Yum_YumsTasty_Yum_Yums Posts: 444 ★★★
    Won't there be too much to do if there is this new event, infinity dungeons, and the new event quest. You also increase the energy for every months event quest each month.

Dungeons don’t cost energy
  • DroidDoesDroidDoes Posts: 404 ★★
    “Each Boss Fight also includes a chance to award either Premium Hero Crystals or an "Ultimate Infinity War" Crystal. Those are rare though! It won’t be unheard of for a Summoner to complete every day of the event and never see a single Ultimate Infinity War Crystal!”

Will it be similar to last time, where if you don’t get the Ultimate Crystal, you get PHC shards (based on which difficultly you choose), or has that gotten a bump to full PHCs for this run?
  • ShadowNetShadowNet Posts: 95
    When will we get a spreadsheet for infinity dust store? Also, would like to see dungeon milestones/rewards. :)

I like what i see though, keep up the good work. :)
  • ShadowNetShadowNet Posts: 95
    Mcord117 wrote: »
    Can choose to play or not to play but there really shouldn’t be an energy cost to this let alone 4 per move. It is what it is I guess

By that logic, why have energy at all? Act 5 shouldn't cost energy either, you can choose to play or not to play... lol
  • ThebgjThebgj Posts: 635 ★★
    edited April 2018
    mzdodq9zx62s.jpeg

Is it just me or is this a bit confusing? Above the green paragraph it says that we only have 1 entry per 24 hours regardless what difficulty we enter (for the first 6 days).

Then the circled paragraph says, “for the first 6 days you’ll be playing 3 fights in all the difficulties”...I completely understand that we only have 1 shot per 24 hours, then all difficulties on day 7.

I’m sure Someone will complain because of the wording
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    Thebgj wrote: »
    mzdodq9zx62s.jpeg

Is it just me or is this a bit confusing? Above the green paragraph it says that we only have 1 entry per 24 hours regardless what difficulty we enter (for the first 6 days).

Then the circled paragraph says, “for the first 6 days you’ll be playing 3 fights in all the difficulties”...I contentedly understand that we only have 1 shot per 24 hours, then all difficulties on day 7.

I’m sure Someone will complain because of the wording

Yeah, english not so good.

Basically is saying, no matter the difficulty you select, you will have 3 fights
  • Looks pretty cool
    Kinda' like infinity dungeons
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    DrZola wrote: »
    If there's an entry limit, why is there also an energy requirement? Curious about the designers' decision to double gate the event.

Dr. Zola

I’m curious, what’s your rationale behind why it’s bad to have an energy requirement and a limit to enter? I understand it’s double gating, but still not sure why you think this.
  • RapRap Posts: 3,193 ★★★★
    3 fights of 1 difficulty per day. Not new except for the fact that they are limiting us because of the farming that has gone on in other events like this. Typical kabam...rerun the same stuff but make sire we get less out of it.
  • IanMoone89IanMoone89 Posts: 590
    Side note how the hell anyone will be able to do AQ.AW S2.Event Quest(MAY).Arena and Dungeon???? Are you so lost on reality that you automatic assume the player base is all unemployed.single person who has all the time on their hands??? Bc its not ppl have lives.families and a job you keep making this game more time consuming each month
  • Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 1,306 ★★★
    Jh_Dez wrote: »
    What are infinity dusts used for
    It wasnt stated. You only talked about dark artifacts and not infinity dusts

You're just gonna have to wait and see! We'll have more information soon.

I'll wait
    Just don't fall my hand
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    if there's a lot of content, just dont do the content. There are people who have a lot of time, there are people who don't have a lot of time. There are people who enjoy this as their only game, there are people who don't.

I don't understand why more content is bad. Keep everyone busy.
  • Al_AhadHKGNAl_AhadHKGN Posts: 126
    Guess what with all these content the game gonna be more buggy
  • KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    Any updates on the Carnage buff?