Champion Spotlight - Domino

Comments

• Mcord117Mcord117 Posts: 1,287 ★★★★
    DrZola wrote: »
    Maat1985 wrote: »
    313rd wrote: »
    Hey everyone, just wanted to bring some extra information about Domino. Her first light attack, the second hit of her first medium attack, and the last part of her heavy attack are projectiles. So while you can still Parry these attacks to reduce their damage (except for her heavy), they don’t make contact, so you won’t be able to Stun her off of these attacks when you Parry. Apologies that this didn’t make it into her ability description. We’re working on getting this notated in her abilities.

1 - Presumably these projectiles will be subject to Evasion (sometimes) by Daredevil?

2 - Any plan to reverse engineer this recent 'short range projectile' thing for older champs like Hulk's or Juggernaut's Special-1 attacks; and Dr Strange/Magnetos basic attacks? Would be a good buff to them, as well as making Proxima Midnight more special.

Thanks.

Proxima Midnights has a 200% offensive ability reduction towards her enemies. But Domino can still cause her parry to fail. But mod in Prox champ spotlight made a point to say its effective against BLack Widows subtlety ability and “parry her attacks.” I don’t get it?bpyonerxo3xm.jpeg

If I had to guess, Criticsl failure doesn’t count as an offensive ability. So there’s no reduction in it. It just happens.

This makes zero sense whatsoever.

Was Domino a summer intern project? Because she’s looking more and more like there was next to no forethought give about how her abilities interact with everyone else. The very fact that there aren’t explicit disclosures about how she works suggest even more that no one really knows what she is and isn’t supposed to do.

Dr. Zola

Critical failure could be considered a defensive ability. As it is stopping the attacker from doing something and harming the attacker for failing to do something.
    It is not someting that domino herself is actively doing....
    I dunno just a thought

And I respect that—what I am puzzled by, however, is that several of us are batting theories back and forth about how this all works but are still pretty much in the dark about it while the game team drops breadcrumbs. Isn’t this something that should be clearly explained to us?

Dr. Zola

They clearly have no idea how her ability is going to interact with many champs abilities. It looks to me that our reporting to them is the first time most of this has occurred them. They can’t provide clarity because it wasn’t thought out. We are beta testing on the fly
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 2,910 ★★★★★
    It’s awful, their testing is usually so bad with champions who interact with maybe 10% of others unusually. But domino, who literally affects every single champion through masteries, she just couldn’t have been tested properly in every situation. Such bad design.
  • Mcord117Mcord117 Posts: 1,287 ★★★★
    CodePlay wrote: »
    There are questionable triggers of critical failures, but in wars, it seems she can be solo'ed and strategy actually is to constantly proc critical failure and because of diminishing returns, you could get lesser degen damage. I'm just curious, has anyone in platinum 3 and up had their domino get more kills? If so, which node is she good for? I like her to be in my defense (like r4 and awaken her) but it seems she can be easier killed by opponent than IMIW.

This does appear true although as the sig level goes up and people figure out the correct placement we will see. If you know it’s her I can see how the correct champ can be used as well as mastery using resonate. My question is what happens to the person who enters the fight thinking it’s someone else using the wrong champ.
  • OkamiKageOkamiKage Posts: 13
    4b34cdg63o1o.gif
    @Kabam Miike is unlucky supposed to be able to reduce Mordo's ability accuracy?
  • ESFESF Posts: 1,074 ★★★★
    OkamiKage wrote: »
    4b34cdg63o1o.gif

Is she banging him because the Power Gain is on cooldown and therefore isn't gaining? Or because by attacking him, he isn't proccing Fury by charging up?

My gosh. Either one is insane
  • OkamiKageOkamiKage Posts: 13
    edited June 2018
    ESF wrote: »
    4b34cdg63o1o.gif

Is she banging him because the Power Gain is on cooldown and therefore isn't gaining? Or because by attacking him, he isn't proccing Fury by charging up?

My parry failed when she dashed in.
  • MSRDLDMSRDLD Posts: 665 ★★★
    4b34cdg63o1o.gif

But wait, Mordo is supposed to be immune to ability accuracy modifications a la Blade and his danger sense synergies!

Womp womp.

This is almost as funny a fail as when we all got quadrillions of gold on accident.
  • RotellyRotelly Posts: 413 ★★★
    MSRDLD wrote: »
    4b34cdg63o1o.gif

But wait, Mordo is supposed to be immune to ability accuracy modifications a la Blade and his danger sense synergies!

Womp womp.

This is almost as funny a fail as when we all got quadrillions of gold on accident.

Mordo in his "Astral" form is immune to AAR
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 2,992 ★★★★★
    Since we have been redirected to the official thread and the other related threads about Domino’s bugs have been closed (aka “customer service”), when can we expect answers here to the legitimate questions raised about Domino in those threads?

Dr. Zola
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 2,992 ★★★★★
    edited June 2018
    Specifically, relating to what constitutes her abilities to trigger and what doesn’t. Pretty basic questions.

Dr. Zola
    Specifically, relating to what constitutes her abilities to trigger and what doesn’t. Pretty basic questions.

Dr. Zola

Precisely, I think we really need a big long list of what triggers it. So we know what to avoid, (essentially it feels like we need to stop playing to avoid it)
  • ClintBeastwoodClintBeastwood Posts: 78
    edited June 2018
    MSRDLD wrote: »
    4b34cdg63o1o.gif

Womp womp.

That was a legendary day. I still have the screenshot of my gold almost reaching the units stash on the right side of the screen
    edited June 2018
    @Kabam Miike
    I’ve got an issue with domino critical failure, specifically in RoL against captain marvel. I’ve put a gif below.
    ywfxe01rmtyk.gif
    You can see that at the very start of the fight, literally, even before I hit parry critical failure triggers. All I can think of is that the fury ability is failing. But here is my issue, because domino triggers critical failure whether the attack lands or not.

Either on one hand domino is bugged and triggering Critical failure randomly or on the other, when the AI (or the player when fighting against domino) launches an attack, regardless of if it hits, is parried or dexterity’d away; critical failure will trigger anyway.

This happens in a lot of situations, when crossbones hits Domino’s block he degens because there’s technically a % chance to trigger fury when he begins his attack, but it’s blocked so in reality there is a 0% chance.

Domino working like this is frankly just tiring. I don’t want to see the game release more unavoidable damage, it’s sad and removes a hell of a lot of fun from the game for me. The fact that Domino can make abilities, that can only be triggered from hitting the opponent, fail when they hit a block or even when they hit nothing, if it’s evaded, is ridiculous.

How can fury from a hit fail, when no hit occurs?

Thanks for pointing this out!

For Captain Marvel, there is a hidden Buff that she gains at the beginning of the fight that basically tracks her Power Meter and corresponds with an Attack Buff. This is her Signature Ability. This is not an interaction we intended, and while it's not really a "bug", it's one we're going to fix.

As for Crossbones, did he already have any Fury buffs active? As you know, Crossbones gains ability accuracy reduction with each stack of Fury that he has Active. When he fails to Reduce her Ability Accuracy, he is triggering the Critical Failure.

Brilliant about captain marvel, are there any other champs that have this same interaction we shouldn’t be seeing? And is it similar to what happened with voodoo with his invisible debuff?

With crossbones it happened with both situations.

https://giphy.com/gifs/1aiWOC0DmtrMQWOA8S/html5
    Here’s (I think) a gif

It’s odd that failing to reduce AA counts as failure, it doesn’t make sense.
  • Madman_marvinMadman_marvin Posts: 277 ★★
    They closed down the other thread about Domino. So I guess I'll have to ask here. Was it intended that AA get degened to death just for holding block because of the way Domino is programmed?
  • blindside493blindside493 Posts: 51
    They closed down the other thread about Domino. So I guess I'll have to ask here. Was it intended that AA get degened to death just for holding block because of the way Domino is programmed?

They said yes - it was intentional. Apparently AA has a hidden chance to poison the defender on every block. However that "chance" is 0% until a bleed is applied. Each bleed increases the chance 25%.

So as bat-crazy at that sounds, yes they think that is good idea. Even though you have a 0% chance to place a poison debuff, you're still procing critical failure on EVERY BLOCK.
  • MSRDLDMSRDLD Posts: 665 ★★★
    edited June 2018
    I can only imagine what someone new to this game thinks when fighting Domino, a character he or she has probably never heard of, killing him or her by literally doing anything and everything.

I think that person would say "WTF" and uninstall the game.
    Most degen from champs can be managed. Her's it seems the answer is to just pray the RNG goes your way. Otherwise, you're screwed.
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 1,704 ★★★
    Captain marvel... hidden debuff... sounds familar... dr voodoo anyone????
    Who else has this???
    Does MS Marvel?? She has the same sig???
    Someone needs to go through and check every champ....

So by failing to reduce ability accuracy u get degened....
    OMG Kabam......
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit instead of answering all our questions about wat does and doesnt affect her ability how about you release a list of what doesnt affect her ability.
    This would be a very short list....
    RN i feel like even opening the game is a 50/50 chance domino degens me...

But yeah imagine this to someone new to mcoc... they are just gunna be like wtf just happened... this game is crazy bs.... and then quit never to be seen again.... not cool...
  • CuteshelfCuteshelf Posts: 747 ★★★
    we need a complete list of abilities dominos ability affects.
  • @Kabam Miike
    I’ve got an issue with domino critical failure, specifically in RoL against captain marvel. I’ve put a gif below.
    ywfxe01rmtyk.gif
    You can see that at the very start of the fight, literally, even before I hit parry critical failure triggers. All I can think of is that the fury ability is failing. But here is my issue, because domino triggers critical failure whether the attack lands or not.

Either on one hand domino is bugged and triggering Critical failure randomly or on the other, when the AI (or the player when fighting against domino) launches an attack, regardless of if it hits, is parried or dexterity’d away; critical failure will trigger anyway.

This happens in a lot of situations, when crossbones hits Domino’s block he degens because there’s technically a % chance to trigger fury when he begins his attack, but it’s blocked so in reality there is a 0% chance.

Domino working like this is frankly just tiring. I don’t want to see the game release more unavoidable damage, it’s sad and removes a hell of a lot of fun from the game for me. The fact that Domino can make abilities, that can only be triggered from hitting the opponent, fail when they hit a block or even when they hit nothing, if it’s evaded, is ridiculous.

For Captain Marvel, there is a hidden Buff that she gains at the beginning of the fight that basically tracks her Power Meter and corresponds with an Attack Buff. This is her Signature Ability. This is not an interaction we intended, and while it's not really a "bug", it's one we're going to fix.

As for Crossbones, did he already have any Fury buffs active? As you know, Crossbones gains ability accuracy reduction with each stack of Fury that he has Active. When he fails to Reduce her Ability Accuracy, he is triggering the Critical Failure.

Brilliant about captain marvel, are there any other champs that have this same interaction we shouldn’t be seeing? And is it similar to what happened with voodoo with his invisible debuff?

Here’s (I think) a gif

I can't seem to make that GIF work, but I will have the team test with both Furies on, and Off.

As for Captain Marvel/Ms Marvel, there are some other Champions with Abilities that trigger at the start of a fight (I think Storm might be one of them, but I can't say for certain). We're not going to make a change to Captain/Ms Marvel, but the way that Domino interacts with those abilities. This way, we aren't going to have to change the way those abilities work for each individual.
    @Kabam Miike one thing i will say is that if this is the level of champ we can expect to be added to the contest from now on.... i mean domino has some serious damage potential aside from her bs abilities... massacre has some serious damage output....
    Older champs really need to be looked at.... almost all 1yr old and older pale in comparison to the likes of what domino can bring to the table.
    We are getting some seriously powerful champs coming along. Champs like domino and massacre are almost unknowns in the marvel universe whilst you have the likes of sentry, carnage, colossus and others who are just soooo darn weak.... you some decently powerful champs like wolvie, sw who are going to struggle to keep up with the meta if we cant get them in a 5 or 6*.

Just something else to bring to the attention of the team in regards to severly powerful champs like domino.

But seriously can we just have it so that domino cannot stop you from dexing??? Not degen you when your ability can never trigger...
    @Kabam Miike
    ywfxe01rmtyk.gif

Here’s (I think) a gif

I can't seem to make that GIF work, but I will have the team test with both Furies on, and Off.

As for Captain Marvel/Ms Marvel, there are some other Champions with Abilities that trigger at the start of a fight (I think Storm might be one of them, but I can't say for certain). We're not going to make a change to Captain/Ms Marvel, but the way that Domino interacts with those abilities. This way, we aren't going to have to change the way those abilities work for each individual.

I have it as a video but my free GIF maker app says I’ve ran out of free gifs so can’t upload anymore, would screenshots of it help? Or how can I upload videos here? k7wlamk4kj04.png
    nk9rhf8tpc7e.png
    Just everyone wait till the whales get their hands on 6* domino!!!!!
    So we can have 6* domino yet 5* wolive would be op... lmao
  • Haji_SaabHaji_Saab Posts: 3,517 ★★★★★
    Ha, so i was right about her issue being the same as Dr Vodoo vs Void thingy.

I am not even in software industry but even I could see that happening with such an ability. Wonder what the Q&A guys were thinking!
    Haji_Saab wrote: »
    Ha, so i was right about her issue being the same as Dr Vodoo vs Void thingy.

I am not even in software industry but even I could see that happening with such an ability. Wonder what the Q&A guys were thinking!

Dolla dolla bills yall is what I believe they were thinking.
  • gohard123gohard123 Posts: 733 ★★★
    edited June 2018
    xtlee56cbp0o.png
    Tech champions are never unlucky however she placed an unlucky passive on hulk buster. This was in arena and happened at the start of the fight. I think she had the cable synergy not too sure