**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Cheater or just skilled player?

m4ciekkm4ciekk Posts: 96
edited April 2018 in General Discussion
We are in tier 9 in AW and are fighting against some russian alliance (no offence) right now. One of their guys just beat our boosted boss (Mephisto 4* 4/40 with base health around 11 500) with 3 linked nodes:
  • node 53 (which gives: +125% attack & health, +300% health, enhanced special 2)
  • node 51 (which gives: +125% attack & health, +300% health, enhanced special 1)
  • node 55 (+125% attack & health, +300% health, stun immunity)
  • boss node gives you as well: +125% attack & health, +700% health, stun immunity, true strike)

So in total it's 1975% of base health which is around 227k.

This guy used unawakened Luke Cage 4/40 with half of his health and without losing any health more. He beat our boss in one shot.

His whole team is:
  • unawakened Punisher 2099 3/30 (PI 2506)
  • unawakened Hyperion 3/30 (PI 2443)
  • unawakened Luke Cage 4/40 (PI 3176)

As far as I seen he also beat:
  • boosted (1 link) node 28 – Thor (Jane Foster) 3/30 sig 23 (+100% attack & health, +25% attack, enhanced armor break, mirror image, true strike, stun immunity from node 27)
  • boosted (1 link) node 34 – Winter Soldier 2/35 (+125% attack & health, +45% armor, kinetic reactor, enhanced special 2, power shield from node 35)
  • boosted (2 links) node 36 – Electro 3/30 (+100% attack + health, +40% critical rate and damage, resonade cascade, +28% critical rate from node 45 and +125% attack & health, poison, brute force, enhanced special 2 from node 37)
  • boosted (1 link) node 48 – Hela 3/30, sig 17 (+125 attack & health, poison, brute force, enhanced special 2 from node 37)

Besides that we are almost the same level ( he has 48, I 49). We also have duped Mephistos (his sig 30, mine 47). His Mephisto's PI is 3984, mine 4704 without boosts. It's very weird because it seems that he has some lame masteries as well. What do you think?

Guys maybe I'm a noob and just can't play but tell me IS IT POSSIBLE OR HE MIGHT USED SOME CHEATS?

Cheers, Maciek
Post edited by Kabam Vydious on

Comments

• Options
    DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    edited April 2018
    Other mobile games like Bandai Namco Entertainment’s DBZ Dokkan Battle ban players who hack or mod Dokkan Battle’s game modes without requiring players to provide evidence and do so within 24-48 hours.

What I meant to say was in before the lock.
  • Options
    Robhopp20Robhopp20 Posts: 11
    Could be a person using the one hit kill MOD. My ally faced another team in AW recently that was clearly doing this as well. There are several youtube videos, but it appears to give a base attack rating in the millions. A shame people are cheating and prospering. Use the report function in game and send Kabam screenshots so they can open an investigation, but don’t expect any information on the outcome.

Also, just an FYI, your post will likely get closed for mentioning another ally directly.
  • Options
    m4ciekkm4ciekk Posts: 96
    I reported him and Kabam Vydious has explained me already that I can't post any screenshots with any names.

I'm not mad if I lose because of lack of skill or activity of my alliance mates. But I'm not happy when someone use cheats to get advantage. Anyway war is over so it doesn't matter. I hope they will do sth with that if not... then maybe I'll look for the mod you mentioned :D just kidding :)
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,677 Guardian
    khehmist wrote: »
    I’d like some transparency from Kabam about the prevalence and impacts of hacking and the details of what they’re doing about it. I’m curious to know what sort of rewards has my team lost playing against cheaters?

I’ve yet to hear about Kabam reversing any War results. Why isn’t this happening?

There’s a hit count generated in every match. How is it not possible for Kabam to automatically detect one punch knockouts and ban people immediately? Or any automatically flag any unusual results.

Wouldn't the modders just rewrite their mods to generate a two-hit kill, or a five-hit kill, or a thirty hit kill? After all, I would think that the mods can generate any result for the fight and send it to the servers. If they can't (and I have no knowledge of how any of them actually specifically work) it seems like a trivial thing to change them to make that happen.

I'm not saying effort shouldn't go into detecting unusual game activity, especially given how the game seems to trust client activity (which, you know, no game should). But it would seem to me that if Kabam was smart enough to do that, the modders would respond by getting smart enough to disguise their activity to be less unusual.

I've noticed in every MMO I've ever played bans tend to happen in waves. Sure, there's some banning constantly going on, but there are always large ban waves. It occurs to me that might be a product of how game companies implement detection and banning. When they see modding or other bannable offenses going on, instead of banning immediately they watch to see how many players decide to perform those activities that they can now detect but the players don't know have been detected. Then when enough players are doing that thing, they can hit a large number of accounts simultaneously.

I'm not saying Kabam is doing this. Just making an observation about what seems to happen elsewhere.
  • Options
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    I've noticed in every MMO I've ever played bans tend to happen in waves. Sure, there's some banning constantly going on, but there are always large ban waves. It occurs to me that might be a product of how game companies implement detection and banning. When they see modding or other bannable offenses going on, instead of banning immediately they watch to see how many players decide to perform those activities that they can now detect but the players don't know have been detected. Then when enough players are doing that thing, they can hit a large number of accounts simultaneously.

I'm not saying Kabam is doing this. Just making an observation about what seems to happen elsewhere.

First MMO here but that makes a lot of sense
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    edited April 2018
    Love the cheaters eventually getting the boot but what about the alliances that lost rewards fighting them? Where is the compensation? No personal motivation here. I'm sure we have fought piloting alliances but don't know that we have fought modders.
  • Options
    BahamutBahamut Posts: 2,307 ★★★★
    Cheater. Report them.
  • Options
    Blitzkilla420Blitzkilla420 Posts: 561 ★★★
    im surprised this isnt closed yet.

op just report and hope and pray
  • Options
    X_ScottX_Scott Posts: 732 ★★★
    What if...... his skill is cheating...........
  • Options
    X_Scott wrote: »
    What if...... his skill is cheating...........

xq38gymo1aek.jpeg
  • Options
    RapRap Posts: 3,194 ★★★★
    Me thinks there are many here skilled at cheating...even if only by exploiting...but Mods definately the worst...at least you have to work an exploit.