Champion Spotlight - Domino

191012141518

Comments

  • Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 1,704 ★★★
    U guys are nuts.....

    It wasnt mentioned it should either.....
    That is a pointless argument used to back up any point you want it to.....

    This is not a nerf by any standards.....
    It is common sense.....
    Domino was literally breaking champs and therefore breaking the game.....
    U soend your time and money grinding for a champ that you can easily see is broken. What do you think is gunna happen??? She needs to be fixed....

    She was released as a champ that was having seriously bad and unintended affects across the battlerealm...
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 1,704 ★★★
    edited June 2018
    wh5s1xf94j6e.jpeg

    @GroundedWisdom clearly uninntended

    Hidden buffs it was not meant to be acting on... therefore unintended
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 1,704 ★★★
    CodePlay wrote: »
    Maat1985 wrote: »
    CodePlay wrote: »
    Hey All,

    We are just about to push a fix for Domino's interaction with Champions like Captain Marvel. After this fix is live, Domino will no longer negate abilities that start at the beginning of the fight. This means, Champions like Dr Voodoo, that gains a Regeneration Buff at the beginning of the fight, don't need to worry about a Critical Failure being triggered before ever throwing a punch.

    Since this is not a bug and change on her interaction, is considered as a change on Domino, do those who got her and ranked her deserve to get specific rank down ticket? This is a change on character and just pointing out the word by Kabam that specific RDT's only given for character change.

    Lmao..... it is not a bug..... but it was unintended and breaking other champions....

    That change wasn't the answer/fix to the questionable triggers. Stopping her ability to trigger at start of fight is actually a nerf to her and it wasn't mentioned in her spotlight.

    Her energy dmg isn't much of a threat in wars as it wasn't scaled, and actually triggering it constantly lowers the dmg. (She's only challenging in events coz her energy dmg is boosted). So this change actually nerf her, didn't fix her nor make her better.

    It is a fix. It isnt about thenenergy damage itself. Its about her stopping the abilities of a champ before anything can even happen... breaking captain marvel by making the hidden buff fail that causes her to operate her sig.....
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 1,704 ★★★
    People need to take some responsibility here too....
    It has been pretty obvious there has been many questions/issues surrounding this champ yet you decided to grind/spend for her anyway.
    There has been clear indication that kabam has been looking into her and it is plainly obvious when you fight her she is severly unbalanced.

    This is worse than someone who runs across a road and then sues the car driver when they get hit
  • Haji_SaabHaji_Saab Posts: 2,716 ★★★★★
    @Kabam Miike
    I’ve got an issue with domino critical failure, specifically in RoL against captain marvel. I’ve put a gif below.
    ywfxe01rmtyk.gif
    You can see that at the very start of the fight, literally, even before I hit parry critical failure triggers. All I can think of is that the fury ability is failing. But here is my issue, because domino triggers critical failure whether the attack lands or not.

    Either on one hand domino is bugged and triggering Critical failure randomly or on the other, when the AI (or the player when fighting against domino) launches an attack, regardless of if it hits, is parried or dexterity’d away; critical failure will trigger anyway.

    This happens in a lot of situations, when crossbones hits Domino’s block he degens because there’s technically a % chance to trigger fury when he begins his attack, but it’s blocked so in reality there is a 0% chance.

    Domino working like this is frankly just tiring. I don’t want to see the game release more unavoidable damage, it’s sad and removes a hell of a lot of fun from the game for me. The fact that Domino can make abilities, that can only be triggered from hitting the opponent, fail when they hit a block or even when they hit nothing, if it’s evaded, is ridiculous.

    How can fury from a hit fail, when no hit occurs?



    When he fails to Reduce her Ability Accuracy, he is triggering the Critical Failure.

    As I said Domino has taken the game into philosophical, but this is now Nietzche level stuff.
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 1,704 ★★★
    @Kabam Miike please explain me this one.........

    I was fighting domino in a merc mission with my 4/55 medusa.
    I had 2 armor breaks on her.
    I launched my sp1 which should have resulted in armor shatter.
    At the time my armor breaks should have converted to armor shatter she gained lucky passive.
    My armor breaks dissapeared but she never became armor shattered.
    I also never suffered critical failure.....
    If my ability did not fail where is my armor shatter???
    If it failed where is her crit failure debuff.....

    lf1w12bmhht6.gif

    It is just bug after bug and problem after problem with domino
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 19,359 ★★★★★
    Maat1985 wrote: »
    wh5s1xf94j6e.jpeg

    @GroundedWisdom clearly uninntended

    Hidden buffs it was not meant to be acting on... therefore unintended

    Semantical really, but the Ability was working as it set out to do. What wasn't intended was for it to interact with the hidden Buffs. Either way, I understand what he meant.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 2,598 ★★★★★
    edited June 2018
    Could we get an official comment on how Proxima and Domino are supposed to interact—specifically as it relates to Proxima’s ability to parry projectiles and reduce offensive ability accuracy. Is luck or whatever Domino wields offensive or defensive? Is it potentially either, depending on whether she is attacking or defending? Why?

    Thanks in advance.

    Dr. Zola
    t5utvqr0mjeo.png
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 2,598 ★★★★★
    I’m not sure I would go so far as to say that Domino has been nerfed—yet.

    But I do think the focus needs to be on how her luck interacts with abilities that have either a 100% or a 0% chance to process. That’s probably first priority. Once those are settled, then we can see if she’s been diminished enough to be classified as “nerfed.”

    Dr. Zola
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 919 ★★★
    Guys ghost and wasp will be her counter. If you haven't noticed they release an impossible champ then a champ to counter after to maximize profits. This game is no longer about skill level.
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 1,704 ★★★
    Zuko_ILC wrote: »
    Guys ghost and wasp will be her counter. If you haven't noticed they release an impossible champ then a champ to counter after to maximize profits. This game is no longer about skill level.

    doesnt matter because domino is still clearly bugged.....
    stopping abilities triggering but not applying crit failure...... (medusa armor shatter)
    triggering crit failure without actually stopping the buff..... (og vision powergain)

    so regardless of if a counter comes she still needs to be fixed
  • Haji_SaabHaji_Saab Posts: 2,716 ★★★★★
    Maat1985 wrote: »
    @Kabam Miike please explain me this one.........

    I was fighting domino in a merc mission with my 4/55 medusa.
    I had 2 armor breaks on her.
    I launched my sp1 which should have resulted in armor shatter.
    At the time my armor breaks should have converted to armor shatter she gained lucky passive.
    My armor breaks dissapeared but she never became armor shattered.
    I also never suffered critical failure.....
    If my ability did not fail where is my armor shatter???
    If it failed where is her crit failure debuff.....

    lf1w12bmhht6.gif

    It is just bug after bug and problem after problem with domino

    She was lucky to not have her armor shattered. You are being too literal in trying to understand Domino's ability by reading them as they are listed in the game. Raise your game mate.
  • 313rd313rd Posts: 135
    DrZola wrote: »
    Could we get an official comment on how Proxima and Domino are supposed to interact—specifically as it relates to Proxima’s ability to parry projectiles and reduce offensive ability accuracy. Is luck or whatever Domino wields offensive or defensive? Is it potentially either, depending on whether she is attacking or defending? Why?

    Thanks in advance.

    Dr. Zola
    t5utvqr0mjeo.png

    Yes yes this is my question.

  • Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 1,704 ★★★
    Have you guys also see this thread bout her evading whilst coldsnapped????
    http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/74780/domino-s-evade-vs-coldsnap#latest
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 1,704 ★★★
    @BigDaddyJoe that helps nobody with anything.
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 1,704 ★★★
    Yeah and it bs @BigDaddyJoe ... champs are broken...
    And they cant tell us how or why or anything... we need to know how abilities and such interact otherwise how
    Do we play properly
  • PaytoPlayPaytoPlay Posts: 763 ★★★
    Maat1985 wrote: »
    i am sure now we will start seeing new champs released that have this ability
    "abilities of this champ can never fail"

    I thought AA mordo mephisto is already like that...
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 1,704 ★★★
    PaytoPlay wrote: »
    Maat1985 wrote: »
    i am sure now we will start seeing new champs released that have this ability
    "abilities of this champ can never fail"

    I thought AA mordo mephisto is already like that...

    No....
    Now they have ability accuracy reduction immunity.....
    But.....
    This does not extend to cover masteries....
    AA has a 25% chance per poison to cause bleed. If he doesnt cause poison it is considered fail. Heck it is even fail when his ability is 0%....

    So whilst he has ability reduction immunity his abilities can stil suffer failure..
  • ImranImran Posts: 212
    edited June 2018
    Hey guys, plz stop she is weak in awd. She got 0 kills while ironman iw still getting kill.. But she is a good attacker. She will benefit u more in attacking.
  • ImranImran Posts: 212
    They nerf domino bcoz newbie are crazy. Don't know where they were when modok, ironman iw released! Domino nothing in awd.
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 1,704 ★★★
    edited June 2018
    Imran wrote: »
    Hey guys, plz stop she is weak in awd. She got 0 kills while ironman iw still getting kill.. But she is a good attacker. She will benefit u more in attacking.

    First lmao.
    But even if you are correct......
    Still doesnt change the fact she is full of bugs and causing all kinds of wierd stuff to happen...
    Medusa = armor shatter doesnot appear and no crit failure... i suspect a bug with lucky....
    Og vision = failing to synthesise yet still getting power....
    HE = random mid combo failures
    Crossbones = critical failure because he fails to reduce her accuracy
    AA = failing due to a 0% chance ability...
    Hulkbuster = getting affected by an unlucky....
    Block breaking
    Failing to move

    Thats is just he bugs i know off the top of my head... read back through this and i am sure there will be more... and i am sure even more we have not yet found....
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 1,704 ★★★
    Why doesn’t critical failure trigger willpower? I don’t think I’ve heard anyone ask that question

    Crit failure does not trigger willpower because crit failure is a passive ability applied to you
    Willpower only triggers due to debuffs
    Not abilities
Sign In or Register to comment.