Champion Spotlight - Domino

Comments

• Haji_SaabHaji_Saab Posts: 2,357
    Rotelly wrote: »
    • Opponents take 753 Energy Damage over 1.5 second(s) whenever their abilities have a chance to trigger but don’t. Potency decreases temporarily for consecutive triggers.

Please add developer notes, we need more info on her sig ability

I asked to get more information on her Sig Ability. Let me know if this helps:

Any time Domino's opponent has a chance to trigger an ability, but fails, they take a brief Damage over Time debuff. This does not stack, so if it happens in quick succession, it will renew, and not stack. For instance, Wolverine has X% chance to trigger a Regen on a critical hit. Any Critical Hit he makes that does not trigger a regen, will suffer from this Energy Damage Over Time debuff.

Does that clear things up?

Except wolverine doesn’t have the critical hit ability regen regen anymore, that’s the old model. Now he has a 14% chance to trigger his normal regen and an 8% chance to trigger his sig regen. So basically every hit he doesn’t trigger both of his regens he will get energy damage.

When you use a duped wolv against domino she has a 98.88% chance per hit to cause energy damage. Doesn’t that sound a little odd to you?

Edit: adding on Domino’s ability reduction makes it a 99.1% chance for energy damage each time wolv hits

That is exactly how she works. My sparky got damaged on each parry and evade because his innate evade of 3% didn’t trigger. Some BS
  • RotellyRotelly Posts: 237
    @Hulksmasshh yeah this should be limited to special attacks
  • RotellyRotelly Posts: 237
    i knew it
    Luck == Skill
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 2,857
    Is domino’s ability reduction a flat 15%?
    I.e you have Wolverine’s regen triggering at 14% on an attack. Is it a flat reduction of 14%-15% so a 0% chance to trigger? Or 15% of 14 which is now a 11.9% chance to trigger?
  • Vale84Vale84 Posts: 310
    Rotelly wrote: »
    i knew it
    Luck == Skill

Asking for one, single season where skills would be predominant nad what mattered was too much, i guess. Let's give some scraps to who will be able to spend tons for her, barricade their defense with her, and literally fake out a whole season of skilledd wars' results with a broken champ spammed in the last 8.

Sounds like a good excuse to forget about it and move over.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 2,857
    Does gladiator hulk’s Face Me activate from the energy damage?
  • SuiggSuigg Posts: 4
    Domino can through a block?

She hit me several times even though I was blocking

Anyway Block counts as an ability even?
  • Hi i have issues on accessing the mercs for money event quest and the quests arent appearing for me. How do i fix it
  • Looks like the answer is to always use tech Champions against her
  • gadgetfanaticgadgetfanatic Posts: 136
    edited June 2018
    After my read through her abilities, don't let her reach a bar of power or minimal power bar fills. use the most damage with minimal hits so your combo only rises at the slowest rate. Don't use skill champs. Avoid using champs that have chance ability triggers or just use those with very high chance ability triggers. When she is lucky, watch out for that 10% evade. When your unlucky, don't use dex and your block is weaker so INTERCEPT would be ideal. So on the top of my head, best champ to use is vision, CA WW2, Ronan, Dorm, psylocke? But hell, i hate this champ if i go up against her in war.
    Looks like the answer is to always use tech Champions against her

Try stark spidey and see what happens.
    After my read through her abilities, don't let her reach a bar of power or minimal power bar fills. use the most damage with minimal hits so your combo only rises at the slowest rate. Don't use skill champs. Avoid using champs that have chance ability triggers or just use those with very high chance ability triggers. When she is lucky, watch out for that 10% evade. When your unlucky, don't use dex and your block is weaker so INTERCEPT would be ideal. So on the top of my head, best champ to use is vision, CA WW2, Ronan? But hell, i hate this champ if i go up against her in war.

That is a serie of things to keep track of which most likely will be impossible to keep track of on an AW node. On top, the boosted hp and atk pool will just kill you. No matter how fast and hard you can hit, 40k hp will alwais finish up before 100k+ hps when you take damage even doing nothing.
  • WolfeWolfe Posts: 272
    Why is she able to bypass blocks? I was blocking and she just bypass the blocks and combo-ed me into oblivion?
  • So she can just cause auto evade to fail and tech spidey eats a grenade for breakfast? This happening to anyone else?

hhnq6f5d3wyg.jpeg
  • CuteshelfCuteshelf Posts: 747
    So she can just cause auto evade to fail and tech spidey eats a grenade for breakfast? This happening to anyone else?

hhnq6f5d3wyg.jpeg

Not just auto evade, dexterity evade too.
    It happened to me twice this morning. KOd by that bloody grenade.
  • bpunk88bpunk88 Posts: 104
    nu7nsbxgyk9p.gif

Archangel's abilities being reduced by Domino. Please fix.
    Happened in the first Assassin Assignment. Parry worked the first time, but not the second even though the "Parry" message appeared.
    @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit
    Wolfe wrote: »
    Why is she able to bypass blocks? I was blocking and she just bypass the blocks and combo-ed me into oblivion?

seems so, got hit twice testing block vs her and both time she just broke it.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 1,471
    bpunk88 wrote: »

Happened in the first Assassin Assignment. Parry worked the first time, but not the second even though the "Parry" message appeared.

I'm going out on a limb and I could be way off but parry is not an innate ability to AA that is unaffected by ability reduction.

• V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 2,851
    phillgreen wrote: »
    bpunk88 wrote: »

I'm going out on a limb and I could be way off but parry is not an innate ability to AA that is unaffected by ability reduction.

AA’s parry still isn’t affected by champs like BW, Elektra, and Crossbones. I know for a fact AA’s parry accuracy isn’t affected by BW because I fought her like 10 times recently finishing 5.1 and 5.2

In what part of domino's profile, says that she can do it?

It is not the first time they write badly or forget to put skills of the champion

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Zibiit
  • linuxlinux Posts: 261
    Suigg wrote: »

It is not the first time they write badly or forget to put skills of the champion

I just tried. I have clear video (I went through it slowly) showing me triggering critical failure on a successful use of dexterity (????? -- this surprised me so much IRL that I sat there and let her kill me) one of two parries which didn't stun (???? why didn't the first trigger it? I don't know if she broke the block or I released it, but I suspect she broke it on the critical failure) and a normal critical hit under 18% (?????????????????????? why did that trigger it? why?)

This looks like bugs to me -- I don't think it's functioning as described.
    [snip]

I still have one question: who thought this was a good idea? None of the champs have ever been balanced wrt the inverse probabilities for skill activation. You could maybe have made this work if the chance of critical failure was the same as the original chance of activation (so champs would be more likely to trigger critical failure if they were highly likely for the skill to activate, and it didn't) ... but as it stands, it randomly redistributes champion effectiveness in a way that's rather unbalanced and not particularly fun.

On the plus side, at least in the EQ, vision is OK as a counter. I just don't think he'll be a viable counter for AW unless the bugs(?) are fixed.
    linux wrote: »
    Suigg wrote: »

I just tried. I have clear video (I went through it slowly) showing me triggering critical failure on a successful use of dexterity (????? -- this surprised me so much IRL that I sat there and let her kill me) one of two parries which didn't stun (???? why didn't the first trigger it? I don't know if she broke the block or I released it, but I suspect she broke it on the critical failure) and a normal critical hit under 18% (?????????????????????? why did that trigger it? why?)

This looks like bugs to me -- I don't think it's functioning as described.
    [snip]

I still have one question: who thought this was a good idea? None of the champs have ever been balanced wrt the inverse probabilities for skill activation. You could maybe have made this work if the chance of critical failure was the same as the original chance of activation (so champs would be more likely to trigger critical failure if they were highly likely for the skill to activate, and it didn't) ... but as it stands, it randomly redistributes champion effectiveness in a way that's rather unbalanced and not particularly fun.

On the plus side, at least in the EQ, vision is OK as a counter. I just don't think he'll be a viable counter for AW unless the bugs(?) are fixed.

Exactly

Also blocks is not an ability
    it's as if the critical failure will be activated by just running or throw a hit, I do not really understand why it also affect to block
  • kpkumardtskpkumardts Posts: 58
    The war on parry and dexterity continues. Seriously just about done with this game now.

they can't (and Don't) fix this issues so they r releasing the champs with this ability so u will think that their ability LOL
    It is not good to nerf the mastery (indirectly )
  • Blitzkilla420Blitzkilla420 Posts: 561
    edited June 2018
    Constructive criticism - domino is a little too op/overpowered (for those that don't know) and she should be failed back a little like not dealing so much energy damage per proc of her lucky ability.

She right now will be so overpowered as an aw main boss or even mini boss and it would unbalance war in the game.

Please nerf her a little