Champion Spotlight - Domino

Comments

• MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 2,490 ★★★★
    Hey everyone, just wanted to bring some extra information about Domino. Her first light attack, the second hit of her first medium attack, and the last part of her heavy attack are projectiles. So while you can still Parry these attacks to reduce their damage (except for her heavy), they don’t make contact, so you won’t be able to Stun her off of these attacks when you Parry. Apologies that this didn’t make it into her ability description. We’re working on getting this notated in her abilities.

1 - Presumably these projectiles will be subject to Evasion (sometimes) by Daredevil?

2 - Any plan to reverse engineer this recent 'short range projectile' thing for older champs like Hulk's or Juggernaut's Special-1 attacks; and Dr Strange/Magnetos basic attacks? Would be a good buff to them, as well as making Proxima Midnight more special.

Thanks.
  • cAncAmOcAncAmO Posts: 449 ★★
    please, review this champ... i know it´s great for a bussines but she makes impossible fights and her damage for nothing is ridiculous
  • EvangelionlovrEvangelionlovr Posts: 418 ★★★
    Hey everyone, just wanted to bring some extra information about Domino. Her first light attack, the second hit of her first medium attack, and the last part of her heavy attack are projectiles. So while you can still Parry these attacks to reduce their damage (except for her heavy), they don’t make contact, so you won’t be able to Stun her off of these attacks when you Parry. Apologies that this didn’t make it into her ability description. We’re working on getting this notated in her abilities.

1 - Presumably these projectiles will be subject to Evasion (sometimes) by Daredevil?

2 - Any plan to reverse engineer this recent 'short range projectile' thing for older champs like Hulk's or Juggernaut's Special-1 attacks; and Dr Strange/Magnetos basic attacks? Would be a good buff to them, as well as making Proxima Midnight more special.

Thanks.

No

-Kabam (probably)
  • AnonymousAnonymous Posts: 508 ★★★
    Itz_nature wrote: »
    This is the very best game so far but you all know it will be much more interesting if it can be made a little more easier to get a 3star or 4 star crystal and very important iso-8 because there are bosses and levels a player cannot win and this is the major reason why people look for means to cheat. To either get more 3 or 4 star champions or to get pass a level because it's too hard for his /her champions. Please I suggest you make the game a little easier for us to play and get our champions upgraded too. THANK YOU. I WAIT FOR YOUR REPLY AND A CHANGE TOO.

Lol, what?
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 1,704 ★★★
    Just to tell you how broken dominos ability is....
    GR MLLLM combo gives fury judgement but only when awakened.
    Unawakend GR is getting crit failure on a MLLLM combo because he cannot create a judgment.

It appears the code is like this for GR
    MLLLM = place judgment.
    Sig ability check = no
    Result = judgment fail.

Needs to be like this
    MLLLM = sig ability check
    Answer = no
    Result = do not attempt judgment
  • Maat1985 wrote: »
    Unawakend GR is getting crit failure on a MLLLM combo because he cannot create a judgment.

MLLLM = place judgment.
    Sig ability check = no
    Result = judgment fail.

Needs to be like this
    Answer = no

We're investigating this right now, but are not able to reproduce this yet. Do you have some more information?Specifically, who was on your team, or where you saw this occur?
  • taojay1taojay1 Posts: 1,062 ★★★
    What is most frustrating to me is the lack of communication from Kabam. No clarification whatsoever on how exactly critical failure works, leaving it to players having to theorize and suffer
  • Energybolt2000Energybolt2000 Posts: 39
    That Luck ability is too op
  • BigDaddyJoeBigDaddyJoe Posts: 357 ★★
    I spent 300units trying to land land her. I had a critical failure and spun a 3* RR 🤷🏻‍♂️
    9d4pbhrrkcbj.gif
    @Kabam Miike
    I’ve got an issue with domino critical failure, specifically in RoL against captain marvel. I’ve put a gif below.
    ywfxe01rmtyk.gif
    You can see that at the very start of the fight, literally, even before I hit parry critical failure triggers. All I can think of is that the fury ability is failing. But here is my issue, because domino triggers critical failure whether the attack lands or not.

Either on one hand domino is bugged and triggering Critical failure randomly or on the other, when the AI (or the player when fighting against domino) launches an attack, regardless of if it hits, is parried or dexterity’d away; critical failure will trigger anyway.

This happens in a lot of situations, when crossbones hits Domino’s block he degens because there’s technically a % chance to trigger fury when he begins his attack, but it’s blocked so in reality there is a 0% chance.

Domino working like this is frankly just tiring. I don’t want to see the game release more unavoidable damage, it’s sad and removes a hell of a lot of fun from the game for me. The fact that Domino can make abilities, that can only be triggered from hitting the opponent, fail when they hit a block or even when they hit nothing, if it’s evaded, is ridiculous.

How can fury from a hit fail, when no hit occurs?

This is awesome evidence. Another explanation could be absorption, but both don't really make sense because technically there is no chance of absorption, nor for fury to occur if she doesn't land a hit
    Maat1985 wrote: »

MLLLM = place judgment.
    Sig ability check = no
    Result = judgment fail.

Needs to be like this
    Answer = no

We're investigating this right now, but are not able to reproduce this yet. Do you have some more information?Specifically, who was on your team, or where you saw this occur?

@Kabam Miike
    I was going off information which others had given to me as to the source of this “bug”. Normally i would always verify the issue myself before commenting on it however i trusted this as i saw it as just another issue to add to a growing list of concerns with domino.

I have attempted to replicate this myself but have been unable to. I have tried in duels and in quest with the blade synergy.

It would appear that i along with others was fed mis-information.
    It would seem that the interation of unduped GR MLLLM combo is not infact causing failure and i apologise for posting about a bug that is actually a totally false claim.

There are however many many other issues that we as players have with domino so it has become all to easy to jump to conclusions without verifying its accuracy
  • BigDaddyJoeBigDaddyJoe Posts: 357 ★★
    I can just look at domino when I’m about to attack her and I get critical failure @Maat1985 your right tho at this point everyone will say something bad about her. I do like her outfit
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 2,910 ★★★★★
    taojay1 wrote: »
    @Kabam Miike
    I’ve got an issue with domino critical failure, specifically in RoL against captain marvel. I’ve put a gif below.
    ywfxe01rmtyk.gif
    You can see that at the very start of the fight, literally, even before I hit parry critical failure triggers. All I can think of is that the fury ability is failing. But here is my issue, because domino triggers critical failure whether the attack lands or not.

Either on one hand domino is bugged and triggering Critical failure randomly or on the other, when the AI (or the player when fighting against domino) launches an attack, regardless of if it hits, is parried or dexterity’d away; critical failure will trigger anyway.

This happens in a lot of situations, when crossbones hits Domino’s block he degens because there’s technically a % chance to trigger fury when he begins his attack, but it’s blocked so in reality there is a 0% chance.

Domino working like this is frankly just tiring. I don’t want to see the game release more unavoidable damage, it’s sad and removes a hell of a lot of fun from the game for me. The fact that Domino can make abilities, that can only be triggered from hitting the opponent, fail when they hit a block or even when they hit nothing, if it’s evaded, is ridiculous.

This is awesome evidence. Another explanation could be absorption, but both don't really make sense because technically there is no chance of absorption, nor for fury to occur if she doesn't land a hit

I have more in the other domino thread that’s about black panther getting critical failure on his sp1 even though it’s being evaded. I hate that the failure can proc Just because the ability “might” fail as long as it hits, but then it might not hit and you still get the damage.
    @Kabam Miike
    ywfxe01rmtyk.gif

I have more in the other domino thread that’s about black panther getting critical failure on his sp1 even though it’s being evaded. I hate that the failure can proc Just because the ability “might” fail as long as it hits, but then it might not hit and you still get the damage.

Yes, I saw that post as well. Was critical failure procced bc he didn't cause bleed, or because he had extra crit rating but didn't crit? Nothing makes sense to me about her ability
    @Kabam Miike
    ywfxe01rmtyk.gif

Yes, I saw that post as well. Was critical failure procced bc he didn't cause bleed, or because he had extra crit rating but didn't crit? Nothing makes sense to me about her ability

I think I’m pretty confident concluding that the critical failure procs (in black panther’s case) in 2 of 3 scenario’s
    1) no crit, CF procs because his ability to crit “fails”
    2) crit, no bleed, CF procs because his ability to bleed fails
    3) crit, bleed CF doesn’t proc because the ability didn’t fail
  • 313rd313rd Posts: 140

Thanks.

Proxima Midnights has a 200% offensive ability reduction towards her enemies. But Domino can still cause her parry to fail. But mod in Prox champ spotlight made a point to say its effective against BLack Widows subtlety ability and “parry her attacks.” I don’t get it?bpyonerxo3xm.jpeg

o4o8ph3a1y9m.png
    313rd wrote: »

Thanks.

Proxima Midnights has a 200% offensive ability reduction towards her enemies. But Domino can still cause her parry to fail. But mod in Prox champ spotlight made a point to say its effective against BLack Widows subtlety ability and “parry her attacks.” I don’t get it?bpyonerxo3xm.jpeg

If I had to guess, Criticsl failure doesn’t count as an offensive ability. So there’s no reduction in it. It just happens.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 2,990 ★★★★★
    edited June 2018

Thanks.

If I had to guess, Criticsl failure doesn’t count as an offensive ability. So there’s no reduction in it. It just happens.

This makes zero sense whatsoever.

Was Domino a summer intern project? Because she’s looking more and more like there was next to no forethought given to how her abilities interact with everyone else. The very fact that there aren’t explicit disclosures about how she works suggests even more that no one really knows what she is and isn’t supposed to do.

Dr. Zola
    DrZola wrote: »

Thanks.

Was Domino a summer intern project? Because she’s looking more and more like there was next to no forethought give about how her abilities interact with everyone else. The very fact that there aren’t explicit disclosures about how she works suggest even more that no one really knows what she is and isn’t supposed to do.

Dr. Zola

Critical failure could be considered a defensive ability. As it is stopping the attacker from doing something and harming the attacker for failing to do something.
    It is not someting that domino herself is actively doing....
    I dunno just a thought
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 2,990 ★★★★★
    edited June 2018

Thanks.

Was Domino a summer intern project? Because she’s looking more and more like there was next to no forethought give about how her abilities interact with everyone else. The very fact that there aren’t explicit disclosures about how she works suggest even more that no one really knows what she is and isn’t supposed to do.

Dr. Zola

Critical failure could be considered a defensive ability. As it is stopping the attacker from doing something and harming the attacker for failing to do something.
    I dunno just a thought

And I respect that—what I am puzzled by, however, is that several of us are batting theories back and forth about how this all works but are still pretty much in the dark about it while the game team drops breadcrumbs. Isn’t this something that should be clearly explained to us?

Dr. Zola

Thanks.

Dr. Zola

I dunno just a thought

And I respect that—what I am puzzled by, however, is that several of us are batting theories back and forth about how this all works but are still pretty much in the dark about it while the game team drops breadcrumbs. Isn’t this something that should be clearly explained to us?

Dr. Zola

It is terrible form by the game team to not be able to give full explanation as to how an champ works and their abilities and interactions with other champs.
    Here is an idea. Everytime a new champs is released open a thread and have a dev dedicate some time there for Q&A. That way we can ask anything we need clarification on and get answers rather than having no idea wat way is up..
    Yeah still really hard to understand. If Prox can consistently parry BW and Iron man Infinity Wars projectile due to her 200% block offensive ability reduction towards the opponent, how is Dominos projectile attack have a chance to NOT be parried? Shouldn’t Domino offensive ability, when blocked, be reduced by 200% just the same as the others I mentioned? Parry (specifically) included???
  • CodePlayCodePlay Posts: 24
    There are questionable triggers of critical failures, but in wars, it seems she can be solo'ed and strategy actually is to constantly proc critical failure and because of diminishing returns, you could get lesser degen damage. I'm just curious, has anyone in platinum 3 and up had their domino get more kills? If so, which node is she good for? I like her to be in my defense (like r4 and awaken her) but it seems she can be easier killed by opponent than IMIW.
    I noticed exactly wat was going on with ghost rider that was causing confusion....

So once his regen is up, every hit will lifesteal. Each hit has a chance to fail. Once i had my regen going i kept getting failure mid combos and stuff cus i was failing to lifesteal.
  • Blitzkilla420Blitzkilla420 Posts: 561 ★★★
    domino is doing things that is breaking the game. now shes causing crit failure on unduped abilities? are you kidding me right now?

we need kabam mods to kindly step in and tell us whats going on. we have a right to know why domino is causing all these wacky things like breaking our blocks and causing our own dexing and parrys to fail

this is why testing needs to be done on all champs and all masteries

stan lee needs to get involved here and teach you guys how his creations are supposed to work