**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.

This Game Needs a Hardcore Option

There are definitely two sets of people that play this game. One group wants to have fun (and you see them requesting things like rank down tickets, etc) and one group that just wants to compete (with threads about piloting/cheating/spending).

So why not have an option to either make have a hardcore profile where Kabam can focus on enforcing its rules and a recreational profile where people that just want to have fun with the game can get things like rank down tickets, etc.

Seems like it would solve a lot of problems

Comments

• Icecold2099Icecold2099 Posts: 577 ★★★
    1. How would the decision be made on who gets into which mode?
    2. What would prevent the cheaters from joining the mode that Kabam isn’t enforcing their rules in?
  • TaxTax Posts: 105
    1. Ideally the game would have originally been designed with the decision. But since it wasn't, just allow people to choose now. Once you pick you're stuck with it. For new accounts, you decide when you make the account.
    2. Presumably if you are in the rec league you WON'T cheat (because you are just there to have fun) and if you do run into the occasional cheater you won't care (because .....)
    Theoretically no one would cheat in the rec league because no one would care if you are "King Alliance of the Fun Group"
  • MhykkeMhykke Posts: 431 ★★★
    Tax wrote: »
    Theoretically no one would cheat in the rec league because no one would care if you are "King Alliance of the Fun Group"

I think you'd be sadly surprised.

• vojvoj Posts: 8
    Do what gameloft did with asphalt 8.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,169 ★★★★★
    What? Lol.
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    you should say something down the lines of, there's two types of players

one - those who play competitively
    two - those who don't have any interest in playing competitively.

and what your suggesting is already implemented in a way. If you're in a map 5 high tier war alliance then it's safe to say that you're in a pretty hardcore alliance. Map 6 and you've just magnified that to an extreme level based on resources alone. you can choose who you want to play with, and there's a lot of alliances out there that either don't pilot, who are all active, and have fun while doing it.
    @mum_m2 I partly agree that AW/AQ play sort of distinguishes groups of players, but that isn't the only issue. Rank down tickets is another item that comes up a lot. I would like to see them used because I find it fun to rank up and try out different champs regularly. There are a variety of reasons other casual players want them. Hardcore players don't want them because it effects the prestige race. I 'get it' - I've been playing this game a long time. I simply don't care.

I'm sure there are other examples but I'm mostly reacting to the posts I'm seeing often.
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    @Tax you know you made a very good argument there about wanting to test champions out at a higher level. I believe that is a fun part of the testing the waters, and we should be awarded more of those items at a cost. but you can't distinguish testing the waters from clearing in game content like LOL with Star Lord, then ranking him down to bring up a Blade.