Champion Spotlight - Domino

Comments

• CuteshelfCuteshelf Posts: 747 ★★★
    Hulk_77 wrote: »
    I think if critical failure only triggered when her ability accuracy mechanics CAUSED the failure of something it would be fine. As is she's clearly broken.

I agree. But it should not work on things like Dexterity evade and block.
  • Ethans8279Ethans8279 Posts: 120
    As she is broken, only use a perfect block team and smash Domino with SL or Vision or Ultron . Btw I used GG to take down Domino.
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 1,704 ★★★
    quake and he synergy. increase aa by 15%....... will counter dominos aa reduction.... certainly helpful.......
  • GamerGamer Posts: 4,437 ★★★★
    Mcord117 wrote: »
    Rotelly wrote: »
    Maat1985 wrote: »
    Just reposting my gif of how much damage gets done to a 6* juggs cus failed dex and i eat a heavy....
    12uujuc1j5kv.gif

That is explosive personality and heavy attack damage

He attempted to evade heavy but the evade failed thus the critical failure
    Yeah and rush in after
    Gamer wrote: »
    Mcord117 wrote: »
    Rotelly wrote: »
    Just reposting my gif of how much damage gets done to a 6* juggs cus failed dex and i eat a heavy....
    12uujuc1j5kv.gif

That is explosive personality and heavy attack damage

He attempted to evade heavy but the evade failed thus the critical failure
    Yeah and rush in after

yes as i said i realised why i suddenly dropped dead from 21%.....
    that is not the point here.....
    the point is you have a damn near perfect fight......
    you try and dex a heavy cus you really dont have any other option and then lose 50% of your life......
    yes i ran in and hit her block and died.....
    but if my dex didnt fail then the rest of the fight is a differens scenario....

are you really standing up and saying that domino causing dex to fail is ok????
    no. Thah Not ok if u hav read long op im hav say she shuld Not caluce US. Dex/ evade it far to much. She totalt brokken

• NicksFury2099NicksFury2099 Posts: 20
    If you post a video with any four star against 6 star duped Domino, of course you will lose
    If you post a video with any four star against 6 star duped Domino, of course you will lose

i posted my 6* v 6* and crit failure on a dex trying to escape a heavy and then getting badly screwed....
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 2,044 ★★★★
    edited June 2018
    I've a question about loading screens -like this:
    i8nkztrdwitc.png

They've covered pretty useless stuff for a long time, like "Tech champions are good against Mutants" and I've wondered about suggesting they get updated.

I thought I knew them all: So when did this one show up? Is it recent?
    ls9ljt3blghe.png

I ask here because it seems it could be relevant to our newest champion, Domino.
  • Blitzkilla420Blitzkilla420 Posts: 561 ★★★
    the community has expressed concerns and with just cause on domino being so OverPowered. @Kabam Miike can you please confirm when you will nerf her cause this is worse than sw or ds before 12.0 and you guys had to nerf them.

my constructive criticism of course is - nerf her or add adjustments (since you stated you can quickly like you did with sentry) to older champs so we can have more champs to use. dont just keep making new OP champs and keep old champs around that are outdated and can still be obtained in 5* crystals
  • Madman_marvinMadman_marvin Posts: 256 ★★
    v39ouw574uxe.gif
    Finally was able to get this to embed. AA gets wrecked by critical failure.
  • RotellyRotelly Posts: 358 ★★★
    If the opponent is Unlucky, this attack has +251 Attack Rating for each second that passed since the last time Domino hit with a Special Attack.

Is that since domino was hit with a special attack or hit the opponent with a special attack?
  • taojay1taojay1 Posts: 1,062 ★★★
    I've a question about loading screens -like this:
    i8nkztrdwitc.png

They've covered pretty useless stuff for a long time, like "Tech champions are good against Mutants" and I've wondered about suggesting they get updated.

I thought I knew them all: So when did this one show up? Is it recent?
    ls9ljt3blghe.png

I ask here because it seems it could be relevant to our newest champion, Domino.

Very interesting. This is probably the first tip that is actually insightful, kinda strange that they only added it now
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 755 ★★★
    So what champs have the most chances to proc stuff and push the degen damage down towards zero in a hurry? CAIW sig ability comes to mind on WTBs.
  • PalanthraxPalanthrax Posts: 530 ★★★
    I think the point of this champ is that you have to take damage, there is no workaround, hence the mastery interaction. They’ve been trying for months to build the ultimate defender and they finally managed it.

Meph with Dorm synergy has 80% energy resistance when taking damage over time, maybe he can kill her, especially with the heal in reserve.
  • ImranImran Posts: 212
    edited June 2018
    12uujuc1j5kv.gif

why u giving wrong info. That's node damage, not her. After 5 armour buff, it explode and cause huge damage. Just don't hit on block then it will be ok. Also u take heavy from her.
    Imran wrote: »
    12uujuc1j5kv.gif

why u giving wrong info. That's node damage, not her. After 5 armour buff, it explode and cause huge damage. Just don't hit on block then it will be ok. Also u take heavy from her.
    Why is u clerey Not se he culd Not swipe back becasse she caunel dexstry
  • GabbrosGabbros Posts: 157
    I recall all the cries regarding magik...
  • Mcord117Mcord117 Posts: 1,287 ★★★★
    Gabbros wrote: »

I do not have the same recollection. This isn’t the same type of thing at all but it is what it is apparently. We will see once she starts showing up on aw defense
  • JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    Gabbros wrote: »

People complained about the interaction between dexterity and MD reagarding Magik. Not Magik herself. Also she can be countered with AA reduction.

Domino is a different beast altogether.
    Imran wrote: »
    12uujuc1j5kv.gif

the failed dexterity that happens which causes me to cop the heavy.....
    not the final damage that kills me....
    watch it again @Imran
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 2,890 ★★★★★
    The main issue with domino is that since it affects masteries, there is no single counter to domino. There are only champions who die less quickly because they have less abilities.

Although saying that, mark my words that if Domino does prove to be a terror on AW defence there will be a champ eventually that has a cool new ability that is “this champion enables immunity to abilities that affect their masteries and their ability accuracy”.
    i am sure now we will start seeing new champs released that have this ability
    "abilities of this champ can never fail"
    i dont think domino really needs this bs ability. i mean even without it she is insanely strong one or maybe two slipups and you are gone..... dead for all money..... and she has a unique moveset.
  • taojay1taojay1 Posts: 1,062 ★★★
    Let's not blow this out of proportion. Yes, it currently looks like Domino has the potential to be a great defender. But don't forget that it was already stated that degen will not scale with boosted attack in aw, so the damage we are currently seeing won't be as bad as in uncollected eq. Additionally, the potency reduces for consecutive triggers, so actually if you keep triggering critical failure you won't take as much damage since the timer keeps resetting.

Other points- people are very concerned that domino prevents dexterity from working, but remember that this hinges on being unlucky. Therefore a great way to counter her is to either use tech champs, or power control. This is yet another situation where quake is once again an excellent choice. Any other none-skill ability accuracy reducers will also work nicely. This is also not the first champ with this ability- sentinel and void both reduce dexterity.

In my opinion, the worst aspect of domino is that mastery triggers critical failure. Certain masteries by themselves (namely parry, dexterity, syg) I think are fair game for critical failure. but stuff like perfect block should not count, due to the fact that it already has a miniscule chance of occurring.