**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

The Ai in diffferent aspects,of the game.

SpicyslicerSpicyslicer Posts: 2,227 ★★★★
I am flat out unable to complete any more story quests which is very frustrating. I am using t4's and I have just as an example. 3100 unstop Colossus and I'm fighting a 2400 abomination and I'm getting crushed hard.(this is just an example) it goes across all my characters and the quests I'm in. I am underrated by about 200 points for the recommended amount to have by the game.

In the arena in this ratings match up I destroy this..
I may not even get hit....

Same on event quests In some I'm killing it on dailies and some like secret empire forever it's harder and on others like road to the labyrinth it's impossible.....

The ai fluctuates from easy to tough to faster than a human can do.

There are times I finish an animation only to see it wasn't landed it was blocked and I have been hit 5 times. Not just uppercuts even regular jabs. It makes no sense. I finally grind enough to be at the level it seems to be needed only to have my a$$ handed to me , and others I'm wary of attempting only to find it's easy as heck.

Is this normal?

I posted once about this and have since done very well in the arena and it's helped a lot. But on these very very incredibly and usually difficult quest that the numbers say I am Ok to attempt I'm getting crushed. And I think it's me so I spend some heals and use some buffs but it's not me the ai in certain aspects of the game are unfun and confusing,

I am playing about 8 weeks only and is this new or is it something that's been around for a while... it seems I need to out level this situation but the incredibly high numbers to get t4 catalyst is making it me rethink if this game is for me....

Thanks from a noob.....

I have no class 5 stars just trying to earn enough crystals for my first.

Comments

• Options
    Feeney234Feeney234 Posts: 1,159 ★★★★
    Why would the AI difficulty not increase as you progress through Story mode? I for one like the challenge, I recently completed act 4 for the first time (ran through every mission once) and it was a slight pain in the ass. Granted it was only the easy paths. Now to go back and 100% over time. I believe the increase in difficulty helped me get better to step up in AQ and AW.

A take it as a learning experience. Don't be a wuss.
  • Options
    AddyosAddyos Posts: 1,090 ★★★★
    Yeah....game's not meant to be beaten in eight weeks bud. It's a slow progression, but as you keep playing and your champs get stronger, you'll be able to start clearing more difficult content.

You seem to be doing ok though and I hope you continue trying to progress.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,666 Guardian
    Well based on these responses how long are you playing?. Just wondering what should I expect as a new player.....

One important variable is that it is less about how long you've been playing, and more about how much you've played. Eight weeks of play could be eighty hours of gameplay, or three hundred hours of gameplay. Different players could be seeing dramatically different things depending on how many hours they put into the game, and the range of time put in is probably huge: from casual players putting in an hour or two a day, to people grinding five to ten hours a day. It is hard to come up with a reasonable average between those two extremes.
  • Options
    I_am_GrootI_am_Groot Posts: 646 ★★
    I'm not sure about what content are you playing and noticing those AI changes, but yep, the AI change, many times change a lot and sometimes is a true pain.
    I have no played some Acts and Special Quests, so I cannot say you if that AI is a joke.
    There are times I finish an animation only to see it wasn't landed it was blocked and I have been hit 5 times. Not just uppercuts even regular jabs. It makes no sense
    That sound like one of the currents fighting mechanics bugs there are dancing around.
    I am playing about 8 weeks only and is this new or is it something that's been around for a while... it seems I need to out level this situation but the incredibly high numbers to get t4 catalyst is making it me rethink if this game is for me....

Thanks from a noob.....

I have no class 5 stars just trying to earn enough crystals for my first.
    Well based on these responses how long are you playing?. Just wondering what should I expect as a new player.....
    It seems like you want complete the game in some weeks maybe months.

Sadly it's not a PC game or Console game, it's a mobile "free" game then the philosophy is different, the philosophy is players should never complete the game because they should keep playing (then wasting).

If you think you'll maxedup a 4* full roster, you should find another dream, because you need months to get some 4*s, then more for duped them, then more for maxeup them.
    Long story short, you need years playing as if it's a fulltime job and maybe you'll have some 4*s 4/40 and maybe a team 5/50.

Maybe it sound sad if those were your goals but you still can play the game and have fun if you know your realistic possibilities and you're OK with it, plus you'll be saving frustrations.
  • Options
    Hey, I wrote you a post with my hints, but I have no idea why it's now under moderation.

I don't know whether my post will be visible someday or it will be deleted for ever.

Sorry I could not help you.
  • Options
    Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    The AI is different between arenas and regular quests. Even in aq it is differnet. The AI shouldn't be consistent because it's too easy to learn the patterns that way
  • Options
    RehctansBewRehctansBew Posts: 442 ★★★
    It would be nice if Kabam allowed us to see the Ai Attributes in different aspects of the game. It's hard as players when we can't see information like Crit rate and Armor. It doesn't allow us to run any numbers to give an acurate reflection of Diminishing returns or challenge rating.
  • Options
    Tmasters1984Tmasters1984 Posts: 451
    There is a difficulty ranking. I think there are 6 tiers of difficulty.
  • Options
    My reply is free, thanks you moderators.