**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Low Drop Rates

Is it just me, or do crystals seem like a joke now? Before the drop rates were released, I had a brand new 4* featured champ every other month and got at least 1 4* from a prem monthly. Now the last featured champ I got was from February even though I spent a good $200 on Bishop and I just now got my first 4* from a premium since Janurary. Kabam needs to buff the rates to at least 20% or I'm never buying a crystal again...

Comments

• Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,671 Guardian
    Is it just me, or do crystals seem like a joke now? Before the drop rates were released, I had a brand new 4* featured champ every other month and got at least 1 4* from a prem monthly. Now the last featured champ I got was from February even though I spent a good $200 on Bishop and I just now got my first 4* from a premium since Janurary. Kabam needs to buff the rates to at least 20% or I'm never buying a crystal again...

You're never buying a crystal again.

Also, the PHC drop rate for 4* champs was increased when they released the drop rates. It was tested by the player community to be in the 0.8% - 1% range. It is now 2%, about twice as high. Subsequent testing seems to confirm that 4* champs drop from the PHC at a much higher rate on average.

If you were getting featured 4* champs regularly with relatively little spending ($200 is "relatively little spending") then you were simply exceptionally lucky, and have now reverted to the mean.
  • Options
    RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,507 ★★★★★
    Then I bet one of the the following are true: (1) you will never buy another crystal, or (2) you are a liar.
  • Options
    EnderDraco58EnderDraco58 Posts: 957 ★★
    The drop rates are really low, and for good reason. 4* champs are supposed to be good. Even top level players (ex. Seatin) still use 4* champs. A 20% drop rate ruins the whole excitement of getting a 4* champ. Kabam has already increased the drop rate of 4* champs because of the inclusion of 6*'s, and that should be respected.
  • Options
    MarzGrooveMarzGroove Posts: 903 ★★★
    My anecdotal evidence is meaningless, but I was getting 4*s from PHCs at a 3.3% clip. Not one 4* from a PHC since the drop rates were published.