Stony Mastery Core

iRetr0iRetr0 Member Posts: 1,252 ★★★★
How can I acquire a Stony Mastery Core other than spend units because it seems pretty expensive?

Comments

• iRetr0iRetr0 Member Posts: 1,252 ★★★★
    Savio444 wrote: »
    Sometimes there is a mastery core sale, but there hasn’t been one in a while. They may be expensive but there pretty useful. Maybe save your units for a sale.

I am planning on doing that tbh because I don't think I will ever spend units on featured crystals after blowing about 700 units on Killmonger crystals to only get 4* OG Cap 😂 but is there no other way to acquire them?
  • BahamutBahamut Member Posts: 2,307 ★★★★
    Savio444 wrote: »
    Sometimes there is a mastery core sale, but there hasn’t been one in a while. They may be expensive but there pretty useful. Maybe save your units for a sale.

I am planning on doing that tbh because I don't think I will ever spend units on featured crystals after blowing about 700 units on Killmonger crystals to only get 4* OG Cap 😂 but is there no other way to acquire them?

They occasionally put up a 20$ deal with a few Stony cores and some other items if you’re willing to spend real money.
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Member Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    this is kind of funny to me. but no, you can only buy stony and c.cores with units.

sometimes, like once or twice a year they are half off.

you can get the class ones in the loyalty store daily, and in their tier 2 daily quests.

but what's funny is that you think they are expensive and the fact that it just starts costing more and more. Deep wounds and assassin are very expensive. at one C.core and 2 stony's to unlock EACH level. Suicide Masteries are much of the same thing. so assuming you're in the early go, everyone's advice is to do your research, find out which ones are best, and start unlocking them as soon as possible. Build up the basic mastery set up, then work on the nice to have masteries. good luck.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Member Posts: 5,905 ★★★★★
    Mastery cores are ones of the best things to spend your hard-earned credits on. Your Masteries are key to success. Don't buy crystals: buy cores.

135 for a stony core is the same as 1.35 Premium Hero Crystals. Bargain.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Member Posts: 8,672 ★★★★★
    Once in a while you can get them from special events like Rocket's scrapyard but otherwise units.
  • RixobRixob Member Posts: 505 ★★
    time for a price reduction
  • CovoidCovoid Member Posts: 43
    After watching all the videos on how to perfect your masteries all state you should have Stupify and/or Salve. None of them address the beginner quandary of not being able to afford those stony cores and whether to build vitality or greater vitality and/or strength or greater strength. I’ve already maxed out dexterity and perfect block so all that’s really left are the strength and vitality choices. Any recommendations?
  • hermherm Member Posts: 415 ★★
    iRetr0 said:

How can I acquire a Stony Mastery Core other than spend units because it seems pretty expensive?

back issues
  • magnus_xixmagnus_xix Member Posts: 2,019 ★★★★★
    Covoid said:

After watching all the videos on how to perfect your masteries all state you should have Stupify and/or Salve. None of them address the beginner quandary of not being able to afford those stony cores and whether to build vitality or greater vitality and/or strength or greater strength. I’ve already maxed out dexterity and perfect block so all that’s really left are the strength and vitality choices. Any recommendations?

More than one point in dexterity is a bit of a waste. The longer crit buff is nice but the points are better spent elsewhere. Similar story with salve. In the early game, the extra ticks of healing are nice but when you get to using mainly 5*s the healing is pretty much negligible. I would recommend 1 point in Salve and 3 points in Recovery.

Max out Parry and Block Proficiency. They'll help a ton mitigating block damage which can become a problem in act 5 and beyond.

Don't bother with Strength and Vitality. Put those points in Precision and Cruelty.

Willpower is a lifesaver. Would definitely recommend it. It's going to take a while to grind out the units needed but it's well worth it.

From then on its pretty much personal preference. Despair is another good one that I run maxed all the time. Same with Deep wounds. Bit pricey however.

As for how you get the units to afford them. The answer is grind arena until Mephisto offers to buy your soul.

There's more to masteries than what I've said but that's the gist of it.
  • ẞlооdẞlооd Member Posts: 2,005 ★★★★
    I wonder if he's even still playing..
  • CovoidCovoid Member Posts: 43
    Maybe I had enough units at one time to afford these, but those are long gone after spending them on healing my champs after aq and aw glitches stole half my health in this glitchy game. My point is I can’t afford them now and on a zero unit budget do you put them towards vitality or greater vitality and/or strength or greater strength. Not sure which is more effective for a beginner running mostly 4 star champs.
  • Raichu626Raichu626 Member Posts: 934 ★★★★
    Covoid said:

Maybe I had enough units at one time to afford these, but those are long gone after spending them on healing my champs after aq and aw glitches stole half my health in this glitchy game. My point is I can’t afford them now and on a zero unit budget do you put them towards vitality or greater vitality and/or strength or greater strength. Not sure which is more effective for a beginner running mostly 4 star champs.

You put them in neither and save them until you have enough units to get the useful masteries.