**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Reply to Current 4 Star Awakening GEM Deal

Kabam Miike just closed a thread for understandable reasons as it was about to get out of hand. BUT...

"If you don't see the appeal in this offer, you don't have to purchase it or even give it a second thought. Not every deal is going to appeal to everybody, so if this isn't one you like, just give it a pass."

You guys have had such an enormous bumpy road with your player-base and the general video gaming community. In fact I'd say you're more infamous than famous at this point. You guys have made some seriously questionable decisions with regards to the direction of this game (Patch 12.0, nerfing Champs, etc.). On the flip-side you guys compensate and do indeed provide great freebies like Summoner Appreciate week.

We just HAVE to know...

What were you thinking when you posted an offer like this?? Please help us understand the method to your madness rather than giving us an answer like you did. It's INSULTING to us. It makes the 99% of your player-base enraged at the cockiness of such an offer.

Comments

• Options
    DrizzitsDrizzits Posts: 157
    It's the value at the time of offer. With 2, possibly 3 huge arenas having just passed (hyperion/voodoo +SL???) They're assuming a lot of people want this deal. Let's be honest, they're probably right. A lot of us might be critical, but I think those same people will be the ones begrudgingly buying the deal. Lol
  • Options
    WolfeWolfe Posts: 272 ★★
    If it was the old pricing, I would have pick up one for myself and one for my girlfriend. We don't really have any good characters we want to awaken now but hey we don't mind paying 100 just to buy them and store them in our inventory for future use. But hey I'm not complaining. The ridiculous pricing just save me 100 and I don't even need to think twice about it. Seatin's review video just confirmed I am right to ignore the offer and move on.
  • Options
    jerstolpjerstolp Posts: 73
    ida bought 1 at 29.99, player appreciation is a joke. and the compensation was a complete joke.. i got nothing n im Android user. but since im. not a huge arena guy **** me. right
  • Options
    jdawggs316jdawggs316 Posts: 54
    It's just extremely disheartening to even look at. While you're correct in stating many will begrudgingly buying the deal it still is a slap in the face considering they know how to "play" their player base like that.
  • Options
    Manup456Manup456 Posts: 887 ★★★★
    This deal was 50 in December with 20 less sig stones but that is a lot more reasonable. I'm kinda confused about why the deals jump from 10 to 100 that's a huge jump with nothing in between.
  • Options
    jdawggs316jdawggs316 Posts: 54
    Eventually the "If you don't like it don't buy it or think about it" answer is going to get very, very old on top of already being immensely condescending.
  • Options
    Dmo1973Dmo1973 Posts: 43
    It really shouldn't be a surprise to Kabam that the player base gets upset at something like this. Doubling the price on a deal they offered 6 months ago is bad.
    Doing it right after they have arenas for the most popular champs in the game, when they shut down the game for 8-12 hours for a large percentage of their players going for Voodoo and Starlord makes it worse. I could easily how it might give the impression that "Android gate" was intended, to goad players who wanted to awaken a champ they weren't given a fair chance to awaken into spending.
    But to offer it at double the last price during "Summoner Appreciation Month" just seems like pouring salt in an open wound.

Kabam, please rethink your strategy for offers. You've done so much harm to your relationship with the players in recent months. Why continue to put out offers that only make that situation worse.
  • Options
    OwGssOwGss Posts: 81
    Hyperion is effective when not awakened... but I get the marketing strategy. $99 is more for a 5* awakening rather than a 4 when you don't know what's coming up in 14.0 release and future changes to new champs.
  • Options
    WolfeWolfe Posts: 272 ★★
    9.99 for 3 star
    99.99 for 4 star

Wanna guess how much a 5 star awakening gem would cost?
  • Options
    A_Noob_Is1A_Noob_Is1 Posts: 762 ★★
    and of course.. along came a whale
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Wolfe wrote: »
    9.99 for 3 star
    99.99 for 4 star

99p/99 cents?
  • Options
    I_am_GrootI_am_Groot Posts: 646 ★★
    9.99 for 3 star
    99.99 for 4 star

It could be more than a PS4 Pro + a XBox One X + some games.
  • Options
    OwGss wrote: »
    Hyperion is effective when not awakened... but I get the marketing strategy. $99 is more for a 5* awakening rather than a 4 when you don't know what's coming up in 14.0 release and future changes to new champs.

This is exactly what scares me. What nerfs are around the corner

I hope they wouldn't try this for a second time, it would undo everything the last 3 weeks have done (more so from this new week).

• Options
    CrusherOfDreamsCrusherOfDreams Posts: 1,370 ★★★
    9.99 for 3 star
    99.99 for 4 star

Um, $999.99? Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if they offered it.