Champion Spotlight - Domino

Comments

• Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 1,704 ★★★
    its not being blown out of proportion when she is causing you to not dex when you are not unlucky...... (i think this may have been hotfixed)...... iof you cant dex you cant move and will get hit and will die.....
    AA should be a good option... but she destroys him because of a bad interaction with his poison and block.....

8igy64hec17y.png

is quake a good option??? quake is not a good option when it is seemingly difficult to get her heavy charging..... also not a good option if domino causes her evade to fail..... also not a good option if domino causes her aftershock charges or concussion damage to fail...... lots of ways quake could fail....
  • ESFESF Posts: 1,063 ★★★★
    taojay1 wrote: »
    Let's not blow this out of proportion. Yes, it currently looks like Domino has the potential to be a great defender. But don't forget that it was already stated that degen will not scale with boosted attack in aw, so the damage we are currently seeing won't be as bad as in uncollected eq. Additionally, the potency reduces for consecutive triggers, so actually if you keep triggering critical failure you won't take as much damage since the timer keeps resetting.

Other points- people are very concerned that domino prevents dexterity from working, but remember that this hinges on being unlucky. Therefore a great way to counter her is to either use tech champs, or power control. This is yet another situation where quake is once again an excellent choice. Any other none-skill ability accuracy reducers will also work nicely. This is also not the first champ with this ability- sentinel and void both reduce dexterity.

In my opinion, the worst aspect of domino is that mastery triggers critical failure. Certain masteries by themselves (namely parry, dexterity, syg) I think are fair game for critical failure. but stuff like perfect block should not count, due to the fact that it already has a miniscule chance of occurring.

I agree with some of this. There are counters. My thing is that you gotta get the block break addressed, and then you probably need to look at either parry or evade being neutralized. It should never be both.
  • taojay1taojay1 Posts: 1,062 ★★★
    ESF wrote: »
    Let's not blow this out of proportion. Yes, it currently looks like Domino has the potential to be a great defender. But don't forget that it was already stated that degen will not scale with boosted attack in aw, so the damage we are currently seeing won't be as bad as in uncollected eq. Additionally, the potency reduces for consecutive triggers, so actually if you keep triggering critical failure you won't take as much damage since the timer keeps resetting.

Other points- people are very concerned that domino prevents dexterity from working, but remember that this hinges on being unlucky. Therefore a great way to counter her is to either use tech champs, or power control. This is yet another situation where quake is once again an excellent choice. Any other none-skill ability accuracy reducers will also work nicely. This is also not the first champ with this ability- sentinel and void both reduce dexterity.

In my opinion, the worst aspect of domino is that mastery triggers critical failure. Certain masteries by themselves (namely parry, dexterity, syg) I think are fair game for critical failure. but stuff like perfect block should not count, due to the fact that it already has a miniscule chance of occurring.

I agree with some of this. There are counters. My thing is that you gotta get the block break addressed, and then you probably need to look at either parry or evade being neutralized. It should never be both.

True. They did mention that block breaking is unintended and being looked into. Parry being bypassed is fair in my opinion, it requires players to play as stun immune (similar to fighting bw, bpcw, mordo, hood, taskmaster, etc.). Dex being bypassed is a bit less fair as there is no skill aspect, but at least it can be somewhat avoided by using tech champs or by preventing domino from filling power bars.

@Maat1985 also fair points. In multiple posts now, kabam has stated that they are looking into her abilities, and also considering player feedback. I think people need to calm down a bit and see how things play out. If nothing is fixed by the time she is available in aw, then players have a right to be outraged, to some extent. Speaking of quake, I did forget that domino automatically reduces ability accuracy by 15% at the start of the fight, so that could bypass quakes evade. However, quake herself reduces aa by 100% while heavy charging or while the opponent is concussed, so that in turn would prevent domino from preventing those abilities...right? Kabam has never been super clear about how anything works when it comes to ability accuracy, especially with blades danger sense
  • Hulk_77Hulk_77 Posts: 782 ★★★
    The main issue with domino is that since it affects masteries, there is no single counter to domino. There are only champions who die less quickly because they have less abilities.

Although saying that, mark my words that if Domino does prove to be a terror on AW defence there will be a champ eventually that has a cool new ability that is “this champion enables immunity to abilities that affect their masteries and their ability accuracy”.

Probably, but it's not right to have no counter when she's first introduced... The counter should be first.

And there should be more than 1 counter
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,132 ★★★★
    The main issue with domino is that since it affects masteries, there is no single counter to domino. There are only champions who die less quickly because they have less abilities.

Although saying that, mark my words that if Domino does prove to be a terror on AW defence there will be a champ eventually that has a cool new ability that is “this champion enables immunity to abilities that affect their masteries and their ability accuracy”.

Seems to be thr status qou. Kinda ridiculous that autoblock and damage for evading or blocking is even in the game. Kinda lazy design ideas that frustrate customers which will lead to less spending or playing.
  • Carmel1Carmel1 Posts: 268

And you believe them it’s not scale up with AW attack boost???
  • BigDaddyJoeBigDaddyJoe Posts: 357 ★★
    @RagamugginGunner you are spot on 😍
  • KevinFF1961KevinFF1961 Posts: 93

Doesn't Mephisto already have that?
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 2,909 ★★★★★

Not masteries, if I’m not mistaken.
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 1,704 ★★★

there are champs whos aa cannot be reduced... but none state anything bout masteries...
  • SegalionSegalion Posts: 35
    edited June 2018
    Does critical failure also affect assasination mastery? So when Below 18 percent even vision can have A fail damage?
  • JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,416 ★★★★
    Segalion wrote: »
    Does critical failure also affect assasination mastery? So when Below 18 percent even vision can have A fail damage?

Yes
  • Mcord117Mcord117 Posts: 1,287 ★★★★
    edited June 2018
    Carmel1 wrote: »

I have watched a video on reddit where she is on arc overload and is solo killed by a rank 5 Hyperion. It does appear to not scale and it looks like it can be reduced some depending on the masteries you have. I am not sure that was smart placement for her. I think the poster said resonate was the key as her degen was only like 7 per tick but active almost the entire fight

It would also appear domino will need high sig
    Mcord117 wrote: »
    Carmel1 wrote: »

I have watched a video on reddit where she is on arc overload and is solo killed by a rank 5 Hyperion. It does appear to not scale and it looks like it can be reduced some depending on the masteries you have. I am not sure that was smart placement for her. I think the poster said resonate was the key as her degen was only like 7 per tick but active almost the entire fight

It would also appear domino will need high sig

Remember that diminishing returns affects the degen level, so the more it’s triggered the less it does. So every time resonate doesn’t trigger it causes degen, thereby reducing it. Every time it does trigger it causes weakness, thereby reducing it.

It seems resonate is the need to have mastery for facing domino. But yeah, it’s also possible that the domino was just a very low sig.
  • Spurgeo14Spurgeo14 Posts: 1,145 ★★★
    As if Dormammu's Degen, Magik's Limbo, and Iceman's Coldsnap weren't bad enough you've gone ahead and implemented yet another champion that deals unavoidable damage while giving us essentially no way to combat it since the answer is playing champions with no abilities... in a game where we play super heroes, gods, and universal beings the solution is to play characters who don't do anything. You see the problem there right? This isn't Marvel Contest of Regular Humans. We have no way of turning off or not using a champions abilities, so what is the design goal of her signature ability? If there is a damage mechanic with which we can't interact with, influence, or play around then it loses it's purpose as a fight mechanic and turns into cheap damage which will just frustrate players. Please change it - give us a way to play around it or avoid it that doesn't involve playing only the most basic and boring champions in the game.

Love the logic here! Too true to deny. Hahaha

• Spurgeo14Spurgeo14 Posts: 1,145 ★★★
    Rotelly wrote: »
    • Opponents take 753 Energy Damage over 1.5 second(s) whenever their abilities have a chance to trigger but don’t. Potency decreases temporarily for consecutive triggers.

Please add developer notes, we need more info on her sig ability

I asked to get more information on her Sig Ability. Let me know if this helps:

Any time Domino's opponent has a chance to trigger an ability, but fails, they take a brief Damage over Time debuff. This does not stack, so if it happens in quick succession, it will renew, and not stack. For instance, Wolverine has X% chance to trigger a Regen on a critical hit. Any Critical Hit he makes that does not trigger a regen, will suffer from this Energy Damage Over Time debuff.

Does that clear things up?

So why does dexterity trigger this every freaking time? This explanation doesn't explain that at all...

Domino is just awful. A Dex fails do you just stand there an eat a special to the face. You block or party an then you can't evade out of it with manually taking your finger off the screen, it's like the cable an av sp1 bug where you could not Dex out of it.

Seriously a joke of champ
    edited June 2018
    Also how does charging a heavy attack with hela to get fury buffs get you to degen with energy damage. Thats not even a % to proc
  • BigDaddyJoeBigDaddyJoe Posts: 357 ★★
    How can walking towards Domino give me the debuff 😳 ? Nvm I get it.... there’s a chance I trip but don’t then that proc’s critical failure 😂
  • Domino enters The Contest June 7th at 10AM PDT!

About Domino:
    Neena Thurman a.k.a. Domino is the lucky result of an unlucky government weapons program designed to breed the perfect weapon. After escaping a top-secret facility with her mother, she honed her Mutant ability to manipulate probabilities and joined the mercenary group known as X-Force.

Base Stats & Abilities
    *All stats based on 4-Star, Rank 5, Level 50, Signature Level 99

Health: 15417
    Attack: 1255
    Max PI:
    Without Signature: 3804
    With Signature (99): 4419

*All stats based on 5-Star, Rank 5, Level 65, Signature Level 200

Health: 30911
    Attack: 2516
    Max PI:
    Without Signature: 7661
    With Signature (200): 10050

Character Class: Mutant

Basic Abilities: Luck, Critical Bleed, Critical Damage

Probability Field Passive
    • At the start of the fight, opponents lose 222 Critical Rating and Domino gains the same amount.
    • At the start of the fight, opponents lose 15% Ability Accuracy. Whenever one of Domino’s abilities fails to trigger, she gains +10% Ability Accuracy for 8 seconds.
    • Domino’s Bleed abilities tend to strike vital points and have a chance to benefit from her Critical Damage bonuses equal to her Critical Chance.
    • Opponents’ Bleed abilities tend to graze and have a 50% chance to expire after only 1 second(s). Whenever a Bleed expires prematurely, Domino is inspired and gains 10% of her maximum Power instantly.

All Attacks
    • Benefit from up to +502 Attack Rating selected at random.
    • Benefit from up to +1333 Critical Damage selected at random.
    • A Critical Hit with a maximum roll in both Attack and Critical Damage Ratings results in a Perfect Critical Hit that inflicts Stun for 1 to 3 second(s).

Heavy Attacks
    • If the opponent is Stunned, Attack Rating is increased by +1255 for this attack.

Blocking
    • Benefit from up to +1333 Block Proficiency selected at random.
    • A Block with 5407 Block Proficiency or higher results in a Perfect Block, reducing incoming attack damage to zero and granting 10% maximum Power instantly.

When Filling a Bar of Power
    • 30% chance for Domino to gain a Lucky Passive. 25% of Domino’s current Combo Meter count is added to this chance.
    • 30% chance for opponents to suffer an Unlucky Passive. 25% of the opponents’ current Combo Meter count is added to this chance.
    • Lucky and Unlucky effects last for a random duration between 1 and 5 seconds plus 1.5 additional second(s) for each full Bar of Power at the time of activation.
    • Skill Champions are always Unlucky.
    • Tech Champions are never Unlucky.

Lucky Passive
    • +273 Critical Rating.
    • +381 Critical Damage Rating.
    • +15% Ability Accuracy.
    • +353 Block Proficiency.
    • 10% chance to Evade attacks.
    • Stun expires 35% faster.
    • Domino is more likely to earn a higher roll when selecting Attack Rating, Critical Damage Rating, and Block Proficiency bonuses at random.

Unlucky Passive
    • -273 Critical Rating.
    • -276 Critical Damage Rating.
    • -222 Critical Resistance.
    • -35% Ability Accuracy.
    • -353 Block Proficiency.
    • 100% chance for Evade or the Dexterity Mastery to fail.
    • Bleed abilities deal 50% less damage.

Special Attacks:

Special 1: Stroke of Luck – Domino fires a bullet that strikes a grenade at exactly the right angle to maximize damage.
    • Each hit has a 25% chance to inflict Bleed, dealing 1381 damage over 7 seconds.
    • If Domino is Lucky, this attack refreshes all Stun and Bleed effects on the opponent.
    • If the opponent is Unlucky, this attack has +251 Attack Rating for each second that passed since the last time Domino hit with a Special Attack.

Special 2: Auspicious Onslaught – Domino fires four shots in style while upside down and airborne.
    • Each hit has a 25% chance to inflict Bleed, dealing 3012 damage over 7 seconds.
    • If Domino is Lucky, this attack has +1255 Attack Rating if Domino suffered from Bleed at least once this fight.
    • If the opponent is Unlucky, they’re Taunted by this flashy attack. Taunted opponents have their Attack reduced by 251 and have a 70% higher chance to activate a Special Attack.

Special 3: Soldier of Fortune – After two shots, Domino kicks her pistol at the opponent then unleashes a larger weapon.
    • 74% chance to inflict Bleed, dealing 3012 damage over 7 seconds.
    • If Domino is Lucky, this attack has +38 Attack Rating for every Critical Hit that occured this fight by either Domino or her opponent (Max: 100 Critical Hits).
    • If the opponent is Unlucky, this attack inflicts Armor Break, removing one Armor Up and reducing Armor by 564 for 4 seconds.

Signature Ability: Critical Failure
    • Opponents take 753 Energy Damage over 1.5 second(s) whenever their abilities have a chance to trigger but don’t. Potency decreases temporarily for consecutive triggers.

Um I just logged in to my contest of Champions expecting a 3* domino from the two days of work I put in on black and white 3v3 but what I got was some bs shards!!! I did not stay up two days for nothing!!! I had 960,00 points how did I not get a domino???? I think instead of putting the rewards as rank rewards just give the rewards for having enough points!! It's just messed up you put up an award for the top 10% and nobody else gets anything out of it.. I spend way too much time and effort for this **** I love the game but if this **** continues it won't be worth it to anyone unless they pay to play which most players do anyway!! So why not just give everyone rewards for reaching the max milestone!!! My account is Zoomzoom98d I want my domino I worked hard for..
  • Haji_SaabHaji_Saab Posts: 3,505 ★★★★★
    Create a problem
    Sell the problem
    Cretae the solution
    Sell the soultion

Loop to infinity. I am just glad I am not in the race of platinum / master AW.
    Zoomzoom98 wrote: »
    Domino enters The Contest June 7th at 10AM PDT!

About Domino:
    Neena Thurman a.k.a. Domino is the lucky result of an unlucky government weapons program designed to breed the perfect weapon. After escaping a top-secret facility with her mother, she honed her Mutant ability to manipulate probabilities and joined the mercenary group known as X-Force.

Base Stats & Abilities
    *All stats based on 4-Star, Rank 5, Level 50, Signature Level 99

Health: 15417
    Attack: 1255
    Max PI:
    Without Signature: 3804
    With Signature (99): 4419

*All stats based on 5-Star, Rank 5, Level 65, Signature Level 200

Health: 30911
    Attack: 2516
    Max PI:
    Without Signature: 7661
    With Signature (200): 10050

Character Class: Mutant

Basic Abilities: Luck, Critical Bleed, Critical Damage

Probability Field Passive
    • At the start of the fight, opponents lose 222 Critical Rating and Domino gains the same amount.
    • At the start of the fight, opponents lose 15% Ability Accuracy. Whenever one of Domino’s abilities fails to trigger, she gains +10% Ability Accuracy for 8 seconds.
    • Domino’s Bleed abilities tend to strike vital points and have a chance to benefit from her Critical Damage bonuses equal to her Critical Chance.
    • Opponents’ Bleed abilities tend to graze and have a 50% chance to expire after only 1 second(s). Whenever a Bleed expires prematurely, Domino is inspired and gains 10% of her maximum Power instantly.

All Attacks
    • Benefit from up to +502 Attack Rating selected at random.
    • Benefit from up to +1333 Critical Damage selected at random.
    • A Critical Hit with a maximum roll in both Attack and Critical Damage Ratings results in a Perfect Critical Hit that inflicts Stun for 1 to 3 second(s).

Heavy Attacks
    • If the opponent is Stunned, Attack Rating is increased by +1255 for this attack.

Blocking
    • Benefit from up to +1333 Block Proficiency selected at random.
    • A Block with 5407 Block Proficiency or higher results in a Perfect Block, reducing incoming attack damage to zero and granting 10% maximum Power instantly.

When Filling a Bar of Power
    • 30% chance for Domino to gain a Lucky Passive. 25% of Domino’s current Combo Meter count is added to this chance.
    • 30% chance for opponents to suffer an Unlucky Passive. 25% of the opponents’ current Combo Meter count is added to this chance.
    • Lucky and Unlucky effects last for a random duration between 1 and 5 seconds plus 1.5 additional second(s) for each full Bar of Power at the time of activation.
    • Skill Champions are always Unlucky.
    • Tech Champions are never Unlucky.

Lucky Passive
    • +273 Critical Rating.
    • +381 Critical Damage Rating.
    • +15% Ability Accuracy.
    • +353 Block Proficiency.
    • 10% chance to Evade attacks.
    • Stun expires 35% faster.
    • Domino is more likely to earn a higher roll when selecting Attack Rating, Critical Damage Rating, and Block Proficiency bonuses at random.

Unlucky Passive
    • -273 Critical Rating.
    • -276 Critical Damage Rating.
    • -222 Critical Resistance.
    • -35% Ability Accuracy.
    • -353 Block Proficiency.
    • 100% chance for Evade or the Dexterity Mastery to fail.
    • Bleed abilities deal 50% less damage.

Special Attacks:

Special 1: Stroke of Luck – Domino fires a bullet that strikes a grenade at exactly the right angle to maximize damage.
    • Each hit has a 25% chance to inflict Bleed, dealing 1381 damage over 7 seconds.
    • If Domino is Lucky, this attack refreshes all Stun and Bleed effects on the opponent.
    • If the opponent is Unlucky, this attack has +251 Attack Rating for each second that passed since the last time Domino hit with a Special Attack.

Special 2: Auspicious Onslaught – Domino fires four shots in style while upside down and airborne.
    • Each hit has a 25% chance to inflict Bleed, dealing 3012 damage over 7 seconds.
    • If Domino is Lucky, this attack has +1255 Attack Rating if Domino suffered from Bleed at least once this fight.
    • If the opponent is Unlucky, they’re Taunted by this flashy attack. Taunted opponents have their Attack reduced by 251 and have a 70% higher chance to activate a Special Attack.

Special 3: Soldier of Fortune – After two shots, Domino kicks her pistol at the opponent then unleashes a larger weapon.
    • 74% chance to inflict Bleed, dealing 3012 damage over 7 seconds.
    • If Domino is Lucky, this attack has +38 Attack Rating for every Critical Hit that occured this fight by either Domino or her opponent (Max: 100 Critical Hits).
    • If the opponent is Unlucky, this attack inflicts Armor Break, removing one Armor Up and reducing Armor by 564 for 4 seconds.

Signature Ability: Critical Failure

Um I just logged in to my contest of Champions expecting a 3* domino from the two days of work I put in on black and white 3v3 but what I got was some bs shards!!! I did not stay up two days for nothing!!! I had 960,00 points how did I not get a domino???? I think instead of putting the rewards as rank rewards just give the rewards for having enough points!! It's just messed up you put up an award for the top 10% and nobody else gets anything out of it.. I spend way too much time and effort for this **** I love the game but if this **** continues it won't be worth it to anyone unless they pay to play which most players do anyway!! So why not just give everyone rewards for reaching the max milestone!!! My account is Zoomzoom98d I want my domino I worked hard for..

You didn’t do enough. Nobodies fault but your own.
  • CuteshelfCuteshelf Posts: 747 ★★★
    Why does Domino do degen/energy damage?
    She is just lucky.

She never had energy powers.

Why do none of your employees know these characters at all?
    Cuteshelf wrote: »
    Why does Domino do degen/energy damage?
    She is just lucky.

She never had energy powers.

Why do none of your employees know these characters at all?

Well duh, it happens every time in the comics when she fights someone, if her enemy is unlucky then their life force itself just starts to drain away. That’s 100% how it works.
  • Haji_SaabHaji_Saab Posts: 3,505 ★★★★★
    So, her degen damage definitely does not scale with nodes in AW

And the dimishing returns from her sig are also working now. Once they fix block break (not sure whether it is fixed already), then she will be just another magik.

Her offence is still strong, which is great.
  • This is a good site
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 2,480 ★★★★
    Special Attacks:

Can I ask to clarify a couple of things?

1 - Does this Attack boost apply to each second that passed since the last time Domino struck (hit the opponent effectively) with a Special Attack, or the last time Domino made contact witha special Attack (even if it was blocked)?

i.e. if I repeatedly block special attacks (taking chip damage), do these blocked attacks reset the timer, or does the bonus apply since the last Special Attack that actually hit effectively?

2 - That's a 10% increase in damage per second if the opponent is unlucky. Is there any upper limit to this Attack boost?

3 - Presumably since it's an 'Attack' boost, there will be a corresponding increase in the bleed damage?

Thanks. More questions in the next post.