**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Masochism

Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 1,306 ★★★
Why is power drain considered a debuff that triggers masochism?
If its a debuff shouldn't it trigger willpower then ?

Comments

• Lt_Magnum_1Lt_Magnum_1 Posts: 639 ★★
    Power drain or burn is not a debuff. Power lock is. That seems odd.
  • FingfangfoomfanesFingfangfoomfanes Posts: 1,102 ★★★
    edited May 2018
    Unless that power drain leads to heal block, then it triggers masochism. I think. Hehe
  • Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 1,306 ★★★
    edited May 2018
    No heal block
    Just the power drain
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    To me, anything that appears as a red circle icon is what the game consideres a debuff. Anything else is merely an effect.
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    And likewise anything that causes a colored circle icon, like green for Regen, orange for fury, etc is what the game considers a buff.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,347 ★★★★★
    edited May 2018
    If you look back on old threads about RTTL, you'll see that some power drains appear to count as a debuff, so don't affect completely debuff-immune champs. Hawkeye is an example.

Other power drains/burns aren't apparently affected by immunity to debuffs; such as Vision.

Kabam has never really explained why.

Until tonight!....

No? Shame...
  • rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
    edited May 2018
    Whose power drain are you talking about here @Jh_Dez
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    Scarlet Witch's power drain triggers masochism. it is considered a debuff. why i dont know
  • taojay1taojay1 Posts: 1,062 ★★★
    I too have noticed that SW's power steal has triggered masochism.
    Scarlet witch actually @rockykoston
    And now that I think deeply on the matter, I think it's cuz of sw ability description. It says she has a chance to trigger buffs or debuffs. Maybe that's why ?
    Jh_Dez wrote: »
    And now that I think deeply on the matter, I think it's cuz of sw ability description. It says she has a chance to trigger buffs or debuffs. Maybe that's why ?

SW triggers a lot of debuffs, (I have heard) randomly. Using her against masochism is not a good idea.

SW triggers a lot of debuffs, (I have heard) randomly. Using her against masochism is not a good idea.

It was just the power steal that triggered
    I'm sure of it
    No other debuffs were triggered

I'm sure of it

You won't even see it triggering because it will be immediately removed.

I'm sure of it

You won't even see it triggering because it will be immediately removed.

Not the icon
    But the pop up like when dexterity is triggered
    Only power steal was on display
    And my sw isn't at that level where all crits trigger her ability
  • taojay1taojay1 Posts: 1,062 ★★★
    It seems like some terminology is getting mixed up. @Jh_Dez, is Scarlet Witch the only champ you are referring to in your post? If so, you probably meant power steal, which I have seen trigger masochism on multiple occasions even though it is not a debuff (no icon appears, just text). Scarlet witch can also trigger a total power drain if struck by a critical hit but I have not seen this trigger masochism, and I'm pretty sure this is not what you are referring to. If, in your original post, you are actually referring to a power drain (not a power burn, like vision, power steal, like sw/magik/vision, or power lock, like magik/dorm/sw) such as those triggered by nebula, hawkeye, starky, etc., then I cannot confirm if you are correct.
    taojay1 wrote: »
    It seems like some terminology is getting mixed up. @Jh_Dez, is Scarlet Witch the only champ you are referring to in your post? If so, you probably meant power steal, which I have seen trigger masochism on multiple occasions even though it is not a debuff (no icon appears, just text). Scarlet witch can also trigger a total power drain if struck by a critical hit but I have not seen this trigger masochism, and I'm pretty sure this is not what you are referring to. If, in your original post, you are actually referring to a power drain (not a power burn, like vision, power steal, like sw/magik/vision, or power lock, like magik/dorm/sw) such as those triggered by nebula, hawkeye, starky, etc., then I cannot confirm if you are correct.

Oh i see I made a mistake
    Thank you
    I meant power steal with sw
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    SL power drain activates it. Big pain