**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Arena death matches

Crimson8399Crimson8399 Posts: 749 ★★★
Has there been any explanation why people are getting matches that are 3 to 4 times stronger than them above fight 20. I thought by then it was pretty much guaranteed that as long as you stay above a certain PI it would be level. This was in the five star feature arena.

Comments

• DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    Yes and no. Yes, there has been an explanation from the developers, but it isn't an explanation that many players find acceptable or can readily explain.

In any event, the "rules" for arena have always been rules of thumb, and based on player observations, and honestly have never been absolutely perfect. I have seen that the 5* featured arena is now sometimes generating death matches in circumstances it didn't use to in the past, and also not in a predictable fashion. But for me personally the variability that I'm seeing is not radically different from the variability I've seen in the past, it is just that that variability is much more dramatic when it generates a death match deep into the streak in the featured 5* arena.
  • Crimson8399Crimson8399 Posts: 749 ★★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Yes and no. Yes, there has been an explanation from the developers, but it isn't an explanation that many players find acceptable or can readily explain.

In any event, the "rules" for arena have always been rules of thumb, and based on player observations, and honestly have never been absolutely perfect. I have seen that the 5* featured arena is now sometimes generating death matches in circumstances it didn't use to in the past, and also not in a predictable fashion. But for me personally the variability that I'm seeing is not radically different from the variability I've seen in the past, it is just that that variability is much more dramatic when it generates a death match deep into the streak in the featured 5* arena.

I was using rank 1 5*s and never had that problem before. Maybe the 3 I paired together were just to low. The thing that mad me really mad is I clicked find a new match 2 or 3 times and it kept giving me the same exact teams against the same exact people. Submitted a ticket cause that seems broken but not very hopeful anything will come of it. Thanks for the info.
  • Bear3Bear3 Posts: 996 ★★★
    Yeah the minimum rating to avoid death match seems to have raised so don’t use your 3 lowest rated r1 5*... I had it happen with r1 unduped rhino venom and someone else... but didn’t happen till the lowest rated trio.
  • DukeZmanDukeZman Posts: 604 ★★★
    Never had a death match. And I grind that 456* arena almost exclusively. And I have like 12 R1 5*s I use regularly.
    Not sure what causes it for some people
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    As long as I don’t get duped Magik/duped Dormammu/duped Hyperion or a few others in death matches they’re great. 10-16K points per arena fight with 3/30 champs is worth the increased difficulty as long as the match is winnable.